BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw - Appointed Managing Director

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 4 am, it's been a stinker of a night so far and most people have called for their taxis home, but Venky's have finally admitted their ventriloquism act and free chicken dippers weren't enough to keep people involved. Handing the karaoke mic to this fella is positive. Well, a little, but too late?

Wise to be careful how I write this.

Amazing!. Ridiculous appointment. Totally unsuitable candidate. I am flabbergasted by this news.

Of all the world-wide candidates available for this position we have recruited Derek Shaw. I am totally shocked.

Awarded the Stadium Managers title when PNE had a proper Chairman in Bryan Gray from Baxi, basically to manage his role and input, whilst providing him with some credence and credibility within the clubs structure, due to the shares he held and his loans and shirt sponsorships to the club pre-Baxi.

For those that do not know him, wait till he is interviewed on television or radio. We are stumbling from one disaster to another and the quality of people those in charge of the club are recruiting is equally as suprising as it is depressing.

(Please dont use that word again) RIDICULOUS APPOINMENT AND NO GOOD WILL COME OF THIS.

Cant imagine a bloke with his football background will be comfortable with kean as manager, he will see the aggro targeted at kean and the raos on matchdays and wonder

what he has let himself in for. Everybody will say he is just in it for the money but things could get pretty uncomfortable with his title. All depending on early results obviously.

Cant imagine a bloke with his football background will be comfortable with kean as manager, he will see the aggro targeted at kean and the raos on matchdays and wonder

what he has let himself in for. Everybody will say he is just in it for the money but things could get pretty uncomfortable with his title. All depending on early results obviously.

I would not worry about any of that Beatrix. He is a Venky, Kean, Agnew stooge, guaranteed....and will force feed us bola bola along with the rest of them. Things got worse, not better with this appointment. Time will tell.

What a shame. We had some of the best people in football at Ewood Park and we're replacing them with the likes of Shaw and Agnew.

Absolutely criminal way to run a club. Venky's have a long way to go, to get this club back up and running at anywhere near the level it was at prior to their demolition job. Wonder what Williams and Finn think?

Shaw was seen as an incompetent buffoon by the nobenders. I can hear them in hysterics from here.

As den says, we had the best administrators in the game, look at the smalltime club we now are.

Exactly MB. Your description is bob on. That is exactly how I would describe him if asked and it is laughable he has been given the job.

This appointment of Shaw is a complete scandal. Regarded as a complete idiot in PNE circles. An Agnew promotion no doubt. I can hear my neighbours laughing aloud from within my four walls.

All we need to complete the full set is Ridsdale

Shaw was good IMO, he's a footballing nut that had too much ambition on someone else's money...Mr Hemmings. That strategy left us open to what actually happened to us.

He's likely to find out Keano, but if his passion for Preston is still intacked after being forced to sell his shares for pennies, then he'd probably back him to another relegation. If he's hurt too much by Hemmings and the Deepdale faithful, then he may put in all his efforts to Blackbum just to spite us.

Oh it's going to be interesting.

Shaw was good IMO, he's a footballing nut that had too much ambition on someone else's money...Mr Hemmings. That strategy left us open to what actually happened to us.

He's likely to find out Keano, but if his passion for Preston is still intacked after being forced to sell his shares for pennies, then he'd probably back him to another relegation. If he's hurt too much by Hemmings and the Deepdale faithful, then he may put in all his efforts to Blackbum just to spite us.

Oh it's going to be interesting.

He was never any good. Bumbling idiot. He was just wealthy and supported PNE with loans and shirt sponsorships when they were badly needed. It goes back much further than Trevor Hemmings recent purchase. Shaw was involved at PNE when Baxi were in charge, with Bryan Gray as Chairman and Tony Scholes as Finance Director. Supplied with various titles at the time in deference to his shareholdings and shirt sponsorships, including Stadium Manager and Ticket Office Manager, in order for him to feel / sound relatively important, whilst minimalising totally the input he could ever have in more strategic areas. He was also charged with the development of the Lancashire Lynx League rugby experiment played on Sundays at Weepdale, another meaningless poisened chalice no-one else wanted, which attracted less than 500 fans most matches and destroyed the pitch for football. :wacko:

I thought this news was a bad joke when first reading, which demonstrates just how poor a decision this actually is. He is not going to find out Kean, most knew he was carp 18 months ago, he is simply going to defend the owners and their patsy to the hilt.

If the news had said he had been made MD of a 2nd hand car showroom i would have said he was the perfect appointment. Pile em high, buy cheap, tart em up, flog em on. In much the same way as he made his money, selling racking and shelving to shops. Its laughable he is here, simple as that.

Quote frm Granada News.....

Mrs Anuradha Desai, of Rovers owners Venky’s, said: “We have every confidence in Derek and believe he can play a major role in bringing about a positive change for the club.

“We are keen to build up a good image for BRFC among the fans, media and general populace and we feel sure that Derek and Paul can work in close cooperation to achieve this. It is a new start, a new era and we are very excited.

What a laugh.

Archived