BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

His last Rovers Press Conference.

Even now, when he's no longer our manager, just seeing this pig of a man, licking his lips, smirking away and repeating the same scripted lines over and over makes my blood boil. It will take me some time to get over the fact that this snake was let through the door.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for clearing that up.

Had Murphy and Kean fallen out during the week? I noticed Murphy was down as having a non-injury and did a Lazarous come Saturday.

Did kean say murphy was injured. Then Murphy came out and say he wasn't. That is what I heard at the charlton match.

Saying that another rumour said to me, which gave me the horrors. Was the resignation was just a ploy to get folk to buy season tickets.

Thats completely bonkers and would then alienate the 12K who were preparded to put up with Kean along with the boycotters. It would be terminal

I did not believe it either. Still gave me the horrors.

• Backroom

Superb interview with Henry Winter.

Seems there was a noisy disagreement with Shebby on Friday afternoon at Brockhall. Robinson got involved making peace but Kean wanted war which meant that several players including MGP, Dunn and Murphy backed Robbo against Kean. The row continued on the team bus and Kean decided to get off at the services and was left.

Thankfully for all of us he was furious enough to call his resignation through to Sky Sports. He had to call his driver to come and get him and went to his lawyers to frame his statement.

This seems to be the version that is out and about.

This is not inconsistent with them getting the train at Stockport- they were all at Brockhall and had to be taken to Stockport and the motorway services was near enough for Kean's driver to be able to get to him. It would also be consistent with the players eventually hearing of the resignation over dinner; Kean wasn't there to tell them personally.

Jason Lowe said the players all shook Kean's hand after he told them he was resigning at dinner, so pretty sure he must have been there? Or Lowe is lying, but don't see why he would.

That tale is untrue I believe...He certainly didn't "call through his resignation through to Skysports"... :D Not how it works, the news broke from the press association via the statement through his lawyers..

Shaw found out about Kean's resignation from a member of the press. He told the press guy that he would have to check out that news and get back to him.

Shaw found out about Kean's resignation from a member of the press. He told the press guy that he would have to check out that news and get back to him.

Yeah i can corroborate this, The press association phoned me for reaction, shortly after the news broke, they told me that it wouldn't surprise me to know the club were unaware of the news as they had rung Derek Shaw for confirmation and Derek was travelling down to London and had told them "this is the first i have heard about this, can you get back to me later". The Lancashire Telegraph also rung within minutes of the news breaking and told me that the directors at the club where either "unaware", not picking up the telephone or just making 'no comment'.

This seems to support Philipl's version and indicate that Kean was not at the hotel himself on Friday:

Matt Slater@mattslaterbbc

Eric Black said he/club needed time 2 ponder next move, said Kean called him at 7pm on Fri 2 say he was off, told players at 7.03

Kinda late to the party but I still don't believe for one moment he actually resigned.

He didn't resign after relegation, he didn't resign after Crookgate. Why now?

I think Venky's hand was finally forced and agreed a golden handshake where he could leave with his "dignity" intact.

wow what a day ,Ive been on a training course down in Stone .When we introduced ourselves as from Blackburn the abuse we got over how numb nuts was treated was unbelievable. We put them right and I asked every one of them if they would swap him for their manager now the silence spoke volumes . So after a bit they all got the bird flipped and told thought not and they never mentioned it again.

Archived