BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

People say that about Bolt, but he went flat out tonight. The start was due to him not want to false start - after that he went all out.

The 200m will be spectacular. Both Bolt and Blake have run quicker than Michael Johnson's 19.32, which for a long time was thought to be unbeatable.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Lord Coe said in his opening speech theres an honesty and a truth to competing in the Olympics which are words that none of us can apply to the English football game anymore.

How refreshing this Olympics has been for us all.

Gatlin getting bronze instead of Gay in the 100m sticks in the throat, a double cheat should not be running here. Great defence of her title by Onorougu (sp?) but we had no one in the 100m final and will have no representation in the 1500m final .... successors to Coe, Cram, Ovett, Elliott etc where are you ? A great fightback from 3-0 down by the men's hockey team and overall another brilliant day for Team GB. Looking forward to more success tomorrow.

... a double cheat should not be running here. Great defence of her title by Onorougu (sp?) ...

I'm not a fan of hers. She missed *three* out-of-competition drugs tests and somehow got away with it. As the commentator pointed out, she only ever runs under 50 seconds in major finals - she seldom competes during the normal season, isn't spectacular when she does, but she's one of the fastest in the world when it comes to the big events.

I'm not a fan of hers. She missed *three* out-of-competition drugs tests and somehow got away with it. As the commentator pointed out, she only ever runs under 50 seconds in major finals - she seldom competes during the normal season, isn't spectacular when she does, but she's one of the fastest in the world when it comes to the big events.

Always delivers on the big occasion .... I like her.

You can't really use the population thing as an excuse - lets face it, you should have far more than just 1 gold.

Miserable gold tally for Australia.

A bag full of silvers just doesn't seem to taste as good.

But what I can say say is that no-one here in Aus, on TV or otherwise (apart from the gentle good natured ribbing) has begrudged the Poms what has been a fantastic games. Home advantage is always a big one, but team GB have gone above and beyond. Tell you what, That Jessica Ennis ! Where did you dig her up from ? Thats what I'm talkin ' bout !!!. Its been a brilliant Olympics, and the only reason why I need it to be over is so I can get some sleep.

The Brits in the rowing and cycling in particular have been phenomenal. And after the hiccup of the first few days, the crowds came good too.

The real bitter pill to swallow for Aus is being below the Kiwis on the medal table.... *cough*. Hopefully that will come good by the last day, otherwise we'll never hear the end of it.

As for the Aussies and whats gone wrong there - well the media here is all over Generation Y's attitude and Aussies worst games in the pool since Montreal 76, and how the kiddies care more about partying, facebook and twitter than about hard graft. A generation who have always gotten everything they want and have been told that they are winners, without ever learning how to lose.

Oh - and the Chinese seem to have taken up all the sports we used to win at, and bought all our trainers and coaches - and they are better than us at them now.. I guess thats the way of the world.

Ennis is unbelievable and was injured in Beijing......I can't believe Australia have that many silvers and yet 1 gold.......I have no idea why we're so good at cycling, we pretty much dominate in the velodrome and have Wiggins, Cavendish, Froome etc as well.....the missing seats in the crowds were mainly corporate people not showing up,I believe, not the general public.....and the women's beach volleyball has always been packed haha.......yea I think China's emergence has affected you greatly....they'll probably do it to us before long......there is a major battle for first going on between them and the Americans in gold medal and overall medal count.

As for the Aussies and whats gone wrong there - well the media here is all over Generation Y's attitude and Aussies worst games in the pool since Montreal 76, and how the kiddies care more about partying, facebook and twitter than about hard graft. A generation who have always gotten everything they want and have been told that they are winners, without ever learning how to lose.

Oh - and the Chinese seem to have taken up all the sports we used to win at, and bought all our trainers and coaches - and they are better than us at them now.. I guess thats the way of the world.

Indeed. It's not just in sport that the hunger and desire of that nation has pushed it to the front.

As for Generation Y's attitude, I'm sure it's the same all over the western world.

BBC News' review of Bolt was great, "Bolt started with all the nimbleness of a wardrobe".

His overdrive gear never ceases to amaze does it? World class sprinters just seem to go backwards when he pours on the power in the last 50m.

Miserable gold tally for Australia. A bag full of silvers just doesn't seem to taste as good.,

That Jessica Ennis ! Where did you dig her up from ?

It gets worse for you ; as I write Australia has fewer golds (1) than Yorkshire (4) !!

Some folk have been very quiet since this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19131595

Ennis was injured in Beijing. I agree she's a real sweetie.

Miserable gold tally for Australia.

A bag full of silvers just doesn't seem to taste as good.

But what I can say say is that no-one here in Aus, on TV or otherwise (apart from the gentle good natured ribbing) has begrudged the Poms what has been a fantastic games. Home advantage is always a big one, but team GB have gone above and beyond. Tell you what, That Jessica Ennis ! Where did you dig her up from ? Thats what I'm talkin ' bout !!!. Its been a brilliant Olympics, and the only reason why I need it to be over is so I can get some sleep.

The Brits in the rowing and cycling in particular have been phenomenal. And after the hiccup of the first few days, the crowds came good too.

The real bitter pill to swallow for Aus is being below the Kiwis on the medal table.... *cough*. Hopefully that will come good by the last day, otherwise we'll never hear the end of it.

I also heard that a lot of the worlds top swimmers are now based in Aus, being trained by Aussie coaches.

Don't worry , I'm pretty sure a lot of the GB team are all set for retirement in the next few weeks.

Feel really sorry for Holly, her season has really tailed off.

It's her response that'll make or break her from here, she's only very young and inexperienced at this point. Can see her getting a new coach though, as she seemed very upset at her current guy, she was extremely distracted.

Archived