BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

This Tim Sherwood talk worries me. How many of you would actually want him as a replacement?

Not for me anyway..again if true its the cheap option...need to be looking at the likes of Curbs if/when Coco gets the bullet!! Surely someone in Blackburn has a link to Sherwood, find out of he has been approached!?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kean will be gone more quickly than anyone anticipates.

Firstly, Shebby would be clearing his desk, if Kean was staying, either voluntarily or otherwise.

Secondly, love him or loathe him, Nicko, I think, has gone out on a limb on this one and is adamant that he's right.

Thirdly, all the other circumstantial - no official statement unless I've missed it, some of the so called 'leaks' coming out of Ewood, hardening of odds on Kean being next Championship Manager to go (now down to 2/1), Sherwood's supposed contact with a local estate agent.

I think the clowns in Pune are being told, not only by Shebby, how much damage all this is doing to our club and will realise that a resolution is needed, and fast.

I'll stick my head on the block and forecast gone by Saturday if not tomorrow.

I would take Sherwood over Kean, don't get me wrong. However, is he really the solution to the long term problem?

A lot of people would take on Sherwood simply to see the back of Kean. However to me, if Sherwood is appointed it smells of another Paul Ince all over again.

We need t get rid of Kean, however the replacement has to be adequate to not only get us promoted, but also keep us up in the PL. I don't think Sherwood is capable of both.

I would take Sherwood over Kean, don't get me wrong. However, is he really the solution to the long term problem?

A lot of people would take on Sherwood simply to see the back of Kean. However to me, if Sherwood is appointed it smells of another Paul Ince all over again.

We need t get rid of Kean, however the replacement has to be adequate to not only get us promoted, but also keep us up in the PL. I don't think Sherwood is capable of both.

It would of course depend on his number 2 ;)

It's up in the air, as usual. The end of the Kean chapter, whenever it comes will not be a straightforward one.

As for Sherwood, I agree. I'd prefer more experience but it shouldn't be forgotten that we've spent a hell of a lot of money by Championship standards and still have some Premiership (certainly Championship+) quality players. Promotion is an absolute requirement with this squad and even the clown has been able to wing a decent start out of it as a result despite his best efforts.

I think Kean will be gone more quickly than anyone anticipates.

Firstly, Shebby would be clearing his desk, if Kean was staying, either voluntarily or otherwise.

Secondly, love him or loathe him, Nicko, I think, has gone out on a limb on this one and is adamant that he's right.

Thirdly, all the other circumstantial - no official statement unless I've missed it, some of the so called 'leaks' coming out of Ewood, hardening of odds on Kean being next Championship Manager to go (now down to 2/1), Sherwood's supposed contact with a local estate agent.

I think the clowns in Pune are being told, not only by Shebby, how much damage all this is doing to our club and will realise that a resolution is needed, and fast.

I'll stick my head on the block and forecast gone by Saturday if not tomorrow.

Well said. Here's hoping! :rover:

This Tim Sherwood talk worries me. How many of you would actually want him as a replacement?

I would take Tim Sherwood, definitely !

When he was playing he was the real leader on the field (Hendry lead the team out, but it was Sherwood who directed things on the pitch). He is an intelligent guy and must have learned a lot from Harford and Dalgliesh as well as recently with Redknapp.

I would give him a chance, we couldn't do any worse than we are now.

Ince is the big 'I am'. As a player he had the ability to impose himself on a game and he tries the same as a manager. It can impress, unify and boost the confidence of lower league players.

Remember how Sherwood could pick a pass that no one else could even spot. I think he's like that as a coach. He'll be all about bringing other players into the game and letting the team play.

Of course, there'll be big egos at Rovers that he may have issues with and it'll be a big learning curve for him but I reckon he's an excellent shout.

Plus I can see Redknapp in an absent DoF role - exciting times

I understand what you mean about experience but Ince came from MK Dons. Sherwood has been working with Harry for the past 4 years at Spurs.

I think he would need an experienced number 2 though.

Ince is the big 'I am'. As a player he had the ability to impose himself on a game and he tries the same as a manager. It can impress, unify and boost the confidence of lower league players.

