4 replies to this topic

#1 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 18:59 PM

Most of my programs will no longer update, Firefox, Flash Etc.
Should have done this a couple of years ago, think I'm three OS's behind.
Can it be done?, how do I go about it? If so I don't wish to use the official route, costa lotta £££££.

Mac Book,
2GHz Intel DC, Ram: 1GB DDR2, Storage Total Capacity : 298.1 GB (not original that went south two years ago)
" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

#2 M-K

M-K

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 21:51 PM

Is that Intel Core Duo? If so, I think you'll be able to go as far as 10.5 or 10.6 (Leopard / Snow Leopard). There's no real difference between the two when you have one of those older CPUs.

You should probably get another 1GB of RAM, though - it'll be really slow otherwise.

I've got a disc image for 10.5 that you could try out, to see if it works. It's 7.5GB, though, not sure how I would get it to you unless you fancy sending me a USB drive (you can install it off one of those, I think).

#3 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Waiting on a friend of a friend for more info, will get back to you.

#4 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 23:42 PM

He failed to come up with the goods.
Found this but can I go from 2gb to 4gb it says "Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*
*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

http://www.crucial.c...l=Apple&cat=RAM

#5 M-K

M-K

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

It probably wouldn't boot up if you install too much RAM. 2 x 1GB must be the maximum the motherboard will support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.