#21 beastlove

beastlove

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

• ST Block: 12

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:28 PM

This week is massive for rovers. We are in a far better position financially and have some good young players. We just dont have a good manager. He needs to go now. Another season and we will not get back up

#22 Brfcrule1

Brfcrule1

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:44 PM

Well now this is an easy question we have Owen Coyle experience of managing in the championship not consistently but regularly gets the most out of the players at his disposal knows his best team then we have Baldylocks who could not negotiate himself out of a brown paper bag who stands on the touchline looking up into space when other managers makes changes does nothing to nullify those changes that falls out with nearly all players from the old regime that is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal that thinks it's a good idea to sit your strongest players on the bench or not in the 16 that has no idea what his strongest 11 is that gets rewarded for failure & that beat us twice this year without a shadow of a doubt if the bald one is still in charge there will be no contest and my prediction unless there are changes Mrs D will have a heart attack when the season ticket numbers come in and I would hazard a guess the Ewood game will be the lowest attendance in a long while unless there is change they will beat us twice if there is a new man at the helm who knows what he is doing then that gives us an even chance.
Donut Kean Out we will not give up till this drink driving,Lying,Back Stabbing creep is gone!.

#23 cn174

cn174

World Cup

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6754 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 22:51 PM

This week is massive for rovers. We are in a far better position financially

Are we actually better off financially? Won't be that great next season when we don't get £50m from sky....

and have some good young players.

Not good enough though. SOme will do ok in the championship, but the better ones will probably be off.

#24 Sparky Marky

Sparky Marky

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 23:05 PM

There is no way that we'll be better off financially when they feck off.
Id bet we're not debt free......its probably been moved to India so we can't get the details...
Jim Furnell's Blue and White Army

#25 david_daft

david_daft

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 23:16 PM

Well now this is an easy question we have Owen Coyle experience of managing in the championship not consistently but regularly gets the most out of the players at his disposal knows his best team then we have Baldylocks who could not negotiate himself out of a brown paper bag who stands on the touchline looking up into space when other managers makes changes does nothing to nullify those changes that falls out with nearly all players from the old regime that is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal that thinks it's a good idea to sit your strongest players on the bench or not in the 16 that has no idea what his strongest 11 is that gets rewarded for failure & that beat us twice this year without a shadow of a doubt if the bald one is still in charge there will be no contest and my prediction unless there are changes Mrs D will have a heart attack when the season ticket numbers come in and I would hazard a guess the Ewood game will be the lowest attendance in a long while unless there is change they will beat us twice if there is a new man at the helm who knows what he is doing then that gives us an even chance.

Not meaning to be rude, mate, but your post is unreadable.

I told him not to mention the @#/? elephant.

#26 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 23:50 PM

£100m of debt....Manager safe.....ALL about what the owners decides to do

Not many assets to sell...Maybe Holden (Promised he will stay), Lee, Reo-coker and maybe Mark Davies. Apart from those 4....not many you would even look at.

Miyachi, Boyatta, Tuncay all only on loan.

Klasnic, Knight, Robinson, Rickets, Jääskeläinen, Sean Davies, Gardner & Blake all out of contracts.

Looking at todays team.....That leaves them with (if you take away those best 4 players & lose those out of contract/ loan)

---------------Bodgan-----------------
---? ----Ream ---- ? ------Alonso-----
Eagles - Vela ---- ? ------- ? -------
------K Davies -- N'Dog --------------

Others -
Wheater (Out for 9 months)
Sordell
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#27 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 23:50 PM

Obviously Bolton. They have better players, an actual manager and a functioning club structure. We have Dann, Kean and Paul ###### Agnew.

Edited by Rovermatt, 13 May 2012 - 23:51 PM.

“Bible camp's cancelled.

#28 Doug

Doug

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 00:22 AM

I have just got back from the BWFC player of the year awards at the breezeblock, (I have to go because of work). Speaking to a number of Notlob fans and they appeared to be less positive than we are (honest)! There are so many players out of contract they only expect 9 full time pro's to be left before they sign players up. They also believe Coyle is as poor as Kean, (I put them right on that!).

#29 AggyBlue

AggyBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5086 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 00:29 AM

Not only Bolton but every other club in the Championship is a better bet for promotion than Rovers (assuming of course that Kean stays)

Posted Image

#30 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 00:30 AM

I have just got back from the BWFC player of the year awards at the breezeblock

They had that tonight?? :blink:

Did the players attend too?
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#31 Doug

Doug

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 00:33 AM

They had that tonight?? :blink:

Did the players attend too?

