Photo
- - - - -

Could Venky's Be Forced To Sell?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
97 replies to this topic

#41 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I mentioned something relating him to a stopped clock on here the other week, he happen still reads this messageboard and linked to my twitter account then.

Probably a blessing in disguise not having to read his tweets anyway, the man's clearly an arse.

#42 Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4604 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Let's be fair now here Clitherover, Kean and Coyley have turned out to be gems....
The championship is a marathon, not a sprint.

#43 John

John

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10962 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Anyone asked him if he still rates the SEM lads as good managers?
It is amazing what can be achieved when no one cares who gets the credit.

#44 K-Hod

K-Hod

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Anyone asked him if he still rates the SEM lads as good managers?

I asked him a while back if he still thinks Kean is 'impressive'. He said I needed to do better research...
'If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well.'
Brian Clough

#45 DE.

DE.

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8594 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 13:48 PM

Not surprised Nixon doesn't post on here anymore, somebody could quite easily do a Tris-special and absolutely destroy his credibility by dragging up various farcical past posts.

Ride with the wind to the edge of the ocean

Sail away to the end of the world

I've been to paradise, a world of ice

To the holy coasts of gold

The wind still carries my soul

#46 John

John

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10962 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:16 PM

Ah, remember the "Kean does a good presser" days.
It is amazing what can be achieved when no one cares who gets the credit.

#47 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:23 PM

Certainly adds even more weight (as if any more was needed) to the third party ownership, Scottish mafia, agency owned theories.

There must be someway of establishing if venkys are the genuine owners. If they are not, why are they prepared to put up with all the bad publicity - on behalf of somebody else.
VENKYS OUT

#48 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13910 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:37 PM

Funny to think there was a time when you could be banned for disagreeing with Nicko.
The artist formerly known as Topman

#49 Tardyrover

Tardyrover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

• ST Block: W11C

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:51 PM

There must be someway of establishing if venkys are the genuine owners. If they are not, why are they prepared to put up with all the bad publicity - on behalf of somebody else.

EXACTLY! for that reason alone, they've got to be the owners.

#50 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:59 PM

He said I needed to do better research...

The story of his career.

#51 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2628 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:08 PM

Not surprised Nixon doesn't post on here anymore, somebody could quite easily do a Tris-special and absolutely destroy his credibility by dragging up various farcical past posts.

I reckon that would be worth doing for a laugh anyway, there must be some great one's to dig up, who could forget such classics as the 50 million pound transfer budget?, priceless.

Edited by Clitherover, 27 May 2012 - 15:09 PM.

#52 FourLaneBlue

FourLaneBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7578 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:12 PM

Funny to think there was a time when you could be banned for disagreeing with Nicko.

Long-term quality members of this board were insulted and harassed if they so much as questioned nicko's point of view. Scotty, for example, has posted very little since those days, and his input is far more missed than that of the nicko and his ego. Don'

#53 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:14 PM

Just remember who feeds him his info (allegedly etc).

#54 K-Hod

K-Hod

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:16 PM

Just remember who feeds him his info (allegedly etc).

? (Genuinely)
Brian Clough

#55 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13910 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:19 PM

Long-term quality members of this board were insulted and harassed if they so much as questioned nicko's point of view. Scotty, for example, has posted very little since those days, and his input is far more missed than that of the nicko and his ego. Don'

Speaking from my own experience, I was banned for questioning Nicko's credibility and incurred a ton of abuse from the Nickoteens. The mods thought it more expedient to ban me instead of those actually giving the abuse. Since Nicko was such a valuable commodity and all. :rolleyes:
The artist formerly known as Topman

#56 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 15:58 PM

? (Genuinely)

Exactly. When it comes to life with the Loons, nicko is pretty darned impressively right and has been since July 2010....

Unfortunately.

Only when the Loons have gone particularly loony on transfers has he gone spectacularly adrift.

#57 K-Hod

K-Hod

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:00 PM

Exactly. When it comes to life with the Loons, nicko is pretty darned impressively right and has been since July 2010....

Unfortunately.

Only when the Loons have gone particularly loony on transfers has he gone spectacularly adrift.

I was just meaning who has allegedly been feeding Nicko his info, in response to Matty's post.
Brian Clough

#58 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:01 PM

He who must not be named

#59 K-Hod

K-Hod

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:03 PM

Evidently.
Brian Clough

#60 Salgado Is A Hero

Salgado Is A Hero

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 16:59 PM

Maybe Venky's didn't realise they would get any bad publicity. It is more than just stating the obvious by saying they don't have any clue about football.....I mean didn't they buy Bruno Ribeiro to increase their profile in South America haha. So they were just sold the idea of owning a glamorous Premier League team in which nothing could possibly go wrong with you-know-who advising them and didn't expect any bad publicity to come their way.

Obviously we know what happened next but now maybe there is no way back and they are stuck with us for the time being. If it's true that their major shareholders are unhappy and they are receiving negative publicity in India then you would think that alone would be enough to make them be hastily looking to sell.

When did Nicko stop posting on here? And what were the purpose of his posts? To offer like snippets of information or post his own views about matters?

Edited by Salgado Is A Hero, 27 May 2012 - 17:02 PM.

He called me a rapist and a recluse. I'm not a recluse - Mike Tyson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.