BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battersby and Currie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another post deleted. Is it no longer permissible to suggest that some elements within the club (those I named are either completely, and clearly, unconnected to the club or simply don't exist) might not like the sight of possible takeovers?

Got a few people looking into this to try and get the meat on the bones, to see how far it actually is.

The source was adament that it was far more advanced than just interested, Battersby, Currie and Khan have all at some stage over the last 6 months met with Venkys.

I spoke with the club late last night (Ewood) and they was as confused as ever, with no-one having a real clue whats going on

I have asked one or two people to look into things, I spoke with Kamy last night and his sources in India said NO bid had been lodged, however others on the case not too sure as some other stuff is potentially cooking.

Things to note £50 Million gonna be needed, and where did the £17 Million come from which Venkys just paid Barclays, and was it them (Venkys)who paid it?

On the Manager front the offer was in writing, but to protect the source and the person in question who I know, I will have to keep quiet for now

I am told that the trio are unavailable to chat due to some FSA restraints, regarding the takeover, what these are? god knows as I was always under the impression they are they just regulate finances.

I have heard this a few times today Glen from people who wouldn't be in the realms of speculation so maybe , just maybe......

If i am reading you right are you thinking there might of been some kind of downpayment by Seneca to straighten out Barclays in return for some sort of deal with The Venkys? If what you say about an offer being put in writing to a manager then i can see where you are coming from.

Have you been able to get any more from your sources today Glen?Just thinking its a while since you posted this news and it appears a bit quiet during today, thats all.

I see the problem being that Venkys won't want any 'fans' group eg the two Ian's looking through the books for the last 18 months.

Are they really going to want the details of agents fees, Board minutes, Kean's weekly budgets, contract details etc in the hands of people who could leak it to the public?

I think they'd prefer to sell to a faceless buyer from Asia/Middle East who wouldn't care about their dealings with certain sports agencies.

Indeed. Not to mention any completely unimaginable consequences for unmentionable generic sports agents.

I have heard this a few times today Glen from people who wouldn't be in the realms of speculation so maybe , just maybe......

If i am reading you right are you thinking there might of been some kind of downpayment by Seneca to straighten out Barclays in return for some sort of deal with The Venkys? If what you say about an offer being put in writing to a manager then i can see where you are coming from.

Have you been able to get any more from your sources today Glen?Just thinking its a while since you posted this news and it appears a bit quiet during today, thats all.

This is not the case.

Oh how I wish that it were though.

Well in his interview, Rao is saying they are not selling, could they be going into partnership with someone ? So they can still keep face ?

Hopefully not a partnership with Jerome Anderson !

Seems strange that a decision can only be made next month.

Why?

I know its purely speculation but the only reason they could have for postponing the decision is that they are awaiting some sort of outcome, possibly a sale,either that or they are putting off delivering the bad news that he is staying.Surely there are a fair few players that are basing their decisions on whether he stays or goes and by that I mean the latter.Hopefully, if the club is on the verge of new owners the Venkys will leave the decision to them so as not to ruin a friendship.

Well in his interview, Rao is saying they are not selling, could they be going into partnership with someone ? So they can still keep face ?

Hopefully not a partnership with Jerome Anderson !

I think that partnership has already failed!!!!

I started this thread initially to ignite a blue touch paper and hoped to create some degree of unity.

I've spent hours reading posts on this site and others out of frustration, looking really for a flicker of good news or at least some news that I could put some faith in that we may have a future of sorts. We all know no news with any substance has been forthcoming and as a consequence we all write our own. The snowball then gathers momentum..............

I am just hopeful we can have a future and request that individual agendas, if any exist be removed and replaced, with a collective vision for the club and it's heritage and future.

Unless we have a billionaire benefactor waiting in the wings, which we don't. Let's unite behind some form of a united force, whatever and whoever that may be.

Reading Venkatesh Rao's statement tonight regarding confusion sums it all up. For Christ's sake leaders are supposed to lead, who therefore may the current leaders be?

