BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guardian article on Kean - unbelievable!

Great response by Glenn on the site. It hasn't been removed (yet).

Interestingly, despite many posts being removed, every single one that remains is still "anti" the article - which makes me think that not a single person (even braddock !) has yet posted anything supporting the author. Which I suppose is a good thing, because it is clear that public reaction to the article is unanimous in that the view of most is that it is obviously a weak piece of paid-for Venkys PR.

Agree totally with CrazyIvan - what part of "the fans are the only reason why a club exists" do they not get ?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet I found a number of points in the article very interesting,such as the number of season tickets down to 7000,corporate sponsors down from 250 to 8, the Princes Trust distancing themselves from the club etc.

It's possible none of the pieces of this kind of info were accurate, but for them to appear for the first time in an article that also contained the kind of writing that has sent so many fans ballistic has been a strange experience.

The problem is the only "new" info in there was the 20,000 fans "quote" (and by wrapping it in "or words to that effect" makes me think that's made up). The number of STs sold has been confirmed in a number of places now and I believe the Prince's Trust thing to be a fallacy, as we told last year it was ONLY a one year deal and we've been told more recently that should neither of the potential commercial deals come off, we'd be be having a local charity on the shirt, not a national one.

Latest comment on the article.

60x60.pngUseAName

20 August 2012 7:41AM

I feel I should just cut to the chase:

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.

I got to thinking about the timing of the Guardian article.

Its released immediately after the first game of the Season where Rovers get an away draw which in the bigger picture is not a bad result.

It comes after a relatively quiet Summer (no real protests etc etc) and with Kean being so quiet the only real flash point was Shebby at the open forum.

So why does a major UK Daily choose to so soon into the Season get on Keans side and lay into the Rovers fans? or is it a pre-emptive strike to deflect from what happens next?

Its released immediately after the first game of the Season where Rovers get an away draw which in the bigger picture is not a bad result.

It comes after a relatively quiet Summer (no real protests etc etc) and with Kean being so quiet the only real flash point was Shebby at the open forum.

So why does a major UK Daily choose to so soon into the Season get on Keans side and lay into the Rovers fans? or is it a pre-emptive strike to deflect from what happens next?

I maybe wrong. But it looks like the article has been rewritten. I do not recall reading about rovers NOT having the run of the game, which is opposite to what kean said.

PhilipL spotted the article has had a slight rewrite overnight.

I'm a Guardian reader, but this is the worst article on the Rovers for a long time.

For some reason I can't post on the site, but would encourage others to do so. I would also that BRAG contact him to put the fans' side of things.

http://www.guardian....end-of-comments

Putting aside the comments about the fans. He hasn't given venkys an easy ride either - which is good. Venkys do know what they are doing, they are deliberatly screwing up a football club.

I'm a Guardian reader, but this is the worst article on the Rovers for a long time.

For some reason I can't post on the site, but would encourage others to do so. I would also that BRAG contact him to put the fans' side of things.

http://www.guardian....end-of-comments

Just sent a complaint to the guardian

Who on earth did the research for the rubbish you published about the Venkys ownership of Blackburn Rovers. Before they took over Blackburn Rovers were a stable mid table premiership club with a backroom staff the envy of the league. We are now a laughing stock and no one for sure knows who all the directors and shadow directors are. That is a question that the football authorities have asked the club officially and as yet have received no reply. I would suggest that instead of taking a supplied sound bite piece of editorial from the club one of your reporters actually does some research into Blackburn Rovers and finds out the truth about who actually owns and runs the club.

best regards

I wait for a reply

I have written to the Guardian pointing out that they refuse to publish fans complaints about the Venky's regime as "unsubstantiated" yet have published this piece.

I have also formally submitted a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission against BOTH versions of the article. The PCC has acknowledged receipt of my complaint.

I would suggest you complain against the words equating us to Portsmouth and Rangers when we were run by the Trust and the words saying much pre-season good work was undone by Shebby Singh.

Pre-season good work- defeats to Accy Stanley and Rochdale!!!!

Reading some of the comments from other club supporters , seems Team Kean might have scored an own goal with this one.

Also some of the responses are well written and get some very good points across. Be interesting if Jeremy Alexander has the balls to reply.

Archived