BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

Alternatively, Desai was only retaining interest in Rovers due to her relationship with the Keans. With him gone perhaps she'll now take a back seat and allow the brothers and Shebby to get on with it. If they had their way Kean would be gone a long time ago, and they are clearly still interested in the club as £8m on Jordan Rhodes attests.

Hopefully we won't hear much more of Desai.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes for unfair dismissal, a counterclaim for the lies he told Venkys, ie: he discovered Jones, was there to help Fulham to Promotion, Hoillet wouldnt leave, defo wouldnt get relegated, the fans are all behind me apart from 1% etc etc - Shebby saw through that and reported to the owners, then theres the Glen Mullan letter outlining the past 12 months, the Allardyce Crook comments!! he would be a fool to persue a case!

All things implicitly endorsed by Venky's through his continued employment. They can't cry foul now it suits them.

Having read back through some of the theories I'm now inclined to agree that he has resigned and will issue proceedings for constructive dismissal in the near future. Maybe after a holiday in Portugal.

I also agree that idiots like Shaw and Agnew must be the next targets for removal. That said, we could be opening ourselves up to employing some true Venky's stooges at boardroom level. Not that I don't want these fools gone of course.

Interesting, maybe the owners wanted to see Vukcevic play? Or get him to drop murphy or Dann?

Not good that they were interfering

I'm a bit concerned that we're only going for Sherwood due to SS being a spurs fan

Phillip can you give any hints on Kean's departure? Is it true he got a lift down to London on the coach, but just got off in Surrey?

Haha - no honestly, he'd be a good choice. Great job at Hibs, Rangers and Scotland. Up and down time at Birmingham, but he did prove he can get a team promoted and they won a cup under him. The Villa situation was just too big for him.

He would get us up comfortably in my opinion.

rangers hahaha.. get lennon

I'm finding the stuff about Kean having his team selection interfered with hard to believe. We've all known for ages that Kean was not fully in the driving seat when it came to picking his first XI.

On the other hand, if Vuckevic does come back into the fold at the behest of the owners, one wonders why he was sidelined in the first place. We all suspected he was a victim of the obvious playing budgets so obvious to everyone last year. Maybe Kean just didn't like him.

I'm finding the stuff about Kean having his team selection interfered with hard to believe. We've all known for ages that Kean was not fully in the driving seat when it came to picking his first XI.

On the other hand, if Vuckevic does come back into the fold at the behest of the owners, one wonders why he was sidelined in the first place. We all suspected he was a victim of the obvious playing budgets so obvious to everyone last year. Maybe Kean just didn't like him.

My understanding is this, most managers look for player input regarding tactics and suggestions to change things at half time, Kean doesnt like that, its interesting, the top players ie. Salgado, Nelsen, Samba etc were all pushed out, seems Simon could be the same and after Kean saying Murphy injured and now playing, I think Murphy would have said something too!!

Archived