Photo
- - - - -

Colin Hendry - An Asset?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
300 replies to this topic

Poll: Colin Hendry - An Asset? (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

1. Yes (20 votes [5.42%])

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

2. Voted No (313 votes [84.82%])

Percentage of vote: 84.82%

3. Voted I don't know enough to judge (36 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 17:14 PM

Plus will be a drinking buddy for Kean, and they both can escape from pubs when somebody tweets . This absolute stinks as an Agnew PR move, also expect Dunn to onboard in this new PR line up.
Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine<span style='color: #333333'><span style='font-family: Arial'> -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  </span></span>

#42 EgyptianPete

EgyptianPete

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

• ST Block: NO1

Posted 13 May 2012 - 19:16 PM

Colin Hendry backs Coco Kean Fact = Colin Hendry end of hero worship from the 90's

Colin Hendry failed manager in Scotland Fact = Coco's stooge.

Colin Hendry skint Fact = taking the ###### out of the Rovers fans if he works for Coco Kean

Colin Hendry joining Coco = Disaster.

Colin Hendry losses status with Rovers fans if he works with Coco Kean FACT END OF

#43 SIMON GARNERS 194

SIMON GARNERS 194

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10367 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 19:21 PM

A great player for us but I would rather leave him in the past,He has done himself no favours.

Blackburn Rovers....THE most successful town club in the land!

SOS...Save our club from Venky's!!

#44 smithsblue

smithsblue

League Two

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

His comments on the radio through the season show his motivation. Agree he should stay away - to retain any "dignity" with the fans.

#45 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 14 May 2012 - 14:40 PM

Let's not forget that a lot of Colin's problems began with the tragic death of his wife.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#46 rigger

rigger

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:18 PM

Let's not forget that a lot of Colin's problems began with the tragic death of his wife.

A lot of Hitlers problems began with the tragic death of his mother,it didn't make him, a good appointment.

#47 Ewoodbhappy

Ewoodbhappy

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:23 PM

A lot of Hitlers problems began with the tragic death of his mother,it didn't make him, a good appointment.

:lol:

SHEBBY IS A TWIT!!!

AGNEW IS A PR - ICK!!!

VENKY'S - YOU ARE SCUM FOR WHAT YOU CONTINUE TO DO TO OUR CLUB.

#48 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:32 PM

No excuse, T4E. :angry2:
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#49 AllRoverAsia

AllRoverAsia

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 16:35 PM

A tad unfair to compare Hendry with Hitler.

I thought that Adolf's problems stemmed from only having one ball to play with - well that's the song we sang as kids.

Summer silly season has arrived early.

Those were the days my friends....I was there that day!!

The first Rovers game I saw was at Ewood on Saturday 7th September 1963 - Rovers 7 v Spurs 2, attendance: 20,949

(Rovers scorers - McEvoy 4, Douglas 1, England 1, Pickering 1)

Rovers team: Else,Bray,Newton,Clayton,England,McGrath,Ferguson,McEvoy,Pickering,Douglas,Harrison

(Only 3 in that team cost a transfer fee: Else £20k, Harrison £20k and Ferguson £2k)

#50 dr_awol

dr_awol

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 16:39 PM

No excuse, T4E. :angry2:

WOW...
Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

Accept his very difficult situation with his wife, however, I know people who have had to go through similar tragedies and handled it superbly, showing real character. Hendry's circumstances are not unique.

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..
:-)

#51 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 16:52 PM

WOW...
Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..

Just out of interest dr_awol Do you also think Steve Kean should be kept in any role within the club? and what do you think Hendry could bring to the club?

Edited by perthblue02, 14 May 2012 - 16:54 PM.

Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine<span style='color: #333333'><span style='font-family: Arial'> -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  </span></span>

#52 hollowsr

hollowsr

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:05 PM

Can I also point out that Colin's son is with Rovers U14s, probably a good idea not to sound off about Kean, not saying he should be backing him etc but just a thought

#53 dr_awol

dr_awol

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:06 PM

Just out of interest dr_awol Do you also think Steve Kean should be kept in any role within the club? and what do you think Hendry could bring to the club?

because of his results no

what could hendry bring to the club : 20 years of playing experience

#54 BigAlan

BigAlan

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

• ST Block: No4

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:17 PM

because of his results no

As did Nigel Winterburn and he was woeful.

#55 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:26 PM

Steady on kids. I'm not saying we should appoint him, not by a long way. The way he has behaved can't be excused - all I'm saying is it is perhaps easier to understand why things have gone the way they have.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#56 Bryan

Bryan

Ewok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12917 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:33 PM

So what? He's retired from playing and he's no cop as a coach or manager.

So he'd just be another parasite feeding off the host.
Sir! With respect, you can stick the money up your #### that's all I can offer you sir.

#57 dr_awol

dr_awol

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:34 PM

As did Nigel Winterburn and he was woeful.

whats your point? Colin hendry is not Nigel Winterburn.

So what? He's retired from playing and he's no cop as a coach or manager.

So he'd just be another parasite feeding off the host.

wow..... the greatest defender to player for the the club in the premier league called a parasite. as far am im aware Colin hendry had a mixed coaching career, but was captain of Blackburn and Scotland, im he can offer much..

just as a side note, i would never post anything on a forum i would not feel comfortable saying to someone face to face

Edited by dr_awol, 14 May 2012 - 17:48 PM.

#58 BigAlan

BigAlan

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

• ST Block: No4

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:44 PM

[quote name='dr_awol' timestamp='1337016854' post='1263473']
whats your point? Colin hendry is not Nigel Winterburn.

My point is that 20 years playing experience does not mean he he will be a good coach. We need a quality coaching team with a quality manager right now. Hendry's track record in management and coaching is poor.

#59 Bryan

Bryan

Ewok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12917 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:48 PM

wow..... the greatest defender to player for the the club in the premier league called a parasite. as far am im aware colin had a mix coaching career

just as a side note, i would never post anything on a forum i would not feel comfortable saying to someone face to face

Mixed coaching career? A mix of mediocre and crap.

He wouldn't be helping us to solve our problems, but he'd be drawing a fair wage to help solve his. So parasitic doesn't sound too far wide of the mark. Perhaps it was a tad strong, though. But what has his playing career got to do with that?
Sir! With respect, you can stick the money up your #### that's all I can offer you sir.

#60 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 19:15 PM

WOW...

Extremist ? How ? Hendry's views and conduct are well documented and in the public domain!

My comment to T4E, wasnt passing comment about his wife or me being callous. It was meant to convey my view- the death of someone close shouldnt be used as an excuse for acting in despicable/ disgusting ways - or anything else.

I speak as someone who has suffered terrible loss in horrendous circumstances.

Or maybe you disagree, and think the death of someone close to you shields you from any criticism :blink:

Back to Hendry's quotes. Been told he was on 5live, on Sunday, doing the City build up, and he was painful and waffled.
Been relayed to me that he said something like; "Jack Walker spent a shed load of money to win the league. Then he sold the players to finance the stadium. Its been a bad season, but at-least the fans have that stadium! " What ? :blink:
Anyone catch it ?

Edited by A cup of beans, 15 May 2012 - 19:15 PM.

"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.