Remember how Sherwood could pick a pass that no one else could even spot. I think he's like that as a coach. He'll be all about bringing other players into the game and letting the team play.

Of course, there'll be big egos at Rovers that he may have issues with and it'll be a big learning curve for him but I reckon he's an excellent shout.

Plus I can see Redknapp in an absent DoF role - exciting times

More chance of Kean handing in his resignation than Redknapp coming to Rovers.

Jordan Rhodes summed it up last night. THE PLAYERS ARE BEING AFFECTED BY ALL THIS.

If anyone from Venkys reads this board then your star striker that YOU PAID 8 MILLION QUID FOR said he is being affected by all this speculation.

Can I make a suggestion to the BRFC Action Group or the fans forum (basically someone that has the ear of Shebby) ?

I think a strong statement condemning the farcical situation is required because this is hurting the club, the fans, players, staff ...everyone connected to the club. We simply cannot carry on like this.

I agree 100% with your suggestion Rob.

Possibly the FF which supposedly has an "official voice" to the club directors (and Pune?) should make stong representations along those lines and as a matter of urgency too. It is absolutely no use people burying their heads in the sand and ignoring this crisis (yes; that is what it is) and just blindly turning up at the next home game "to support the team". THAT will be seen by the rest of the football world and especially the media as tacit acceptance of all that has happened in this last few days, and situation back to normal.

IF this happens, it will be a disaster in so far as our collective desires to see the back of Kean is concerned, and we really will be back at square one!!

On a one to one basis, Sherwood may not be everyone's cup of tea but one thing is for sure, he is very independently minded and will take shyte from no one.

He is also bright, intelligent and media savvy.

Add to that, that he could play and read the game like few others of his era or since.

With the right number 2, as Kelbo stated, I'd take a chance.

So what if he left Rovers on a 'bit of a downer' - let's move on, for feck's sake, our club is heading towards the rocks.

Think him and smoking Joe could prove formidable

Sorry to dash all hopes, but what did we expect?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19714258

That is the headline !!!

No one has said that and neither did Shebby if you listen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Sherwood would be a very good appointment for Rovers especially when you consider he would be replacing the current set of Scottish clowns its a no brainer.

Just hope he brings Joe Jordan with him as well.

Then we might slowly begin to see that much need improvement in the quality and standard of players that will then begin to join the club rather than the ex Fulham and Coventry no hopers that seem to have landed here.

That is the headline !!!

No one has said that and neither did Shebby if you listen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was about to say that.

Although looking at that article Shebby would appear to be more concerned that rumours about Kean were allowed to remain unchecked by the likes of Agnew and Shaw rather than the fact Steve Kean was still in charge.

I also read his comments about attendances as a straightforward warning that the Club will be in trouble if some of the stayaways do not return. Not a sly invite for even more fans to boycott games.

As for the prospect of Sherwood taking over, I'm not impressed. I've always had the impression he could start a fight in an empty room. There are many many better options available imo.

For those doubting sherwood and the fact he left rovers on a downer, you need to watch a re-run of a program on sky sports from a couple of years ago. Its name escapes me I am afraid, but was a series whereby 3 club legends discussed memories with their particular club for an hour. The rovers episode was sherwood, Hendry and flowers I think.

Basically sherwood said when he first signed, he saw the town of Blackburn, saw the pleasington training ground, and wondered what he had let himself in for. Said he quickly grew to love the town and club, was very sad to leave, and stated Kidd forced him out.

Worth a watch for those questioning sherwood's affection for rovers.

Shebby's interview this morning saying that Kean's future was never discussed is just rubbish.

Reading between the lines if I may (and I must say there is too much stuff on this thread to read it all) then yon mans done himself no favours with his actions this weekend at either end of the great Kean divide imo. Never mind claiming to have real authority, actions speak louder than words and unless he delivers pdq then he's just all wind and p1ss imo.

What a contrast all this crap is to the Walker era when the club's business was treated like state secrets and kept more watertight than a ducks arse until everything was signed. sealed and delivered.

Archived