BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's sell out v Wolves!

• Moderation Lead

The vast majority on here that have been vocal about boycotting under Kean are returning today by the sounds of things, but as we all know this site represents only a tiny minority of our fan base.

The word coming out of the club seems to indicate that we'll see around 3-4k more on the gate than against Boro and if true represents a good number coming back as far as I'm concerned.

We're starting to sound like those idiots down the M65 with the gate debate, but we'll see what transpires later today.

Yep, indeed. If we get close to 20k that will represent a good increase IMO, it largely depends on how many Wolves bring, I'd reckon circa 1-1.5k?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vast majority on here that have been vocal about boycotting under Kean are returning today by the sounds of things, but as we all know this site represents only a tiny minority of our fan base.

The word coming out of the club seems to indicate that we'll see around 3-4k more on the gate than against Boro and if true represents a good number coming back as far as I'm concerned.

We're starting to sound like those idiots down the M65 with the gate debate, but we'll see what transpires later today.

And if you believe what people say about the real number being 10k at boro game it would be a real increase of 6-7k...

And if you believe what people say about the real number being 10k at boro game it would be a real increase of 6-7k...

they are not going to lie about attendance, by saying there is more people there when there isnt would result in paying more tax and vat which would not make sence, if anything clubs would normally say there is less people on to gain extra money on not payin the tax.

They counted non attending ST holders in the gate figure.

standard practice. arsenal said the Emirates was a sell out the other night and it clearly wasn't full. Their season tickets include European games so they count them as present.

Sadly once football fans actually break their addiction or habit of going to games it is much harder to get them coming back. Look at the 60 cup final debacle and how many years it took for us to win back good gates. Even moderate second division success prior to Uncle Jack did not bring back that many. I am not expecting a big bump. Now the euphoria of Kean leaving has dwindled a bit how many will actually get off their bums and get back in the habit remains to be seen. I am hoping for a bumper turnout but feel I might be dissappointed

I would Imagine that the gate will be around 18-19k - which would be a good 5k up on the last home game with clown in charge.

Why the club didn't drop prices is beyond me.....would have guaranteed 20k plus.

Have you considered the possibility that clearly establishing that Kean was despised and the bulk of supporters were staying away because he was the manager would not be in the interests of PA and DS?

Just out of interest has anyone renewed their season ticket online ?

I bought match tickets for the Wolves game by travelling to Ewood last Saturday but have tried to renew my season ticket online. The system does not work, neither does the system to buy match tickets by choosing your seat. I could go through the process to buy a ticket but only with the option of having the seat nominated by the ticket office.

Not very conducive to helping fans to return!

Have you considered the possibility that clearly establishing that Kean was despised and the bulk of supporters were staying away because he was the manager would not be in the interests of PA and DS?

I agree totally, Kean was only a symptom of the illness, the prognosis is that major surgery is still required to ensure a full return to full health.

That said it's a start and here's hoping for an enjoyable afternoon at Ewood both on and off the field for a change

Just out of interest has anyone renewed their season ticket online ?

I bought match tickets for the Wolves game by travelling to Ewood last Saturday but have tried to renew my season ticket online. The system does not work, neither does the system to buy match tickets by choosing your seat. I could go through the process to buy a ticket but only with the option of having the seat nominated by the ticket office.

Not very conducive to helping fans to return!

It's a pain in the ass at times. I got 2 online on Fri from the choose your own seat but it took me 3 attempts to get on the tckt page. I suspect when demand is slightly up on usual the thing will crash very easily.

• Backroom

I said I believe Venky's decision not to sack Kean and instead wait for him to walk would cost them ST sales and I'm sure that's the case.

They had their chance to show people they could do the right thing and blew it.

Absolutely, Venkys have cost us dear - really up for today, pity players weren't. Woeful, Murphy on a two year contract, makes me weep. No passion, ideas, awful formation which has brought 180 minutes of football (sic), few chances, no goals. Wolves were poor, but still good enough to beat us.

It won't stay like that though if they appoint Black as manager. the committment of buying a season ticket has not yet been taken by most and those of us who did buy them are already wondering whether we did the right thing. They must see that a new broom is needed, not someone who sees the setup as the previous manager did. Black is not Kean but he has worked with the players as Kean did, and will be regarded as part of the status quo by players. We need a change; they need a change. If it doesn't happen soon crowds will start dropping off again.

Posted this in the Wolves, thread,but it really belongs here:

I really couldn't care less about the result yesterday, the day was more about people coming back to Ewood after the Kean debacle. It was great to see a decent crowd on, plenty of people had brought their kids, it was a good atmosphere, and has renewed my faith in the clubs support.

Good effort from all cencerned.

Archived