BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mac OS Tiger 10.4.11

Most of my programs will no longer update, Firefox, Flash Etc.

Should have done this a couple of years ago, think I'm three OS's behind.

Can it be done?, how do I go about it? If so I don't wish to use the official route, costa lotta £££££.

Mac Book,

2GHz Intel DC, Ram: 1GB DDR2, Storage Total Capacity : 298.1 GB (not original that went south two years ago)

Is that Intel Core Duo? If so, I think you'll be able to go as far as 10.5 or 10.6 (Leopard / Snow Leopard). There's no real difference between the two when you have one of those older CPUs.

You should probably get another 1GB of RAM, though - it'll be really slow otherwise.

I've got a disc image for 10.5 that you could try out, to see if it works. It's 7.5GB, though, not sure how I would get it to you unless you fancy sending me a USB drive (you can install it off one of those, I think).

• 2 weeks later...

He failed to come up with the goods.

Found this but can I go from 2gb to 4gb it says "Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=MacBook%202.0GHz%20Intel%20Core%20Duo%20%2813-inch%20Black%29&pl=Apple&cat=RAM

Archived