BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit it gave me some pleasure seeing him suffer. I don't want many football fans to suffer poor ownership but Whites grovelling snivilling interview with that weasel Anderson makes him not one of the many.

It's a vote by the other 11 SPL clubs, isn't it? So they'll likely put their own interest first and vote to KEEP Rangers in the league. The gate receipts they'd lose from away fixtures with the Rangers following is significant (we are led to believe although it could be propaganda).

Football fans can be a fickle bunch too so I wouldn't want to gamble on definitely having that as a reason.

Interesting that a rule breach such as this is put to a vote in the SPL these days. Is this a recent innovation brought in now or has this always been the rule? I seem to recall Gretna Green suffering relegation to the third division before going bust. Doesn't seem right to have separate rules?.

I bet Luton Town would have liked a vote by members of the Championship. They would probably have been booted out anyway but it would have been nice to get the chance.

It couldn't happen any better as far as I am concerned. Why as tax payers should we be expected to accept 9 pence in the pound. HMRC have done the right thing.

I hope the SFA send them down to division 3.

It couldn't happen any better as far as I am concerned. Why as tax payers should we be expected to accept 9 pence in the pound. HMRC have done the right thing.

I hope the SFA send them down to division 3.

I said a couple of months ago, it the right move to relegate them to the lowest professional tier in Scotland. It shows the authorities have some credibility, gives some of the other SPL clubs a chance to shine, and spreads some of the wealth across the lower Scottish leagues as Rangers visit. There's little doubt that they would be back in 3 years time either. Would feel a bit sorry for some of their fans, as it's the fans that always suffer, but I'm sure they would eventually see it as a positive once they got back to the SPL.

Congratulations to the Inland Revenue on clamping down on a clear case of tax evasion. Pity it was Rangers and not the other lot.

Now can the IR pursue with equal vigour all those wealthy individuals and companies who have been avoiding taxes for years and bring them to book ?

Philip Green and Barclays Bank will do for starters.

Is this the test case for the rest of football.

Figures of somewhere between £150m to £250m are being banded about in unpaid taxes from this Scottish club with the directors and owners past and present being hunted down for the cash and the Scottish governing body SFA being implicated in all of this.

If so, this is going to be one of the biggest scandal to come out of British football.

Is this the test case for the rest of football.

Figures of somewhere between £150m to £250m are being banded about in unpaid taxes from this Scottish club with the directors and owners past and present being hunted down for the cash and the Scottish governing body SFA being implicated in all of this.

If so, this is going to be one of the biggest scandal to come out of British football.

Scotish football

It's a vote by the other 11 SPL clubs, isn't it? So they'll likely put their own interest first and vote to KEEP Rangers in the league. The gate receipts they'd lose from away fixtures with the Rangers following is significant (we are led to believe although it could be propaganda).

Football fans can be a fickle bunch too so I wouldn't want to gamble on definitely having that as a reason.

Interesting that a rule breach such as this is put to a vote in the SPL these days. Is this a recent innovation brought in now or has this always been the rule? I seem to recall Gretna Green suffering relegation to the third division before going bust. Doesn't seem right to have separate rules?.

I bet Luton Town would have liked a vote by members of the Championship. They would probably have been booted out anyway but it would have been nice to get the chance.

Mostly celtic and Rangers are the ones who qualify for the european competitions. so no Rangers, would leave a possible place for another club. So you never know how they could vote (other clubs)

Mostly celtic and Rangers are the ones who qualify for the european competitions. so no Rangers, would leave a possible place for another club. So you never know how they could vote (other clubs)

I don't think any of the Div 1 clubs will take anywhere near as many away fans as Rangers or Celtic.

Celtic fans are loving their demise and are of the impression they don't need them.

However, as davlur says, Sky won't pay anything like the same for rights an Old Firm free SPL, and Celtic only fill their gorund for OF matches.

• Backroom

Celtic fans are being way too hasty for me

A supervillain is lost without their nemesis as seen in Megamind, same goes for a biggish fish in a puddle!

Sadly, unless the authorities get a grip on footballers wages a lot more of this is going to be seen.Football and the associated agent,player greed is totally ruining the competitive game,the supporter of the smaller club irrespective of how well its run are the most hard done by as they are geared for empty trophy cabinets

As in F1 racing the grid has been set with the present table positions at the end of last season,pretty much how the premier league is going to look from now on.The new fair play rules simply entrench the top clubs where they are.

From 4th place down all the clubs are cannon fodder existing only to feed the voracious appetite of the Man U`s and Sky television.We were lucky in that our name is on that league title cup, and I`m pretty sure we were the last of the fairytale winners.

This talk of super leagues is a load of crap.It basically will come across as an international fixture that the players and agents can make a shed load more money from.

the Scottish game is a perfect example,Rangers showed all the greed that is present in the top echelon of the prem league, the problem though was the limited amount of competitive clubs to feed their coffers.Their gates are double ours ,virtually every year they played champions league football plus they also have the Sky money and yet they couldn`t pay the bills,all because of greed.

The only way to save football and to truly allow all fans to dare to dream is to introduce wage caps,and some sort of draft system that is far more transparent.All earnings should be channelled into a communal pot and shared evenly between clubs.

Imagine how great it would be to have at least a dozen clubs competing evenly for the title every year,it truly would bring the passion and absolute joy back to the game and at the same time all round financial stability.

I hope Rangers are shafted.

Nobody cares about the plight of Rovers, so why should I feel sympathy for any other club?

Maybe if you did for them, they would care more for Rovers?

Archived