BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

Well there we have it. Our fate has been sealed for some time with the leadership of Kean.

Bolton could not muster a win to stay up.

We are apparently debt free?? Believe that if you will. Bolton £90 million in debt? Both clubs in the mire.

IMO if Venkys woke up, sacked Kean and put in place a structure and decent manager, i'd say we'd do ok.

Only problem in this - Venkys have to make a correct call. Track record says????

So who will do best in the Championship?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big problem for Bolton could be how Eddie Davies is feeling right now. I stand to be corrected but I think Bolton owe the money to him rather than a bank. Does he continue to bankroll them of try and call in some of the money. He could insist on the odious Gartside being removed from his position for starters.

However I am delighted that another of Jerome's boys have taken a team down - Coyle's teeth will be going ten to the dozen now. Him and the wee turd can have a party together to celebrate their achievements.

I'm glad QPR didn't go down, they would have been a strong contender in the CCC next year. Bolton aren't too far away from us and I expect their good players like Petrov to be nabbed by newly promoted clubs.

We haven't a chance of getting promoted with Billy Bullsh!tter in charge, so it's pretty meaningless in those terms.

However, they seem to think that they are our rivals for some reason and cheered laughingly at our relegation. So...good. Serves 'em right.

Without being too dramatic,(I think) this week could be one of the most important in Rovers history.

Venkys sack Kean: An immediate upsurge in hope for the future.

Venkys stick with Kean: The nightmare continues, The hope fades, Venkys hit the self destruct button.

If only we could be a fly on the wall for that meeting.

Why would Venky's fly Kean all the way to Pune just to sack him?

No chance that will happen. They would do it in a less personal way. Who would like to sack someone to their face if they didn't have to?

They will either keep on as if nothing has happened, or change his job title and expect us to all fall for the Emperor's New Clothes...

Bolton, unless something dramatic haapens moneywise for them. They will lose some players because they are good enough to play at a higher level; they may lose some because of cost cutting; they do however, have a manager who knows what it's about and who will spend any money he has bringing in the kind of players he needs to get his team out of the Championship again. The players still erspect him mostly. Players will go to Bolton whereas we will struggle to bring in the players to replace the 80% who will, contrary to Venkys estimate, actually want to leave. We don't stand a chance unless at least kean goes, and even then it will take a lot to rebuild a club, and a reputation, so we won't come straight back up. And besides Kean is going nowhere.

• Backroom

Hard to call, their debt could be crippling to them whereas our owners are to us

So much for a worldie eh?

Bolton will be pushing for promotion while we're looking up how to get to League One grounds in 2013/14.

I'm sure I read something last season that one reasons why Coyle was appointed at the Reebok is to reduce the wage bill [sound familiar?] while building a competitive squad.

As far as I remember, from reading between the lines of the article, it was more or less anticipated that they would likely go down either this season or next; but that the owner and the Board [and fans, who appreciated his honesty and straightforwardness] trusted Coyle to get them back, if not straightaway, then having them regularly in the mix for promotion as we used to be in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

That quality newspaper hack nixon is truly a great judge of football men.sycophant.he shouldn't flatter himself blocking his site.utterly discredited.can we block him from this site?

He'll just argue they were let down by the owners.

Remember when he was on that podcast. He basically dodged the calls for Kean's head and kept saying that if only Kean had £10m, we would stay up easily. :rolleyes: I wouldn't trust Kean with monopoly money, let alone 10 million smackers.

i think bolton are screwed with their debt. they will have to do major cuts. Even withh steve kean in charge i think we have a bigger chance than bolton going up.

With Kean in charge, we're only heading one direction, and it's not promotion.

• Backroom

I think people underestimate the size of boltons problems

£90m in debt and 14 either out of contract or going back off loan

Although I can't see many of their players being in demand

This week is massive for rovers. We are in a far better position financially and have some good young players. We just dont have a good manager. He needs to go now. Another season and we will not get back up

Well now this is an easy question we have Owen Coyle experience of managing in the championship not consistently but regularly gets the most out of the players at his disposal knows his best team then we have Baldylocks who could not negotiate himself out of a brown paper bag who stands on the touchline looking up into space when other managers makes changes does nothing to nullify those changes that falls out with nearly all players from the old regime that is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal that thinks it's a good idea to sit your strongest players on the bench or not in the 16 that has no idea what his strongest 11 is that gets rewarded for failure & that beat us twice this year without a shadow of a doubt if the bald one is still in charge there will be no contest and my prediction unless there are changes Mrs D will have a heart attack when the season ticket numbers come in and I would hazard a guess the Ewood game will be the lowest attendance in a long while unless there is change they will beat us twice if there is a new man at the helm who knows what he is doing then that gives us an even chance.

This week is massive for rovers. We are in a far better position financially

Are we actually better off financially? Won't be that great next season when we don't get £50m from sky....

and have some good young players.

Not good enough though. SOme will do ok in the championship, but the better ones will probably be off.

Well now this is an easy question we have Owen Coyle experience of managing in the championship not consistently but regularly gets the most out of the players at his disposal knows his best team then we have Baldylocks who could not negotiate himself out of a brown paper bag who stands on the touchline looking up into space when other managers makes changes does nothing to nullify those changes that falls out with nearly all players from the old regime that is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal that thinks it's a good idea to sit your strongest players on the bench or not in the 16 that has no idea what his strongest 11 is that gets rewarded for failure & that beat us twice this year without a shadow of a doubt if the bald one is still in charge there will be no contest and my prediction unless there are changes Mrs D will have a heart attack when the season ticket numbers come in and I would hazard a guess the Ewood game will be the lowest attendance in a long while unless there is change they will beat us twice if there is a new man at the helm who knows what he is doing then that gives us an even chance.

Not meaning to be rude, mate, but your post is unreadable.

Archived