BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

Didn't Best spend a significant portion of last season on the sidelines as well?

Let's hope we haven't signed Grella mkII

He suffered a cruciate ligament injury in the 2010 pre-season with Newcastle, I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same injury

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't too impressed with AEK but I think they lost to Preston a day or 2 ago so I'm not sure what the deal with their team is.

Friendlies are meaningless in terms of the result in my eyes but we should start to play better once the players get used to playing with each other....in theory of course.

Impressed with Best, Morris and Jorge today......oh and Murphy as well but that was to be expected.

Lovely bit of skill by Formica as well near the end.

Wasn't too impressed with AEK but I think they lost to Preston a day or 2 ago so I'm not sure what the deal with their team is.

Friendlies are meaningless in terms of the result in my eyes but we should start to play better once the players get used to playing with each other....in .

Preston beat them 1-0

Funny how people slate Jorge as a bad player after his first game, now he plays a good game. Give him a chance.

was it the same person slating him thats now praising him, if not then whats your point, we cant all be blindly optimistic about everything and we all have diferant opinions of players and performances.

Good first half , could have been more than 2 up ...Bad news Best going off (hopefully not to serious) ..

Up front we looked ok , when we eventually got the ball to the forwards....

Best , Gomes , Murphy look to have what it takes ...Jorge looks a better bet than Lowe playing in midfield ..But there is a lack of pace in the team (Ollsson not good enough) .Hanley and Givet looked solid enough but a lack of height in that position , we will get found out in the league ...Nunes looked like he might be ok , not on long enough...

I was wondering if Goodwillie , Petrovic and Rochina were left out for a reason ?.....

If Best is out for any length of time , we could be in for a very difficult season ...

No idea what kind of team AEK had out , but had nothing much to offer , but we won !

On the evidence of today , I would be surprised if we made the top 10 ...Need more pace and physical presence throuhout the team ..Also a new manager needed asap

Archived