BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

We usually have a thread every season where we talk about other teams in the division and the league news as it unfolds over the course of the season. I haven't seen a thread up this year about the nPower Championship so I thought I would start one considering that the season is about to start.

So to start the topic off:

Who are your tips for Promotion? Which teams do you see battling for survival?

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the lot from down the road seem to think thry have strengthened in the right areas defence midfield, although they have lost their main strikers. Expect a lot of low scoring games and draws. 18th

Think Leeds, Leicester will be automatic spots with the usual contenders for playoffs.

Think it could go either way for Bolton. Good start maybe play offs or bad start mid bottom half.

I wouldnt want to predict our fortunes and I am going to say no more on that for the threads sake.

Bolton, Wolves, Cardiff to go up I think.

Good shouts. I think Bolton will definitely go up, Coyle has the experience of getting a side promoted from this division. Wolves should be a force though Solbakken has changed a lot at the club since he has come in, just wondering how they will react to change? If they lose Fletcher that will be a big blow as well. I think Blackpool have a good chance of automatic promotion as well.

It's such a competitive league, you could easily see around 10 teams fighting for promotion.

Keep you eye out for Wednesday. Need to buy a few more players but michail antonio, bought from reading, is a quality player in the making. As a Wednesday fan I think we will come mid table. Cardiff and wolves for auto, Bolton and Leicester play offs.

Not sure about rovers, could go either way, you have the big names but do you have the morale/fight to get going following last season. Time will tell. Cant see u below the top 10 but you need a good start away at Ipswich.

Good luck!

Keep an eye on Forest. they have bought well and have a decent manager in place.

I actually think we might have a good go at it. We should really have one of the strongest squads in the league and surely even Kean can't cock it up that badly..... oh wait...... scrub that. mid table at best for us then :(

Come on guys, those saying we will finish near the bottom etc are being slightly over dramatic. We certainly won't go up IMO with Kean in charge but even that numpty couldn't fail to get us in the top half with our squad. Robbo, Givet, Etuhu and Murphy are probably the best players in their positions in the division.

Wolves have a lot of unrest at the moment - Jarvis and Fletcher, their two best players will leave before the window is out so I can see Bolton, Cardiff and hopefully us going up. Kean going permitting of course.

Come on guys, those saying we will finish near the bottom etc are being slightly over dramatic. We certainly won't go up IMO with Kean in charge but even that numpty couldn't fail to get us in the top half with our squad. Robbo, Givet, Etuhu and Murphy are probably the best players in their positions in the division.

Wolves have a lot of unrest at the moment - Jarvis and Fletcher, their two best players will leave before the window is out so I can see Bolton, Cardiff and hopefully us going up. Kean going permitting of course.

I think most feel we will be in the botttom half, but prob not in the bottom 4/5. At least not all of the season.

I think most feel we will be in the botttom half, but prob not in the bottom 4/5. At least not all of the season.

I agree with this, expecting us to drop like a stone when relegation odds become more favourable. Can see us losing twice to Bolton again as the stable owner tells Jockey 2 to pull up against jockey 1. Think Bolton will be a good bet for the play offs expect Cardiff , Leicester, Leeds, Blackpool to be there or there about's. Possible dark horses Sheff W and Brighton

I think we found out last time we got relegated how hard Championship/Division 1 can be. That first game last time vs Port Vale was a shocker and it took most of that season to recover and do anything decent after Souey came in. Since then I think that the league has got even harder and I dont think we have the leadership skills to be any good.

Archived