BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting with Minister of sport and premier league

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are their any protests planned at brockhall for the 1st days training, so we can let them know that we the fans are the only ones that can issue a clean slate(which wil not be happening while knobedds in charge).

I would join if I can - although maybe hard living in Leeds

From tonight's London Evening Standard

LEAGUE WERE WARY OF ME AFTER BLACKBURN

An interview with the Russian Anton Zingarevich, who has recently bought Reading. Zingarevich speaks about a meeting he had with Richard Scudamore:

"Then Zingarevich revealed how Blackburn's relegation after a troubled 18 months under the control of Indian company Venky's may have held up his own takeover. 'The impression I got was that Scudamore and the Premier League were concerned about the Blackburn experience. They wanted to know whether an agent had any control over Reading. I was able to explain to Scudamore what I was trying to achieve.

Make of that what you will

The FA are convinced enough to bring it up in conversation but not to actually act. Spiffing, absolutely spiffing.

So how long do the FA have now to do something on BRFC's behalf?

Or do we just sit back and watch Kean surround himself with clowns while the club spends money at an alarming and totally illogical rate? Money we didn't have last year - and money we certainly don't have now, unless of course Venkys........ yeah, right.

So why is Kean still in charge again?

• Backroom

An interview with the Russian Anton Zingarevich, who has recently bought Reading. Zingarevich speaks about a meeting he had with Richard Scudamore:

"Then Zingarevich revealed how Blackburn's relegation after a troubled 18 months under the control of Indian company Venky's may have held up his own takeover. 'The impression I got was that Scudamore and the Premier League were concerned about the Blackburn experience. They wanted to know whether an agent had any control over Reading. I was able to explain to Scudamore what I was trying to achieve.

Errr, according to our good friend Mr. Scudamore Venky's did nothing wrong. Why would they have any impact on Reading's takeover?

Where have I heard talk like that before?, now let me think!

So when are the next accounts out then? I seem to recall November for some reason? Will they include this summers transfer activity and Agents payments?

Rovers financial year ends 30th June. The accounts are usually released just before Christmas. Only activity up to 30th June will be included so I assume only Murphy's transfer will show in the accounts.

Any idea what is with the recent flurry of activity in Portuguese players?

He wanted players with Championship experience who would hit the ground running.

So when are the next accounts out then? I seem to recall November for some reason? Will they include this summers transfer activity and Agents payments?

The Accounts for the period to 30th June 2012 are due with Companies House no later than 31st December 2012. As usual, as soon as I have a copy, I'll distribute them via email to anybody who wants some light bedtime reading material... just for the female readers on here, 50 Shades of Grey, it ain't :lol:

The Accounts for the period to 30th June 2012 are due with Companies House no later than 31st December 2012. As usual, as soon as I have a copy, I'll distribute them via email to anybody who wants some light bedtime reading material... just for the female readers on here, 50 Shades of Grey, it ain't :lol:

Thanks Kendal and FR. 50 shades of red I'd imagine, followed by 50 shades of blood red in Dec 2013. How much can they "pay" for players and put through in Agents fees in that time I wonder.

This is the end game. I don't believe for a minute they're covering the debt. How can any Championship club afford the Best deal alone? Even with parachute payments? A 36 year old, untried in this country, on a two year deal??

The club has gambled on promotion at the very least, at the very worst they're not bothered either way. If they were they'd have had ST's on sale,, got a sponsor sorted out, employed better people other than mates of mates / 3rd rate spin doctors (they dont even feel the need to pretend anymore clearly). That's without even bringing up all the other unexplainable decisions they've made over the last 20 months. Oh and one other thing, which escapes me.

Oh yes, sacked Kean. But as we all know, that's just never going to happen. Still it's all very exciting all this money swilling around isn't it.

I think the owners have little vision and simply react to events. The current spending is IMO a reaction to poor season ticket sales.

They are so simplistic and naive that they think this will change supporters minds. No doubt they were told this, Agnew seems to be following the script for one.

What they do when it doesn't work and the results don't come either is anyone's guess. Go into confused retreat for a month no doubt.

I agree that they're just clueless....."oh well Grella, Hoilett and Salgado are going so we'll just use the money we used to spend on them for the new signings, problem solved".

While parachute payments help to an extent, the massive losses of income in terms of tv money, season ticket sales, regular ticket sales and concessions etc, sponsorship and so on will mean once promotion is obviously not achieved we will be financially crippled which will most likely lead to administration and points deductions. Although that might get rid of them once and for all.....how much left of us there is then left to salvage is another matter.

• 2 weeks later...

if the poor responce to the smoke in the ground was supposed to be one of the biggest things brag had against the regime then sadly thats pretty weak, good effort though.

In fairness that was not a biggy and don't be too sure that that incident was a small thing , rovers have to attend a full enquiry and give evidence regarding the smoke incident. Around 14 different bodies are involved in that enquiry and it's been deemed very serious

Archived