BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] england

They're a law unto themselves.

If they get banned from international football, I could see that making attitudes worse if anything.

The fact that there is no ethnic immigration into places like Serbia doesn't help, and frankly nor is there likely to be. Change has to come from within and there is no stimulus for it.

so it's just going to be the same old kean all the time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why not just ban countries who chant racist crap from playing in tournaments and fine them properly? Clarke Carlisle in that vid makes the point that racism fines are about 16k but a breach of sponsorship leads to 100k fines! Where's the common sense in that? Why is money more important than tackling racism.

I'm amazed at just how calm Danny Rose was during that incident.

Joe hart - best in the world?

Not even close, great shot stopper, below average at everything else

He parries it out into the danger zone far too often for my liking.....and he's just like Reina in that you can always sense that a mistake is just around the corner.

But he's young and will go on to become one of the best in all likelihood....maybe even the best.

I watched the first half. It's just like watching Rovers at present, can't keep the ball, no width, defenders just bang it long when they're on the ball and can't defend off it. No cover for the centre backs. Milner on one wing and Cleverly on the other ? Hodgson's having a laugh there ! As for Carrick ? I'm not sure he get into our team at the mpment.

IMO Rooney hasn't progressed as a footballer in the slightest since he burst onto the scene.....

Gotta love how the media were up Rooney's ass once he put the mighty San Marino to the sword.

Of course he'll beat Bobby Charlton's record when international football is padded out with these third-rate teams.

Too bad he always goes missing against anyone remotely half-decent.

'Overrated' doesn't begin to cover it.

Gotta love how the media were up Rooney's ass once he put the mighty San Marino to the sword.

Of course he'll beat Bobby Charlton's record when international football is padded out with these third-rate teams.

Too bad he always goes missing against anyone remotely half-decent.

'Overrated' doesn't begin to cover it.

I'd have a wager he won't beat Charlton's record. I can't see him having a prolonged career and quite frankly, he isn't a good enough goal scorer to not only finish what comes his way for England, but to create enough chances either. He's a born midfielder in my eyes .Despite a few good seasons in front of goal at Utd, i don't see the ruthlessness of a true center forward. People talk about him leading the line for England and playing off the shoulder of the last man etc... Well that all seems like bobbins to me. He lacks the instinct of a Lineker, Rush (Welsh i know) or Shearer. For me Rooney could be, in time, our next Paul Scholes. But IMO he'll never lead the line well enough for England.

Players need to start walking off the pitch when stuff like this happens

Non-violent, occupies the moral highground and will get sympathetic coverage around the world that UEFA and FIFA would not be able to ignore

No they shouldn't. It's not nice but it's blown out of proportion. I feel our players are becoming a little precious over this stuff and the more they object the more it will happen. Players whether black, brown, white or whatever should man up and stand proud of their heritage and their skills and use any insult as motivation to stuff the opposing team and ram any insults right down their throats.

It is completely illogical to expect our standards and values to be adopted around the world.

No they shouldn't. It's not nice but it's blown out of proportion. I feel our players are becoming a little precious over this stuff and the more they object the more it will happen. Players whether black, brown, white or whatever should man up and stand proud of their heritage and their skills and use any insult as motivation to stuff the opposing team and ram any insults right down their throats.

It is completely illogical to expect our standards and values to be adopted around the world.

Spot on. It's wrong and admin/police/governing bodies should keep trying to sort it out but the players should keep on playing. It's not as if there are no racists thugs in England, we were captained by one until a couple of weeks ago.

Gordon the dinosaur strikes again. This is 2012, not the 1960s, and by anyone standards the behaviour of racist elements in the crowd in Serbia and eastern Europe in general is no longer acceptable. You are very sensitive about your hair colour and vertical deficiencies so I'm sure you know how the black players feel.

I'd have a wager he won't beat Charlton's record. I can't see him having a prolonged career and quite frankly, he isn't a good enough goal scorer to not only finish what comes his way for England, but to create enough chances either. He's a born midfielder in my eyes .Despite a few good seasons in front of goal at Utd, i don't see the ruthlessness of a true center forward. People talk about him leading the line for England and playing off the shoulder of the last man etc... Well that all seems like bobbins to me. He lacks the instinct of a Lineker, Rush (Welsh i know) or Shearer. For me Rooney could be, in time, our next Paul Scholes. But IMO he'll never lead the line well enough for England.

He's doesn't have good enough awareness to be a central midfielder. I read an blog from a Utd fan about this. Saying their poor form came when he was playing in centre mid and there is a reason he still plays up front and Scholes in midfield even though they have plenty of strikers

Rooney is a modern versatile striker with no set position and not a traditional leader of the line like Shearer. Those sort of players are an anachronism these days and successful teams tend not to have them. To suggest Rooney will not have a prolonged career is plain daft - he made his Everton debut at 16 so he's been playing at the top level for 10 years already. I'm certain he will beat Charlton's record and he deserves too. He's a very good footballer and United and England are lucky to have him.

Gordon the dinosaur strikes again. This is 2012, not the 1960s

I think you've missed his point. 2012 in the UK is not the same as 2012 in Eastern Europe.

Just look at some parts of the Middle East, it's 2012 there too but they have the morality and laws we had in the middle ages.

I think what theno's point was that morality isn't decided in in this country and it's nothing but arrogance to assume our morality is the benchmark everyone else in the world lives up to.

I think you've missed his point. 2012 in the UK is not the same as 2012 in Eastern Europe.

Just look at some parts of the Middle East, it's 2012 there too but they have the morality and laws we had in the middle ages.

I think what theno's point was that morality isn't decided in in this country and it's nothing but arrogance to assume our morality is the benchmark everyone else in the world lives up to.

Objecting to fans making monkey gestures and noises at black players is not arrogance - it's basic human decency.

Archived