BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kean and BRFC are in the deepest of the proverbial on this one !

My only concern, as flagged by an earlier poster, is that the poor supporters may well end-up footing Kean's bill which is likely to be extremely high.

Much as I despise Kean and all he stands for, this seems like a frivolous case (assuming it's actually about the video). Kean got drunk again and called his former boss a crook. So what? All it proves it that Kean is an odious little turd, but we already knew that. If John Terry can say what he said to Anton Ferdinand in front of an audience of millions, and get away with it, there's no chance of Kean getting punished, and no way a court should waste any time on it.

Kean was asked, why did venkys sack Sam. Kean stated, according to this video, because he is a f crook.

Kean would have to prove that was the reason venkys sacked him. As dumb as Venkys are, I cannot see them supporting Keans claims, as it would cost them.

Therefore it will come back onto Kean. Kean saying Sam was sacked for being a crook. I cannot see how Kean can prove this reason for Kean's sacking, without venky support.

Sadly there is one thing in Kean's favour. The video itself may not be admissible evidence. But if that is allowed as evidence. Then Kean has a lot to answer for.

One way that video can be permitted as evidence, is if the person who took it, those who witnessed the conversation came forward as witnesses. I hope that is the case and this is why there has been this delay - finding the witnesses.

I would be surprised if the person who took the video is willing to stand up in court as a witness because he / she sat on it for months over fears of reprisals before reluctantly making it public on this site. Doesn't strike me as someone who would like to be grilled by a barrister in a courtroom.

Sorry to rain on this parade, but isn't this giving Kean a ready-made excuse?

"with this court case hanging over us, It's been difficult to get the results we need to put us into the position we ought to be, we're top 6 definately and the owners know the direction we're going "

He always has excuses lined up anyway so it's irrelevant...if he couldn't use that it would just be something else.

"We lost because of the whole court case thing"

"Which one is that Steve? The one about Allardyce or your drink driving one"

I should have been a journalist.....I would distract Agnew, make him give a live press conference and destroy him......any positives far outweigh the negatives with this.....it's not so much giving our club a bad name either as people know we hate Kean/Venky's.

I would be surprised if the person who took the video is willing to stand up in court as a witness because he / she sat on it for months over fears of reprisals before reluctantly making it public on this site. Doesn't strike me as someone who would like to be grilled by a barrister in a courtroom.

Those fears are easily addressed, especially now lawyers are involved. It is not just the one who took the video who should come forward. But those who were there at the time. The video would be used to support their evidence - the video on its own could be ruled inadmissible. Then Kean walks away scot free.

I think Kean and BRFC are in the deepest of the proverbial on this one !

My only concern, as flagged by an earlier poster, is that the poor supporters may well end-up footing Kean's bill which is likely to be extremely high.

Not if venkys do not support Kean in this. They can say it was his opinon, not ours. They will not back him on this, as it will cost them.

Two different things here Gav, the inference was that Sam was crooked at Rovers and hence the sacking, the legal guys will have done their homework here in light of previous stuff, they have taken quite a bit of time in assessing this and will be very confident of a winning case!

He's done this sort of thing before Kelbo, will be interesting to see if he follows things though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5378842.stm

I'd be amazed if anyone who had been in the game as long as Allardyce didn't have some skeletons, the game is corrupt from top to bottom. Plus Kean will have Anderson on his side so if Sam does have anything dodgy at all he's keeping back, I'd bet an agent like Anderson would know about it. What happened to that spurned agent who was tweeting a while ago about Allardyce/Gartside shenanigans?

Think the onus would be on Kean and the club to prove that Sam is a "crook" and was terminated because of this.

If not then they are ######.

Also consider the Kean and/or Venkys allegedly signed a contract with Sam at the time of his separation, including a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). So it is possible that Kean has placed Venkys in breach of contract with Sam for which he may be entitled to his contract damages which sometimes includes liquidated damages (i.e. if you violate the NDA, you owe X amount of money).

And it may also be possible that Venkys stated the reason for Sam's separation in the agreement. I've seen agreements filled with positive, flowery language as the basis of termination (such as, hypothetically, that while its has the greatest respect for Sam's competence, character and integrity, Venkys' simply wants to move BRFC in a different direction). If that is the case, Kean may be in an unenviable situation of proving Venkys liars in an effort to prove Sam is a "crook", which would obviously be counter-productive from Kean's perspective. This is pure hypothetical which I only point out as there are documents out there which Sam and Venkys are privy to but which we know nothing about which could support one side vs. the other.