Players, Chairman and Manager.... I enjoyed myself! :D

#32 Lathund

Lathund

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2023 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 00:55 AM

Are we actually better off financially? Won't be that great next season when we don't get £50m from sky....

They are £90m in debt. We are £0-£20m, depending on who you believe. I know what I'd prefer... Bolton aren't getting that money either you know.

As for the original question; as long as Kean is here there will be a dozen Championship clubs better placed for a return.

#33 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27454 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Neither club will bounce back. Relegation battle again for both is quite possible.

#34 purplegrover

purplegrover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

We'll be lucky if we can compete with the likes of Leicester, Hull, Cardiff, Birmingham, and a very strong Charlton side who some are backing to compete for consecutive promotions. We have been left by the current shower of morons in management with a weird mix of very young inexperienced players, and flashy 'marquee' players unsuited to the solid grind of championship football. We need good solid working midfielders. I think we'll suffer as a bottom half of the table side once our 'quality' departs over the summer (Yak, Hoilett, Martin O, Nzonzi). Over the course of the season next year, I can see Dann and Orr getting chewed up, spat out and flattened by soild grafters like Danny Drinkwater and Peter Whittingham.

#35 bradeagle

bradeagle

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

At least coyle had the humilty to acknowledge he feels for the supporters after their relegation although he has blamed everything else apart from himself for the demise

#36 cletus

cletus

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4673 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hate to say it, but i think the pigs have much better chance of bouncing back than we do.
Apart from here & the turd, Eric`s a very popular manager. Other managers (& press) like him....that`s why they like to loan him players (Wilshire & Sturridge etc...) They see a purpose in sending their young starlets to Eric to learn & get better. That`s a definite plus for the piggies.

What have we got? A tactically inept puppet put in place by idiots. Do you think the Fergies & Wengers of this world would want to send their starlets out on loan here? I think not.
Resistance or collaborator? The choice is yours....

#37 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I think people underestimate the size of boltons problems

£90m in debt and 14 either out of contract or going back off loan

Although I can't see many of their players being in demand

Exactly.
Bolton dont have a great record of producing young players, which would be vital (due to their crippling debts).

Running up debts like that is outrageous. I have no sympathy for them.

About time they got some dodgy refereeing against them, an all!

Can’t see Bolton challenging, BUT, I can’t see Rovers challenging either. Unless the owners completely change character, invest in the club emotionally and financially, replace Kean, restructure the Ewood Admin, etc...

Edited by A cup of beans, 14 May 2012 - 12:16 PM.

"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#38 longsiders1882

longsiders1882

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 13:47 PM

Bolton and its not even close.

Bolton by far have the superior manager, Coyle is proven at that level and has got a side promoted before. Bolton's debt is owed to their owner, not banks.

Coyle had 1 great season in the CCC - and he's failed awfully at Bolton. The key wlll come down to which players you can both keep - and which you can bring in. Some biggish teams next season with Leicester looking like they still have cash, Leeds starting to look a prospect under Warnock, Seff Weds coming up, Forest possibly over their wobbles relegated teams obviously and I'd expect boro to improve. Im assuming West Ham will go up but they may also still be there. As ever you can never be sure but it looks a tough league. For the record I think Burnley will struggle to be top half, might even be fighting the drop.

I think people underestimate the size of boltons problems

£90m in debt and 14 either out of contract or going back off loan

Although I can't see many of their players being in demand

The figures I've read put the debt at over 100 million. The owner I read somewhere charges around 10% PA on this. Not sure how long that can be sustained outside the Prem - I'd guess he won't be looking to increase his 'investment'
'even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth' - Ghandi

#39 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16652 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 14 May 2012 - 14:06 PM

Longsiders - not nice to say but i also think your guys are a lot better set for next season than us
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#40 longsiders1882

longsiders1882

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 14:16 PM

Longsiders - not nice to say but i also think your guys are a lot better set for next season than us

From cost base point of view possibly but over all not. You have full parachute payment so can easily pay more than we can. We look like relying largely on youth for our squad members, really anticipating a tough season for us - but I guess one benefit of never having had the investment is tough seasons are pretty much what we have every year.
'even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth' - Ghandi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.