Photo
- - - - -

Battersby and Currie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
84 replies to this topic

#41 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13582 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

One thing that has been consistent throughout Venkys reign (of horror) is that any bad news that has 'leaked' out has nearly always been proved correct. It's a typical management technique: allow bad news our through the rumour channels, becomes an open secret and when it happens no-one's surprised. Conditioning.

In my view, Venkys treat us like employees not customers, hence they show us little respect.

I'm not expecting good news.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#42 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

Sadly, I think all current rumours of an imminent sale are running a long way ahead of themselves.

#43 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7046 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

its encouraging but we've been let down so often I can't (dare not) invest any emotional energy in it until, and if, it becomes more certain.

#44 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Sadly, I think all current rumours of an imminent sale are running a long way ahead of themselves.

This sounds more plausible at the moment!!!!
VENKYS OUT

#45 Roversider

Roversider

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• ST Block: W03

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

If there is some genuine activity from the Ian's then they will need to be mindful of all the aspects of governance around communications. That is due to the risk of impacting on share valuations etc.

It would be very good if they can progress this and whilst I am an enthusiastic supporter of the BRSIT endeavour I have always felt that it would benefit from being part of a shared ownership. It would be good to get the two groups working together but I suspect we can't do anything until there is real movement forward.

Apart from the benefit of some extra funds some portion of fan ownership is the only way we will be able to moderate any decisions about Rovers based purely on financial benefit.

Whatever happens, let's all be patient and remember that words spoken in haste can make life difficult unnecessarily. We need to unite all who love the Blue and Whites and suppress any personal issues. I am convinced that Wayne Wild has started BRSIT for the most admirable of reasons and other fans need to share the burden.
Fraser Eagle, CIS, Walkersteel - Always be the Riverside - TOSS THAT TEDDY!

#46 OJRovers

OJRovers

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

I see the problem being that Venkys won't want any 'fans' group eg the two Ian's looking through the books for the last 18 months.

Are they really going to want the details of agents fees, Board minutes, Kean's weekly budgets, contract details etc in the hands of people who could leak it to the public?

I think they'd prefer to sell to a faceless buyer from Asia/Middle East who wouldn't care about their dealings with certain sports agencies.
COME ON YOU BLUES!

#47 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I see the problem being that Venkys won't want any 'fans' group eg the two Ian's looking through the books for the last 18 months.

Are they really going to want the details of agents fees, Board minutes, Kean's weekly budgets, contract details etc in the hands of people who could leak it to the public?

I think they'd prefer to sell to a faceless buyer from Asia/Middle East who wouldn't care about their dealings with certain sports agencies.

I would be shocked if undertaking due dilligence didn't involve signing an indfinate gagging order over anything you find.
If Rovers are Venky's 'baby' then Balaji, Venkatesh and Mrs Desai must be our Steven Barker, Jason Owen and Tracey Connelly.

#48 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 15:03 PM

The only difference between buying Rovers and the Sellafield slurry pit is there might be something valuable in the Sellafield slurry opit in about 1,000 years' time.

#49 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 16:43 PM

Another post deleted. Is it no longer permissible to suggest that some elements within the club (those I named are either completely, and clearly, unconnected to the club or simply don't exist) might not like the sight of possible takeovers?

Edited by Rovermatt, 22 May 2012 - 16:56 PM.

“Bible camp's cancelled.

#50 TBTF

TBTF

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 17:40 PM

Got a few people looking into this to try and get the meat on the bones, to see how far it actually is.

The source was adament that it was far more advanced than just interested, Battersby, Currie and Khan have all at some stage over the last 6 months met with Venkys.

I spoke with the club late last night (Ewood) and they was as confused as ever, with no-one having a real clue whats going on

I have asked one or two people to look into things, I spoke with Kamy last night and his sources in India said NO bid had been lodged, however others on the case not too sure as some other stuff is potentially cooking.

Things to note £50 Million gonna be needed, and where did the £17 Million come from which Venkys just paid Barclays, and was it them (Venkys)who paid it?

On the Manager front the offer was in writing, but to protect the source and the person in question who I know, I will have to keep quiet for now

I am told that the trio are unavailable to chat due to some FSA restraints, regarding the takeover, what these are? god knows as I was always under the impression they are they just regulate finances.

I have heard this a few times today Glen from people who wouldn't be in the realms of speculation so maybe , just maybe......

If i am reading you right are you thinking there might of been some kind of downpayment by Seneca to straighten out Barclays in return for some sort of deal with The Venkys? If what you say about an offer being put in writing to a manager then i can see where you are coming from.
Have you been able to get any more from your sources today Glen?Just thinking its a while since you posted this news and it appears a bit quiet during today, thats all.