He's done this sort of thing before Kelbo, will be interesting to see if he follows things though

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/5378842.stm

Two other huge differences (the first being the alleged agreement) between the Kean case and the Panorama allegations. One, in the Panorama case Sam only threatened to file suit. Here, Sam has actually filed suit (per the report), so he has moved from talk to action. The ante has been upped.

Next, is the lack of involvement of Sam's son in the Kean case. It is concievable that Sam did not sue the BBC in an effort to minimize the damage to his son's reputation and/or ability to obtain future employment in football. In other words, perhaps Sam did not fear the direct consequences associated with suing the BBC but instead feared the potential collaterol damage. Again, this is pure speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

find it interesting that the comments section at the bottom of the daily mail website on their article of the story reads 'sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons'. Sounds very familiar to whats happened in the past when accusations have been banded about, a certain agents doings possibly....?!

Two different things here Gav, the inference was that Sam was crooked at Rovers and hence the sacking, the legal guys will have done their homework here in light of previous stuff, they have taken quite a bit of time in assessing this and will be very confident of a winning case!

He didn't say anything about him being crooked at Rovers - merely he's an effing crook. He has an existing reputation, limelight in the Panorama programme and a history of not taking legal action to the courtroom. I'd imagine if he wasn't whiter than white that he is simply trying to call Kean's bluff. If Kean and co. know something the outside world don't then I'm sure Sam won't actually be pushing for a day out at court.

I don't care who wins as I don't like either of them.

I don't care who wins as I don't like either of them.

It's a tough one alright. On the one hand you've got a guy who saved us from relegation and had us sitting quite comfortably in mid table in the Premier League before he was mysteriously sacked. On the other we have his replacement, a persistent liar, a man responsible for our relegation and the destruction of our club, whose results record is utterly pitiful, who has completely divided the fan base, turned away thousands of once extremely loyal fans, someone who has the authority to surround himself with idiots at boardroom level and who clearly possesses all the managerial ability of a geriatric goldfish.

• Backroom

He didn't say anything about him being crooked at Rovers - merely he's an effing crook.

Admittedly I don't have the video to hand but did it not go something like

"Why did big Sam get sacked?"

"because he's a f-cking crook"

Whilst admittedly you could suggest there's no inference there to Sam's activities at Rovers... think there's also a strong case to suggest there is. Particularly as Kean uses the present tense of 'is' rather than 'was'.

Teflons 'proud' record to date :

1. Banned for drink driving.. 'fans' spiked his drink.?

2. Openly goads our away fans at Wigan and arrogantly belittles all season.

3. His disastrous tenure as manager ultimately culminates in relegation from Premierleague with possibly THE worst win ratio ever seen as manager of B.R.F.C.

4. While seemingly half cut,filmed allegedly calling previous manager a 'crook'.

5. Ex-manager now bringing legal charges against Teflon and B.R.F.C.possibly through High Court with all the negative media attention it will bring.

What next folks,how low can we go?

I have never been so f'kin embarrassed to be a fan of this club while this muppet parades as our 'manager'...the good name and reputation of Rovers is being dragged through the mud backwards.I have NEVER experienced a carry on like this before but yet the clueless Rao's expect us to support the team with this cretin still on the touchline?

It's utterly shameful....GET OUT KEAN! :angry:

3. His disastrous tenure as manager ultimately culminates in relegation from Premierleague with possibly THE worst win ratio ever seen as manager of B.R.F.C.

4. While seemingly half cut,filmed alledgedly calling previous manager a 'crook'.

5. Ex-manager now bringing legal charges against Teflon and B.R.F.C. through high court with all the negative media attention it will bring.

I have never been so f'kin embarrassed to be a fan of this club while this muppet parades as our 'manager'...the good name and reputation of Rovers is being dragged through the mud backwards.I have NEVER experienced a carry on like this before.The clueless Rao's expect us to support the team with this cretin still on the touchline?

It's utterly shameful. :angry:

Don't forget his customs exploits as well ha ha!

4. While seemingly half cut,filmed allegedly calling previous manager a 'crook'.

5. Ex-manager now bringing legal charges against Teflon and B.R.F.C.possibly through High Court with all the negative media attention it will bring.

I have never been so f'kin embarrassed to be a fan of this club while this muppet parades as our 'manager'...the good name and reputation of Rovers is being dragged through the mud backwards.I have NEVER experienced a carry on like this before but yet the clueless Rao's expect us to support the team with this cretin still on the touchline?

It's utterly shameful....GET OUT KEAN! :angry:

+1

Archived