BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Out of Contract Players

I note that tehre are a few lists of out of contract players doing the rounds, anyone fancy any of them.

the ones that sprang to mind are:

Carlos Cueller

Andy Johnson

Ledley King

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Owen

Jose Bosingwa

Saloman Kalou

Ivan Klasnic

Emile Heskey

Keith Andrews

Ryan Nelsen

Tomas Kuszcak

Danny Murphy

Personally for teh league we're about to find oursleves in we'd be wise to look at a couple of the older players. I'd take Heskey as I think he could do a job in that league, wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a premier league Rovers.

Also Cueller as he can play full back or centre half and isn't a bad player at all.

I'm sure the majority would have a number of clubs to choose from but maybe we could look at a low basic with a very generous promotion bonus.

now I no we're unlikely to sign any of them under Venkys but its an interesting topic.

Anyone heard of anyone else now without a club, maybe some of the european players.

Full prem list here:

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/premier-league-released-list.pdf

Ivan Klasnic

Zat Knight

James McFadden

Bjorn Helge Riise

Peter Lovenkrands

Zak Whitbread

Akos Buzsaky

Danny Gabbidon

Clint Hill

Peter Ramage

Joe Mattock

Somen Tchoyi

Nicky Shorey

Hendry Thomas

Steve Gohouri

Ricardo Fuller

I wouldn't groan at any of them. Sadly even the likes of Guthrie and Scharner amongst others I feel are out of reach.

Craigman - I assume that would waive our right to compensation.

All back to the owners and managers though I guess.

We could under astute and prudent owners sell Yak, Martin Olsson, Dann, Robinson, Vukcevic, Formica, Nzonzi and let Hoilett go as well as Salgado/Goulon/Knowles/Aley/Grella. Then still end up with a side that is potentially capable of promotion without spending much if anything:

Bunn

Orr Hanley Givet Shorey

Petrovic Thomas

Tchoyi Dunn Pedersen

Klasnic

Subs: Kean, Lowe, Rochina, Whitbread, Henley, Goodwillie, Fuller.

With a few loans, a few youngsters, maybe even one or two more from the existing squad ie Formica, Robinson, Simon and a few more freebies and cheap deals, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a new manager, we could quite feasibly challenge straight away whilst making a profit if the owners weren't imbeciles and/or dead set on preventing us...

Cuellar is a really good player altho could definitely see him being snapped up by a Prem side. Would take Ricardo Gardner, Klasnic, Steinsson, Guthrie, Aaron Wilbraham from Norwich has looked alrite when I've seen him, Buszaky, Salif Diao, Hendry Thomas and Ricardo Fuller. McFadden is a great player on his day but has injury problems and don't think we should sign anyone like that. Not sure if Danny Murphy, Scharner or Tchoyi would drop down a division. We should definitely try and sign Lewis McGugan from Notts Forrest and Leigertwood from Reading.

As for players in Europe. Extremely unrealistic that anyone that decent would want to play in the Championship but Vicente was a great player and he went to Brighton. Maybe an old player who always fancied playing in England but don't think they would be able to handle the rigours of the Premier League anymore eg Nesta, Seedorf or Del Piero haha. I'm obviously joking.

Very, very, very unrealistic yes but we can all dream - Van Bommel, Gattuso, Walter Samuel, Crespo, Raul haha, Inzgahi, Zambrotta and Cordoba, among others.

With varying degrees of realism - Olof Mellberg, Hitzlsperger, remember Amr Zaki scoring a few goals for Wigan, Vicente, Ibor Gabilondo is a really good player, as is Nathaniel Clyne, Mehmet Aurelio, Andreas Hinkel, Glenn Loovens, Evander Sno, Bernard Mendy, Arne Friedrich, Sone Aluko, Sebastian Abreu.

Not that I actually expect we sign anyone good or anyone at all for that matter but with new owners, especially richer ones then you never know. False hope can be better than no hope.

I note that tehre are a few lists of out of contract players doing the rounds, anyone fancy any of them.

Carlos Cueller

Andy Johnson

Ledley King

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Owen

Jose Bosingwa

Saloman Kalou

Ivan Klasnic

Emile Heskey

Keith Andrews

Ryan Nelsen

Tomas Kuszcak

Danny Murphy

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Hargreaves had signed a 2-year deal with Holby City! ;)

Seriously though, I wonder how many of the above would want to come and be "managed" by Coco? Wouldn't they all see it as far too big a step down? Certainly, I couldn't see either of our two Old Boys wanting to come back.

All back to the owners and managers though I guess.

We could under astute and prudent owners sell Yak, Martin Olsson, Dann, Robinson, Vukcevic, Formica, Nzonzi and let Hoilett go as well as Salgado/Goulon/Knowles/Aley/Grella. Then still end up with a side that is potentially capable of promotion without spending much if anything:

Bunn

Orr Hanley Givet Shorey

Petrovic Thomas

Tchoyi Dunn Pedersen

Klasnic

Subs: Kean, Lowe, Rochina, Whitbread, Henley, Goodwillie, Fuller.

With a few loans, a few youngsters, maybe even one or two more from the existing squad ie Formica, Robinson, Simon and a few more freebies and cheap deals, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a new manager, we could quite feasibly challenge straight away whilst making a profit if the owners weren't imbeciles and/or dead set on preventing us...

ORR , wouldn't be anywhere near Ewood park if I had my way ..

One we have missed....Vicente Grella,out of contract I believe -saw him play a few years ago. Cannot be blamed for Blackburn being relegated.

Expect him to have the 'Nelsen' syndrome so might appear with a lower Premier League side soon and get a fat signing on fee.

Starting to sound like thenogord , must snap out of it.

Carlos Cueller

Andy Johnson

Ledley King

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Owen

Jose Bosingwa

Saloman Kalou

Ivan Klasnic

Emile Heskey

Keith Andrews

Ryan Nelsen

Tomas Kuszcak

Danny Murphy

Personally for teh league we're about to find oursleves in we'd be wise to look at a couple of the older players. I'd take Heskey as I think he could do a job in that league, wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a premier league Rovers.

Also Cueller as he can play full back or centre half and isn't a bad player at all.

I'm sure the majority would have a number of clubs to choose from but maybe we could look at a low basic with a very generous promotion bonus.

now I no we're unlikely to sign any of them under Venkys but its an interesting topic.

Anyone heard of anyone else now without a club, maybe some of the european players.

Full prem list here:

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/premier-league-released-list.pdf

Your right, non of them would play under the VenKean minimum wage. We'll Have Orr,Fatso and aloads of kids come August.

The following players would be feasible to drop down a division as well as improving our team in the Championship, given that we somehow manage to get a working regime in place...

Emile Heskey - Striker

Miguel Salgado - Right back/Possible central midfielder/Inspiration

Paul Robinson - Left back

Andrew Johnson - Striker

James McFadden - Right winger/Attacking central midfielder

Peter Lovenkrands - Left winger/Striker

Zak Whitbread - Central defender

Ricardo Fuller - Striker/Right winger

Danny Gabbidon - Central defender

Ryan Nelsen - Central defender/Inspiration/Future coach

Paul Scharner - Central midfielder

Somen Tchoyi - Left winger

Joe Mattock - Left back

We won't be signing anyone on premier league wages, we couldn't afford them when we were in the prem, so can't see us affording them now.

Cuellers off to Wigwam. Heskeys signing or Leicester. Schaner, Tchoyi and Andrews will all re-sign with WBA once the new manager is confirmed.

PNE released most of their first team squad, it's more likely we'll be looking at them.

Archived