Photo
- - - - -

Colin Hendry - An Asset?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
300 replies to this topic

Poll: Colin Hendry - An Asset? (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

1. Yes (20 votes [5.42%])

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

2. Voted No (313 votes [84.82%])

Percentage of vote: 84.82%

3. Voted I don't know enough to judge (36 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Burrells Boy

Burrells Boy

League One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 19:45 PM

Hendry past his sell buy date, a good servant to Rovers and was well paid. Don't want to see him at Rovers in any capacity. We have enough members of the Scottish deadwood society.

#62 koi

koi

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 20:24 PM

Extremist ? How ? Hendry's views and conduct are well documented and in the public domain!

My comment to T4E, wasnt passing comment about his wife or me being callous. It was meant to convey my view- the death of someone close shouldnt be used as an excuse for acting in despicable/ disgusting ways - or anything else.

I speak as someone who has suffered terrible loss in horrendous circumstances.

Or maybe you disagree, and think the death of someone close to you shields you from any criticism :blink:

Back to Hendry's quotes. Been told he was on 5live, on Sunday, doing the City build up, and he was painful and waffled.
Been relayed to me that he said something like; "Jack Walker spent a shed load of money to win the league. Then he sold the players to finance the stadium. Its been a bad season, but at-least the fans have that stadium! " What ? :blink:
Anyone catch it ?

Yes I heard that. He's general waffling all weekend has been quite bizarre.

#63 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 21:28 PM

Yes I heard that. He's general waffling all weekend has been quite bizarre.

Yet more evidence. :( He just gets worse!
My mates take on it was that Stuart Hall talked more sense! :lol:
I think Stuart Hall is exceptional! Be great if there is a compilation of him somewhere!
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#64 AndyC

AndyC

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3252 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

http://www.colinhendrylies.com/

if that is true, he really is scum.

#65 koi

koi

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

The fact that it's not been contested despite being 'live' for a long time is quite telling..

#66 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7034 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

WOW...
Colin Hendry is entitled to his own opinion, it does not belittle the service hes given to this club. arnt people allowed to have opinion that arnt totally the extremist views some on here are starting to develop here..

@Mercerman your comments on how people deal with bereavement, really poor comments,It none of your business how people deal with there PERSONAL bereavement. sickening :angry:

I for one would welcome him back at this club in a flash..

I'm with Mercerman. If you call ripping off a kind neighbour and boasting about it "dealing with their PERSONAL bereavement" then you're the one who's sickening.

Nothing can take away from the memories of Big Col as a player but he's done nothing since to suggest he has much idea about management either of a club or himself.

#67 jim mk2

jim mk2

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

We've already got one Scottish idiot living in a fantasy world with increasingly bizarre and selfish behaviour and prone to making irrational statements so why not another ? Get him on board.

Edited by jim mk2, 16 May 2012 - 10:24 AM.

What's the difference between yoghurt and Australians ? At least yoghurt starts with a little culture.

#68 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

With Hendry's alleged financial dealings with friends etc you can see why Kean and associates want him on board can't you?
Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine<span style='color: #333333'><span style='font-family: Arial'> -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  </span></span>

#69 ross-shire rover

ross-shire rover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Am I the only one who can't find the website www.colinhendrylies.com ?? Is my server blocking it?

If, as seems to be reported, Big Col does get a job at Rovers, it's another example of how totally incapable of making one right decision this lot are.

He was a great player and I respect him for that. He's had great personal tragedies and I feel sorry for him for that, BUT he has never shown himself to be a good manager or coach, and it seems he has made a lot of very bad mistakes in personal and financial matters since the death of his wife.

I just can't see what postive results he would bring to Rovers. Kean will no doubt be spinning what a great fans' favourite he is ( I think we probably all agree that should be "was") and what a coup it will be for Venky's to take him on and they'll believe him of course.

With this lot in charge there really is no hope.

Even if Kean finally goes, they'll still find lots of ways to cock things up further.

#70 Ferrit

Ferrit

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Agreed. Great player for us or not, if that's true he's a scumbag of the highest order.

#71 Mike Ellison

Mike Ellison

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Colin Hendry - An Asset
People can find any reason to complain. As Berti Vogts said:

'If I walked on water, my accusers would say it is because I can't swim.’

#72 old darwen blue

old darwen blue

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 14:43 PM

I thought an asset was a little donkey?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

#73 Mike Ellison

Mike Ellison

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 15:45 PM

I thought an asset was a little donkey?

Almost. Assette ;)

#74 old darwen blue

old darwen blue

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 17:49 PM

Almost. Assette ;)

That's a little French donkey
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

#75 Mike Ellison

Mike Ellison

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 19:08 PM

That's a little French donkey

:P :lol:

#76 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8475 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 20:58 PM

Colin Hendry would only bring more gloom to the club.

Lets hope he keeps well away from Ewood and Brockhall and is only reeled out, when theres a 95 celebration.

#77 allanncd

allanncd

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 21:19 PM

What coaching experience has Hendry got? Does he even have his "badges"? They don't prove much but at least show a guy is serious and not just wandering in for a pay packet and a bit of banter. I doubt that Hendry is even at square one when it comes to experience or qualifications. But that's football among the less successful clubs- it's you know and who buys the rounds.....

#78 forumquizmaster

forumquizmaster

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 23:01 PM

What coaching experience has Hendry got? Does he even have his "badges"? They don't prove much but at least show a guy is serious and not just wandering in for a pay packet and a bit of banter. I doubt that Hendry is even at square one when it comes to experience or qualifications. But that's football among the less successful clubs- it's you know and who buys the rounds.....

I don't know for a fact but he managed Clyde up here so he must surely have badges?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.
Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

#79 DE.

DE.

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8594 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:32 PM

glen mullan ‏@glen9mullan
Kean starts charm offensive with appointment of Hendry to coaching staff, trying to get a little more clarification but being alledged

:rolleyes: great.

Ride with the wind to the edge of the ocean

Sail away to the end of the world

I've been to paradise, a world of ice

To the holy coasts of gold

The wind still carries my soul

#80 glen9mullan

glen9mullan

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:49 PM

An offer was put to Big Col a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it had gone cold, however it appears not and this has progressed.
"Better to try and fail, than to never try at all"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.