BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bolton

Bolton may have some serious money problems, they were due to repay £30m to their benefactor and with relegation there might be some serious financial implications for them.

It mentioned that Davies...the owner already put £10m in around March to help them balance the books.

Coyle also admitted they have been over-spending too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What odds on the three B's for relegation next season? It's not impossible.

I genuinely doubt it. Of the three I'd think we would be the most likely. If we don't improve our home form we could be in trouble quite easily. We are also about to lose 1, and quite possibly 2, key players (Rodriguez and Trippier). We do have some decent strikers and the lad we signed last summer (Ings) looked a real player when he had recovered from his injury.

I think (unfortunately) you and Bolton will do well. You'll both have a base of Premier League players and will add a few players who are good at this level.

Im not so sure either Bolton or Rovers will do that well to be honest.

How weak is the championship? I mean none of the promoted teams got relegated from the Prem (two stayed up very comfortably).

Of the teams that got relegated from the prem last year only one will get back up - seems to imply that it isnt that weak a league how ever its portrayed. It also portrayed as a very physical league but the promoted teams from last year actual played decent passing football. We really do need a decent manager to have a chance.......

Im not so sure either Bolton or Rovers will do that well to be honest.

How weak is the championship? I mean none of the promoted teams got relegated from the Prem (two stayed up very comfortably).

Whilst what you say is true - its worth noting we beat all 3 at home and also drew at both QPR and Norwich (should have won too). That's 11 of our 31 points....so they can't be that great.

I think Swansea are most comfortable but that's due to how they play and a solid defence/ keeper...., Norwich without strengthening will really struggle next season....QPR have big cash so should be fine now.

Of the 3 going down....there will be massive transition so it's impossible to say how we will all do.

Mentality will be the most important thing.

If, as we expect, we keep the majority of our squad, minus the obvious three/four which will leave, then what is left clearly has the quality to do well in the championship, what we perhaps don't have is enough steel or fighting spirit that you need.

Mentality will be the most important thing.

If, as we expect, we keep the majority of our squad, minus the obvious three/four which will leave, then what is left clearly has the quality to do well in the championship, what we perhaps don't have is enough steel or fighting spirit that you need.

I agree mentality must be right and we need more steel , but we have a lack of footballing talent in the squad ..

Many of our players are just not good enough to play at championship level...

I f we get a new manager with a semblence of footballing sense , we may actually acquire some footballers playing to a proper system ...

Bolton attempting to get Miyachi on another season long loan.

They have also announced that Adidas is the new kit sponsor (Reebok Owner)......1st time for ages that Reebok isnt on their shirts. Adidas will sponsor them for 4 years, they have confirmed they will keep the naming rights till the end of that deal also - then it looks like they will no longer sponsor them, or the stadium....and they have already pulled their offices out of the Reebok.

Bolton attempting to get Miyachi on another season long loan.

They have also announced that Adidas is the new kit sponsor (Reebok Owner)......1st time for ages that Reebok isnt on their shirts. Adidas will sponsor them for 4 years, they have confirmed they will keep the naming rights till the end of that deal also - then it looks like they will no longer sponsor them, or the stadium....and they have already pulled their offices out of the Reebok.

Maybe they are making their way to Wigan

Archived