BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

Yes, a country with triple the population hosting a home games, who would have though it possible :rolleyes: ...and yet in total medal count we are only 9 behind...go back to slagging of your own countrymen/women. :wacko:

'Only 9 behind'

......Only? Ok.

I know the Aussies don't get into much of the track and field stuff but I thought you guys could swim and cycle a bit.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I though the Farah race was the best track performance by a British athlete since the glory days of Coe and Ovett. Briton followed home by a white American with the leading African nations well beaten in the 10,000m is unusual to say the least. Ennis is a darling.

You don't see a connection with Mo Farah and Africa then Jim? :rolleyes:

I wonder how good we would be if we weren't so football-centric in this country. You've only got to look at Spain in the medal table to see the sacrifices you have to make to be the worlds greatest football team. Is it worth it?

This could well end up a day of silver medals.

Ben Ainslie is going well in the Finn class medal race. Really interesting stuff, I've never watched sailing properly before.

Didn't think I'd ever say this about a guy that sails boats for a living, but Ben Ainslie is a warrior. That was an exceptional performance.

Team GB now on 15 golds and 33 overall.

What a wonderful day for British sport. 14 golds now and it would be a shock if we don't improve on our mark from Beijing.

Need to watch the Russians, they'll start to climb the medal table in the next few days. If we could finish above them and claim third it would be truly remarkable.

Yea the Russians are pretty good at athletics aren't they. I know they're good at women's high jump and pole vault, maybe Men's as well and you see quite a few of them in athletics. Yelena Isinbayeva (sp?) is an amazing pole vaulter.

Great Britain 14 Australia 1

:lol:

I could look at that all day.

Let's hope Murray sees this through to the end for another gold.......was out all yesterday and missed Ennis, Farah and the long jumper whose name I always forget so will watch it online later.

Murray now 2 sets and a break up. I've not been this nervous watching sport in a long time. Praying he can hold the next game and go on to close it out. God knows he deserves it.

I've gotta admit, I've shed a tear there. So so so happy for him. He deserves this and so much more. Incredible achievement, beating world number 1 and 2 in consecutive matches.

I hope people will now give him the credit he deserves as a genuinely world class tennis player.

Get in there Murray!!

Good Silver and Bronze in the Gymnastics, Louis Smith very unlucky not to get gold - both got 16.066 but the other fella had a higher difficulty so got the gold.

This Olympics has (as a patriot) left me fooked

Totally agree, it's been magnificent. Will really miss it when it's all over. Football won't come close to filling the void.

I'm the same, I really enjoy the olympics anyway but this one especially.....and I love when we win a gold or indeed any medal. Don't understand why people don't watch it but each to their own I guess......the men's 100m final tonight is always amazing to watch, although my favourite event at the Olympics is always 4x100m Men's relay.

No British guys through in the 100m.....not that we were going to get a medal anyway.

Not that I think it matters, but Mo Farah didn't sing the national anthem either so I wonder if he will get slagged off as well......as I can't see a reason why he shouldn't if the Welsh players did.

It's already our third best-ever tally in terms of Golds. Four more to get to second. by beating the Beijing haul.

The only better display, in 1908, was in London when we supplied over a third of all the athletes.

This could be the greatest Olympics ever for this country.

Do you want to phone Jim ?

He's ridiculous he isn't even technically good just insanely fast

Imagine if one time he got off to a good start!

If he gets a half decent start he gives up with 15m to go.

Imagine what he would do if he got a good start AND ran the whole 100 too!

Archived