BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No problem with discussing your own political views but keep it in the right place

For now I've moved the posts to the local elections thread but if somebody wants to create a more appropriate thread I'll move the posts into there

Open Meetings occur quite frequently and are open to everyone to attend, whilst our minutes go where they should which is on our website and again can be read by anyone who registers on the site (which is free)

So they are freely available to all

http://brfcactiongroup.co.uk/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewforum&f=10.0

Sorry to be a bother but this doesn't include anything with the FA/Prem and I am unable to attend any "open meetings." I am a member that is being represented so how can I access this info to find out more about the goings on at Rovers?

Just a thought......I know it's like bolting the door after the horse has bolted, but it might help raise publicity etc:

I understood that Uncle Jack's will had stipulations about safeguarding the future of the club. In selling the club, I thought the WalkerTrust had to be very careful about making sure that a sale to the new owners met the conditions in the will.

Given how the new owners have turned out, is there an arguement for saying the executors of the estate and a will did not exercise Jack Walker's wishes properly.

Has anyone thought of making a complaint to the regulator of the solicitors involved?

Baz`s linked article states that Roberston gave the FA till Feb 29th this year to "to completely reshuffle the place and to clean their act up, especially the compliance unit or he’s going to legislate against them.”. Anyone heard of any legislation from the Government in this matter?

Just a thought......I know it's like bolting the door after the horse has bolted, but it might help raise publicity etc:

I understood that Uncle Jack's will had stipulations about safeguarding the future of the club. In selling the club, I thought the WalkerTrust had to be very careful about making sure that a sale to the new owners met the conditions in the will.

Given how the new owners have turned out, is there an arguement for saying the executors of the estate and a will did not exercise Jack Walker's wishes properly.

Has anyone thought of making a complaint to the regulator of the solicitors involved?

That must surely have been down to the Walker trust to sell the club to proper owners. It was their duty to comply with any wishes JW stipulated. My view is that there was all sorts of things going on around the time of the takeover - which I do not know if are public knowledge - which prompted / forced the Walker trust to get out fast. So sold to venkys.

http://www.mannyroad.co.uk/?p=187

Not sue how to add links in the new board update, but interesting stuff in this article. ( and series of related articles on same site )

It is an old story, but for some reason it is circulating again. That can only be good with the rovers situation. But what I noticed is these things happened 'after' Sam left bolton. Coincidence, rovers situation went worse after Sam was sacked. Strange coincidence.

It all seems very quiet after the excitement of the initial meetings with the FA etc... Meanwhile there seems a lot of spin from the new Rovers 'spin doctor' Shabby (Tony Blair would be proud) and the signing of Danny suggesting the Venky's are either not worried or playing the Ostrich and burying their head pretending all is o.k. Please re-assure that your information is being taken seriously and is not being ignored...i can't face another disappointing year like the last....we need a Venky's exoticism and all associated.

It all seems very quiet after the excitement of the initial meetings with the FA etc... Meanwhile there seems a lot of spin from the new Rovers 'spin doctor' Shabby (Tony Blair would be proud) and the signing of Danny suggesting the Venky's are either not worried or playing the Ostrich and burying their head pretending all is o.k. Please re-assure that your information is being taken seriously and is not being ignored...i can't face another disappointing year like the last....we need a Venky's exoticism and all associated.

From what was said at the meeting, they were taken very seriously, and suprised people who thought they were upset because we had been relegated.

The information supplied needs to be verified by the likes of the FA and sanctions taken if deemed necessary.

Although it appears no deadlines were set initially by BRAG, I'm sure they can be if they deem necessary at a later point.

I think you can be assured plenty is happening. Last Sunday's meeting was very revealing but unfortunately it's not appropriate for those who attended to post details of the discussion on here.

BRAG must be allowed to decide what can be openly published and what can be discussed at a fans' meeting. Personally, and unexpectedly, I left the meeting feeling encouraged progress is and will be made towards improving the club's situation.

Its all pie in the Sky until we hear some revealing news and some concrete evidence of wrong doing...we wait with baited breath!

Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock..........

From what I know, the clock is really ticking and in my opinion, based on the information I have, there is concrete evidence of some wrongdoings!!

From what I know, the clock is really ticking and in my opinion, based on the information I have, there is concrete evidence of some wrongdoings!!

Okay. If 27th of June were midnight, what time would the alarm go off? I'm not having a go, I'm gagging for a result.

Lot of time for you as a poster Kelbo, but correct me if I'm wrong, you have been banging this drum for 12 months+ and Venky's look as secure as ever.

Evidence is so difficult to find, especially the concrete source, I do understand that there is concrete evidence in the hands of the FA etc now!!

Archived