BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby Q&A

Last week I did a Q&A with Ian Battersby.

The plan was to put it on my site earlier today.

Like most Rovers fans I spent most of the day following the latest developments re: Steve Kean.

It's nearly midnight and still no official announcments.

Here is the Ian Battersby Q&A anyway.

IAN BATTERSBY Q&A

Feel free to add your thoughts.

Seems to be a Kean and Agnew apologist in answers to questions 7 & 8

I would say less hysterical than most and he always appears very measured to me when i have heard him.I don't think apologist is fair when he is using words like shambles all over the place.Basically if he ain't got the answer then he ain't gonna guess and i have no problem with that in view of the amount of speculation running riot everywhere.Actually its a refreshing admission which also makes me warm to the fella.

.But i do agree that answer 10 is a bit worrying.

I would say less hysterical than most and he always appears very measured to me when i have heard him.I don't think apologist is fair when he is using words like shambles all over the place.Basically if he ain't got the answer then he ain't gonna guess and i have no problem with that in view of the amount of speculation running riot everywhere.Actually its a refreshing admission which also makes me warm to the fella.

.But i do agree that answer 10 is a bit worrying.

I did refer specifically to questions 7 & 8 when saying he sounded like an apologist for Kean and Agnew and nowhere in those answers does he use the word shambles but rather words like:

• we do not know the circumstances he was asked to work under
  • They may actually feel that they gave him no chance to succeed
  • Paul Agnew has paid an unfair price for being the Clubs PR guy at a time when it has been almost impossible.
  • He needs the support of those in authority and that has never been forthcoming at any level.
  • Steve Kean has become the anti Christ to a lot of fans and Paul Agnew has been collateral damage in that.

In various interviews I have heard him give on Radio he has also been quick to highlight that Rovers supporters have at times over-stepped the mark with the 'vitriolic' abuse of Kean. Personally, considering the role that Kean has played in the downfall of the Club I think he has got off lightly and I don't consider 'Kean-out' chants as vitriolic. This is a further reason why, to me, he comes across as a Kean apologist.

I did refer specifically to questions 7 & 8 when saying he sounded like an apologist for Kean and Agnew and nowhere in those answers does he use the word shambles but rather words like:

• we do not know the circumstances he was asked to work under
  • They may actually feel that they gave him no chance to succeed
  • Paul Agnew has paid an unfair price for being the Clubs PR guy at a time when it has been almost impossible.
  • He needs the support of those in authority and that has never been forthcoming at any level.
  • Steve Kean has become the anti Christ to a lot of fans and Paul Agnew has been collateral damage in that.

In various interviews I have heard him give on Radio he has also been quick to highlight that Rovers supporters have at times over-stepped the mark with the 'vitriolic' abuse of Kean. Personally, considering the role that Kean has played in the downfall of the Club I think he has got off lightly and I don't consider 'Kean-out' chants as vitriolic. This is a further reason why, to me, he comes across as a Kean apologist.

So of the 5 points you have listed what overwhelming evidence do you (or anybody-including Battersby) have to counteract what has been said in the article?

I think what he says above all else is that yes Kean is culpable but you have to look ultimately to Venkys as being the ones to blame because they called all the shots.

But i don't think its worth us falling out about-i think its just a sign of the ridiculous time we are in as fans and you get to a stage with these morons where you argue over what day it is!!

At least you and i agree - Keanhas to go and go now!!

Archived