Also contract lasts until end of next season

TSF claims Fulham are viewed as a poisoned chalice

as there are expected to be huge cuts there this season

STILL CHEAPER THAN ORR N BEST

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Taarabt is definitely good enough to make a difference, I reckon he was hung out to dry by Redknapp, he absolutely bossed it in the Championship a few years ago, and he was on loan at AC Milan (I know they weren't what they were but still) last season for Christ's sake!

someone said that they could see Big Sam managing Leicester next season.

that's why I asked why would you sack Pearson

It was me that said I could see him at Sunderland or Leicester. Personally, knowing that you've got a bit of a plonker in charge at the minute, and that Sam may be available for nothing in a couple of weeks, I'd be sounding him out for the job and dispensing with the plonker currently in charge if he's interested. With £100m+ at stake each season you'd be foolish not to at least ask.

Taarabt is definitely good enough to make a difference, I reckon he was hung out to dry by Redknapp, he absolutely bossed it in the Championship a few years ago, and he was on loan at AC Milan (I know they weren't what they were but still) last season for Christ's sake!

There will be a reason why Spurs binned off such a prodigious talent off to QPR in the first place. Like Hoillet it'll be between his ears I'd wager.

It was me that said I could see him at Sunderland or Leicester. Personally, knowing that you've got a bit of a plonker in charge at the minute, and that Sam may be available for nothing in a couple of weeks, I'd be sounding him out for the job and dispensing with the plonker currently in charge if he's interested. With £100m+ at stake each season you'd be foolish not to at least ask.

The Sunderland job I could see him taking.

But Leicester I dont see. They stand by Pearson. Done a great job there IMO

Juventus dumped real out of the CL final. Is there ever a nation that produces teams capable of gritting out results against the odds more than Italy? If there is I don't know who it is. Given the amount of lead's that we have thrown away over the last couple of seasons maybe Gary Bowyer should be recruiting an Italian defensive coach plus an Italian centre half or centre midfielder as next years captain.

tbh he has won the biggest club competition.

My biggest gripe with the popular opinion as spun in the press and media is that imo he is a good solid club pro... but he certainly is not a world class footballing superstar that they all trump him up to be..

Threats to his family in Liverpool made by well known hoodlums wasn't it? What would you have done jock?

What a load of tripe. Your getting worse. Of course he was world class for two to three years at the very least. Don't listen to me, just take King Kenny's or Souness'es word for it, or do they know jack sh*t as well? Why did Ferguson and Mourinho want him so much? Both clueless?

Gerrard leaves Liverpool having won the Champions League, Uefa Cup, two FA Cups and three League Cups. He was man of the match in the 2005 Champions League final victory against AC Milan. He scored in CL Cup finals, FA Cup finals, League Cup finals and I think also the Eufa Cup. A bit like Shearer, could have played for any team in World football and would have a medal collection as long as his arm but for staying with Liverpool. One of the very best players in the PL for the last 15 years. Top, top, player, could have played in about 5 positions for Liverpool and still been first choice.

Your bias affects your balance.

If Abramovich ever gets fed up with Chelsea I doubt they'd last long, His holding company has now lent the club over £1billion. It's interest free but if it's called in they have 18 months to pay.

I doubt that this will ever happen. The club gives him a worldwide presence, therefore an insurance policy against potential grief in Russia if he were to upset certain parties there.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/story/2448564/abramovich-loan-to-chelsea-company-tops-one-billion-pounds

• Moderation Lead

If Abramovich ever gets fed up with Chelsea I doubt they'd last long, His holding company has now lent the club over £1billion. It's interest free but if it's called in they have 18 months to pay.

I doubt that this will ever happen. The club gives him a worldwide presence, therefore an insurance policy against potential grief in Russia if he were to upset certain parties there.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/chelsea/story/2448564/abramovich-loan-to-chelsea-company-tops-one-billion-pounds

I think Abramovich will stay and leave the club to his kids eventually, I'm not sure he'd be so welcome in Russia again.....

What a load of tripe. Your getting worse. Of course he was world class for two to three years at the very least. Don't listen to me, just take King Kenny's or Souness'es word for it, or do they know jack sh*t as well? Why did Ferguson and Mourinho want him so much? Both clueless?

Gerrard leaves Liverpool having won the Champions League, Uefa Cup, two FA Cups and three League Cups. He was man of the match in the 2005 Champions League final victory against AC Milan. He scored in CL Cup finals, FA Cup finals, League Cup finals and I think also the Eufa Cup. A bit like Shearer, could have played for any team in World football and would have a medal collection as long as his arm but for staying with Liverpool. One of the very best players in the PL for the last 15 years. Top, top, player, could have played in about 5 positions for Liverpool and still been first choice.

Have to agree. Top drawer.

Archived