Photo
- - - - -

Why did cryer back off?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
48 replies to this topic

#41 Hasta

Hasta

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4420 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't get the stick the LT gets. It's primary job is to report news - not to voice an opinion.

The only time they can do that is in the comments section and in Cryer's personal articles which, to be fair, have often been critical of the regime.
"He drinks, he drives, he tells a pack of lies. Stevie Kean. Stevie Kean"

#42 FourLaneBlue

FourLaneBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7578 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

I think the LET stuck their neck in a way that is unprecedented. I certainly don't remember them ever having a front page telling the manager to walk.

It was ignored, they were ignored, not much point in them flogging a dead horse.

They need Rovers more than they need them.

#43 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13576 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

I think the LET stuck their neck in a way that is unprecedented. I certainly don't remember them ever having a front page telling the manager to walk.

It was ignored, they were ignored, not much point in them flogging a dead horse.

They need Rovers more than they need them.

Can't help but consider what Peter White would have done in this situation. I doubt he would have rolled over. However, back in the Pre- Premier League days, the LT readership were a lot more important to the owners and their choice of manager than under Venkys.

It would have been an interesting dynamic though White v Kean. Somehow I doubt Kean would have won and I reckon we'd have had a lot bigger numbers on the marches.

In some ways then LT's coverage has contributed to dividing the fans by constantly printing Kean's BS or a trying to "remain neutral" ie take the club's side.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#44 yoda

yoda

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6133 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Can't help but consider what Peter White would have done in this situation. I doubt he would have rolled over. However, back in the Pre- Premier League days, the LT readership were a lot more important to the owners and their choice of manager than under Venkys.

It would have been an interesting dynamic though White v Kean. Somehow I doubt Kean would have won and I reckon we'd have had a lot bigger numbers on the marches.

In some ways then LT's coverage has contributed to dividing the fans by constantly printing Kean's BS or a trying to "remain neutral" ie take the club's side.

The power of money, endemic in football

And one day, when the full story of Steve Kean's managerial reign and the agent Jerome Anderson's involvement at Ewood Park is told, as it must be, Blackburn supporters will be owed many an apology,
http://www.tripadvis...nd.html#REVIEWS

R.I.P                 Ruined In Pune

#45 Hasta

Hasta

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4420 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 13:17 PM

If Singh really is Rovers' PR guru with a flash title we can probably already guess what he will say. I hope the LT are covering the event so it can be impartially documented and publish to the wider fan base.

So when they are 'netural' they take the clubs side but when they are 'impartial' they don't.

:blink:
"He drinks, he drives, he tells a pack of lies. Stevie Kean. Stevie Kean"

#46 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13576 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 14:34 PM

So when they are 'netural' they take the clubs side but when they are 'impartial' they don't.

:blink:

One was behaviour from last season the other is a hope as to how they will behave next Saturday.

Provided the right questions are asked and answered, the LT shouldn't be able to favour the club.

Also Singh is - allegedly - not a club employee and it is at a non-Rovers venue.

We'll see.

#47 jim mk2

jim mk2

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 23:26 PM

Why waste money on an expensive and scandalously thin paper when it's free online???

.... because ultimately the paper will close and so will the online version and alot of people will lose their jobs.

What's the difference between yoghurt and Australians ? At least yoghurt starts with a little culture.

#48 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13576 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

.... because ultimately the paper will close and so will the online version and alot of people will lose their jobs.

In fairness a lot of online media use advertising to generate revenue, and once the paper readership dwindles they will simply change the model to a pay site - like The Times.

Although your argument holds well for music and movie downloads - which would eventually kill off the music and movie industry.

#49 Salgado Is A Hero

Salgado Is A Hero

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

In fairness a lot of online media use advertising to generate revenue, and once the paper readership dwindles they will simply change the model to a pay site - like The Times.

Although your argument holds well for music and movie downloads - which would eventually kill off the music and movie industry.

There are strong arguments for both sides but it's just capitalism and the world we live in....you have to go with the times....look at Kodak, a major company that went bust as it's technology became obsolete.....you have to adapt, it's just the way it is........unfortunate, especially when it causes job losses but what can you do.
He called me a rapist and a recluse. I'm not a recluse - Mike Tyson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.