BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Been back through a few pages and couldn't find one - if I'm being thick, could one of the mods please merge.

Anyway - "interesting" question for one of our more experienced posters, perhaps arbitro, to kick off the thread.

I notice that in the City v Southampton match, both the Saints keeper and the referee are wearing black. It's probably a very old rule but I didn't think this was allowed? Shouldn't the red or away keeper have used a change strip?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having seen today's two matches, that is one huge gulf between teams expected to struggle and what Rovers are today.

Very very worrying.

I was thinking the same watching Wigan. After the shock start they played quite well. Rovers are lacking so much pace comparing to Wigan for example. If not already relegated we would go down this season. Actually we can go down this season.

We were incredibly lucky to have that many poor teams with us last season......I knew we were going down from the final whistle of Wolves away the season before but it's football and you never know so I would watch bits of Bolton, QPR, Wigan and Wolves and they would be almost as bad as us.....if we had stayed up last season, the Yak and Hoilett would be gone and we would be relegated by early March.

Seeing a Sam Allardyce-team that isn't Rovers being obtilerated will always bring a smile to my face. I'll admit it's not the most noble source of pleasure, but it works every time.

I'm sure it's mutual, I've no doubt whatsoever that Big Sam will have a grin from ear to ear whenever Rovers get beaten. No doubt us getting relegated would have had him rolling around the floor laughing too. Who could blame him?

I'm sure it's mutual, I've no doubt whatsoever that Big Sam will have a grin from ear to ear whenever Rovers get beaten. No doubt us getting relegated would have had him rolling around the floor laughing too. Who could blame him?

I doubt he gives us a second thought to be honest. He's said he doesn't care. He got his payoff.

Funny hearing West Ham fans calling for him to be sacked after losing one game in Prem though

I doubt he gives us a second thought to be honest. He's said he doesn't care. He got his payoff.

Funny hearing West Ham fans calling for him to be sacked after losing one game in Prem though

That was always going to happen. West Ham fans tolerates him last season because he fad them on the promotion trail ("means to an end" and all that).

What can they hope for in the current PL? 10th? 9th? Either would be a massive success - especially in the first season back. Just staying in the division would be a first season achievement. I doubt that will be good enough for the 'ammers though - and whilst 'ammer 'arry remains out of work they'll have the Newcastle-Shearer situation simmering away.

Remember when John Williams decided Ince would be a better bet than Laudrup?

:(

Early days yet though Tom. It's still pretty much Rodgers team, and style of play. The interesting thing will be when they need to adapt and bring players in.

Early days yet though Tom. It's still pretty much Rodgers team, and style of play. The interesting thing will be when they need to adapt and bring players in.

Who himself inherited the team and style of play from Martinez.......Laudrup's Getafe side played some really nice football in the 2/3 times I watched them, I presume in the others as well......Allen and Caulker are big losses but if their new signings continue playing well then I think they will come mid-table.....Michu was really good last season in La Liga and looks to have continued his form.......they have one of the best keepers in the league, real pace in the side and no real weak links in their team.

Considering Michu is a laudrup signing and he is by at their star man already tells me laudrup will do just fine.

They got a slice of luck with the first two goals yesterday being handed to them on a plate by west ham, but I would imagine laudrup will be able to carry on the good work there.

Credit to the chairman there who continues to keep finding managers that carry on the work installed in the team by Roberts Martinez years ago.

Archived