LANCASHIRE TELEGRAPH 14th December 2011,

Battersby, who enjoyed a three-hour meeting with Anuradha Desai in Pune in October, said: “We need to all take stock and give Venky’s this opportunity to come back in and re-engage on a peaceful basis. If we could for two or three weeks ease off, reign back and allow a period of consultation. When you reach the point when the owners don’t dare come back into town because of the vitriol it is a pretty hideous set of circumstances

Rovers fans are doing a great job in coming together to fight for our club...

...but I am a little bit disappointed that Ian Battersby was one of the people trotting out the "vitriol" patter around Christmas.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

Battersby, who enjoyed a three-hour meeting with Anuradha Desai in Pune in October, said: “We need to all take stock and give Venky’s this opportunity to come back in and re-engage on a peaceful basis. If we could for two or three weeks ease off, reign back and allow a period of consultation. When you reach the point when the owners don’t dare come back into town because of the vitriol it is a pretty hideous set of circumstances

...but I am a little bit disappointed that Ian Battersby was one of the people trotting out the "vitriol" patter around Christmas.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

He was peddling this ###### on a phone-in recently.

He was peddling this ###### on a phone-in recently.

I think most people were willing to give them a chance first. So no different than others on that score. He, like the Pune 9, met and spoke with the owners. So maybe extended that chance. In the hope venkys acted.on what they said. But they did not do so. The fault lies solely with venkys who blew every single chance given to them.

Venkys have a history of broken promises. Starting with those made to walker trust, shareholders, fans, Pune 9 & Ian battersby.

No fault can be laid at anybody who tried to give venkys a chance. Venkys are responsible as well as Kean, agents and ANY who advised them.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

hang on i am pretty certain that was a joint piece from Wild and Battersby aimed at trying get these morons to come and communicate.I don't get your point

hang on i am pretty certain that was a joint piece from Wild and Battersby aimed at trying get these morons to come and communicate.I don't get your point

At a time when Rovers fans were getting it from all angles, personally, I wasn't overly keen on the wording of this quote from Battersby,

"When you reach the point when the owners don’t dare come back into town because of the vitriol it is a pretty hideous set of circumstances."

It's a bit over the top for me. As a Rovers fan all I want is to enjoy going to games, have a laugh and to know that the club is in safe hands off the pitch.

Vitriol means "cruel and bitter criticism." I do not feel that the criticism of Venky's was cruel and bitter so I have to disagree with anybody who feels the need to come out in public and say that it was. In the main the criticism of Venky's was balanced and justified and whenever it crossed the line it was quickly reigned back in.

The general criticism levelled at our fans around this time was appalling to be honest.

Just as "positive" became an overused word, so too did "vitriol" and from what I can see Battersby was one of the first to use it in this context. It may not be that big an issue but with so little to judge him on, the fact is it will continue to form part of my judgement until more information is out there.

Agree mb. The protests were peaceful, there was no violence anywhere, and the verbal chants and abuse, apart from the odd harsh word against Kean (but when you are paid what he is, you would be expected to cop that) appeared to be mostly limited to "Kean Out, Venkys Out".

Hardly "vitriolic"....

Maybe Battersby was hedging his bets at the time, not wanting to alienate Venkys in case they did want to talk further, and was putting himself out as being neither 'for' or 'against' them. "Vitriol" was probably an ill advised choice of words though.

I think he's referring to when Battersby had a pop at the fan's 'vitriolic' abuse of Kean around Christmas.

I suppose it depends on how you use the word 'vitriolic'. If it is used as in venting your spleen, then how can anybody argue with it. People did, people have displayed anger and disgust at both venkys and kean. Which is more than understandable.

I suppose it depends on how you use the word 'vitriolic'. If it is used as in venting your spleen, then how can anybody argue with it. People did, people have displayed anger and disgust at both venkys and kean. Which is more than understandable.

Perhaps we could agree that there was no unwarranted vitriol?

Does anyone have any updates as to how their proposed bid is going?

No word yet from anybody i know .But a few of us have tracked down Seneca website and whilst none of us would claim to know what it was all on about they certainly look like they know what they are doing especially Ian Currie.There is some very experienced finance guys in there-so lets keep praying our baldy Indian friends come to their senses quick.

According to one of the Senica boys,he says Venkys are talking to someone(not them)but thinks they want them on board,as partners,does not think they will sell up.

They want the "someone" as partners or Senica as partners?

Archived