BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

In the title, in my opinion there is two options, experience or a club legend

Sherwood, shearer, Berg

Benitez, Curbishley, Souness, Hughes (must be on a knife edge)

I think it's important Venkys are calculated now. Maybe install a technical director with experience of the English game to work with shebby.. Ron Atkinson anyone? But seriously I'd look to Tony Parkes possibly in that role, then thrash out a manager.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's, if they have any brains, will go for an old favourite to appease us. They need to get somebody in who the fans will FULLY support. My money is on them chasing an old favourite first and foremost.

If it's going to be an old favourite then I want Sherwood.

Not interested in old favourites, Hendry was an old favourite and what has he brought ? I want somebody with a track record of getting teams promoted. Getting this appointment wrong will have very serious implications.

Souness ? You must have a very short memory, especially concerning the end of his time at Rovers. He was very close to being sacked before Newcastle came in and rescued us from a tricky decision.

You forget. Souey steered us through a bad patch, got us promoted (and followed up with a trophy).

This time around, promotion is all that's required.

I wasn't pleased when he left. I'd take him back in a heartbeat - even if we lost Dunny in the process...

You forget. Souey steered us through a bad patch, got us promoted (and followed up with a trophy).

I wasn't pleased when he left. I'd take him back in a heartbeat - even if we lost Dunny in the process...

He was great for quite a long while and i'll always be grateful for the success he brought but he'd definitely lost the plot at the end.

McCarthy, Robinson or Hill for me.

McCarthy, Robinson or Hill for me.

McCarthy would be a safe pair of hands. Hill is up and coming, he may fit the bill, I wouldn't be too upset if he came. I don't think the Ince comparison is appropriate. He worked wonders at Rochdale and appears to be doing well at Barnsley, his teams play possession football. Robinson is also up and coming but behind Hill in the pecking order for me. He's very highly rated within the game.

ole gunnar solskjaer.

very highly rated manager.

learned from the master

plays attractive football

firm, but fair, integrity in spades!

This could be a very exciting choice. And Im not just saying that because Im a norwegian myself. He is gonna be a Premier League-manager sooner or later.

Trouble is, the norwegian League is reaching its climax these days, in whats going to be a tight race between a number of clubs - Solskjærs Molde being one of them (He won the league last year - Moldes first in their history!).

Promotion, and then staying up is what is required.

Just my little message to Madame Desai, Belaji and Venkatesh. Please don't be worried about getting a "marquee signing" manager in. The majority of Rovers fans will back whichever slightly capable person you bring in at this stage. But just in my opnion, you don't need to trawl the European continent when the answer may be closer to hand: if you brought in a Tim Sherwood/Joe Jordan partnership we would be in dreamland. Sherwood may be untried as a manager, however he KNOWS the game (not merely pretends to know the game as someone.... no need to carry on - irrelevant now). He has been through the pressures of being the team tipped to win promotion. Plus in Joe Jordan there is someone who will get the players fit and playing in the right positions. Have I said enough?

Sorry but 'Arry or Holloway will/would not be interested... other than (in 'Arry's case) to get their names in the papers.

Curbishley is ideal really... available... experienced.... respected (mostly)

Give him the rest of the Season and after winning promotion.... :)

Anyone but Hendry

Anyone but Black. Or Flitcroft.

If we're thinking big Guardiola (hah!) or Dalglish/Redknapp + Berg/Sherwood

Or if we're forced to be slightly more pragmatic Di Canio, Robinson, Holloway, Grayson etc.

Whilst better than Kean, not in favour of the likes of McCarthy/Curbishley. Too long in tooth.

Archived