#51 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 17:50 PM

Indeed. Not to mention any completely unimaginable consequences for unmentionable generic sports agents.
“Bible camp's cancelled.

#52 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

I have heard this a few times today Glen from people who wouldn't be in the realms of speculation so maybe , just maybe......

If i am reading you right are you thinking there might of been some kind of downpayment by Seneca to straighten out Barclays in return for some sort of deal with The Venkys? If what you say about an offer being put in writing to a manager then i can see where you are coming from.
Have you been able to get any more from your sources today Glen?Just thinking its a while since you posted this news and it appears a bit quiet during today, thats all.

This is not the case.

Oh how I wish that it were though.

#53 Craigman

Craigman

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Well in his interview, Rao is saying they are not selling, could they be going into partnership with someone ? So they can still keep face ?
Hopefully not a partnership with Jerome Anderson !

#54 rhodie

rhodie

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Seems strange that a decision can only be made next month.
Why?
I know its purely speculation but the only reason they could have for postponing the decision is that they are awaiting some sort of outcome, possibly a sale,either that or they are putting off delivering the bad news that he is staying.Surely there are a fair few players that are basing their decisions on whether he stays or goes and by that I mean the latter.Hopefully, if the club is on the verge of new owners the Venkys will leave the decision to them so as not to ruin a friendship.

#55 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Seems strange that a decision can only be made next month.
Why?

Its June in 8 days! :D
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#56 SIMON GARNERS 194

SIMON GARNERS 194

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10368 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

I just hope to God these people put a firm bid in very soon,at this rate we will have no club left within 12 months.

Blackburn Rovers....THE most successful town club in the land!

SOS...Save our club from Venky's!!

#57 yoda

yoda

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6133 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Well in his interview, Rao is saying they are not selling, could they be going into partnership with someone ? So they can still keep face ?
Hopefully not a partnership with Jerome Anderson !

I think that partnership has already failed!!!!

And one day, when the full story of Steve Kean's managerial reign and the agent Jerome Anderson's involvement at Ewood Park is told, as it must be, Blackburn supporters will be owed many an apology,
http://www.tripadvis...nd.html#REVIEWS

R.I.P                 Ruined In Pune

#58 darrenrover

darrenrover

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 19:29 PM

I started this thread initially to ignite a blue touch paper and hoped to create some degree of unity.

I've spent hours reading posts on this site and others out of frustration, looking really for a flicker of good news or at least some news that I could put some faith in that we may have a future of sorts. We all know no news with any substance has been forthcoming and as a consequence we all write our own. The snowball then gathers momentum..............

I am just hopeful we can have a future and request that individual agendas, if any exist be removed and replaced, with a collective vision for the club and it's heritage and future.

Unless we have a billionaire benefactor waiting in the wings, which we don't. Let's unite behind some form of a united force, whatever and whoever that may be.

Reading Venkatesh Rao's statement tonight regarding confusion sums it all up. For Christ's sake leaders are supposed to lead, who therefore may the current leaders be?

#59 rovertakenmb

rovertakenmb

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

LANCASHIRE TELEGRAPH 14th December 2011,

Battersby, who enjoyed a three-hour meeting with Anuradha Desai in Pune in October, said: “We need to all take stock and give Venky’s this opportunity to come back in and re-engage on a peaceful basis. If we could for two or three weeks ease off, reign back and allow a period of consultation. When you reach the point when the owners don’t dare come back into town because of the vitriol it is a pretty hideous set of circumstances

Rovers fans are doing a great job in coming together to fight for our club...

...but I am a little bit disappointed that Ian Battersby was one of the people trotting out the "vitriol" patter around Christmas.

www.rovertaken.co.uk
www.rovertaken.co.uk - The book "Agents, Rovers and Cricket Loving Owners" out July 2012

#60 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 13:18 PM

LANCASHIRE TELEGRAPH 14th December 2011,

Battersby, who enjoyed a three-hour meeting with Anuradha Desai in Pune in October, said: “We need to all take stock and give Venky’s this opportunity to come back in and re-engage on a peaceful basis. If we could for two or three weeks ease off, reign back and allow a period of consultation. When you reach the point when the owners don’t dare come back into town because of the vitriol it is a pretty hideous set of circumstances

Rovers fans are doing a great job in coming together to fight for our club...

...but I am a little bit disappointed that Ian Battersby was one of the people trotting out the "vitriol" patter around Christmas.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

He was peddling this ###### on a phone-in recently.
“Bible camp's cancelled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.