BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Even though the way he put is point across is hardly the best way to, I can see where SydneyRover is coming from after we spend 2 years moaning at Venky's for appointing such an inexperienced manager.....then he finally goes and we want another one.

Yes I'm aware how good of a player he was, but how is that really going to help us? I mean really.....there might be a buzz around the place but if results aren't coming then the mood all around the club would still suffer.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in England right now. He is watching Manchester United u21 - Southampton u21. Make of that what you will.

Have a meeting in Wilmslow tomorrow morning so might pop round the corner to see if he's at home !!!

SHEEEEEAAAARRRREEEERRRRRRRRR!

It is very unfair to use his 8 games, at the then crisis-hit, shambolic Newcastle United as a stick to beat him with.

I always felt Big Sam was the ideal manager for Rovers. Furthermore, I consider the initial seeds/battlelines of recent discontent between our own supporters were sown when half wanted Sam, half set-up a Facebook group against him; we got Ince.

Basically I want to enjoy Rovers again!

I am not usually one for self-important, capitalised, "I am right you are wrong" posts. But....

ALAN SHEARER'S BLUE 'N' WHITE ARMY :tu::rover:

If that doesn't exite you; you're dead inside!

It's the Goal Machine FFS! The man who personifies our peak during Jack's-era.

After the last two fun-free years, I will love it if Shearer (with the right backroom staff; better add that caveat) gets the gig.

Well said. Good to see a Rovers post with some heart for once.

on another note and regarding shearer, does he have his badges.? has he ever done anything besides the 8 game disaster run with newcastle.? trained reserves like OGS.? been an assistant.? heck, has he even been a coach.?

i´ll quote myself here, does anyone know the answer to those questions.? i cant answer them myself, but i get a hunch that shearer is more inexperienced then kean.

Majiball : some foreign managers have failed and some has flourished, the point your trying to make isnt really relevant. But ill go along anyway, so lets take ramos. He had only ever managed in spain, iirc he wasnt fluent in english and therefore needed his assistant to translate. Ramos had never been put in a situatoin, where he wasnt at home. Schuster on the other hand, has managed in germany, spain, russia and turkey, he has done so on many different levels.speaks a handfull of languages and does so fluently. Even a blind man can spot the differences there. Schusters credentials are way above the shearers, the sherwoods and the average chumpionship level manager thats being mentioned on here.

Imo it doesnt necessarily need to be schuster, but if we can get anyone with the same cv or close to, then it i would prefer that calibre of manager.

Yeah he does have all his coaching badges now.

Saw this comment of a Newcastle forum, don't know if it's true, can't really be bothered to check - I always remember the coaching associations banging on about how Shearer was top of their classes when he was taking the badges,

Well said. Good to see a Rovers post with some heart for once.

So the only passionate Rovers fans are ones who back an ex-player?

Shebby Asks For Patience & Must Make Right Appointment:

http://www.brfcs.co....ht-appointment/

What tosh. Nearly 2 weeks to draw up a shortlist Singh? Really? I would understand if they wanted more time to consider their man if they had gotten deep into their interview stage but to still be waiting on drawing up a shortlist after what will be nearly 2 weeks is nonsense. 2 weeks is an awful long time in football and any new manager needs as much time as they can get before the Derby game.

The line (in other sources) where he says it may take 3 more weeks is a very concerning comment and all points to Black getting the job full time, in my opinion. I'm patient but not that patient, the squad need a new man urgently. Get on with it.

I think people seriously need to calm down, it's a massive decision which cannot be rushed. When you look some of the high profile names who have apparently applied for the job it's imperative that the correct manager is appointed.

If we haven't made the appointment by the time the international break is up then we need to start worrying.

Saw this comment of a Newcastle forum, don't know if it's true, can't really be bothered to check - I always remember the coaching associations banging on about how Shearer was top of their classes when he was taking the badges,

So the only passionate Rovers fans are ones who back an ex-player?

Because thats what I said...

Sigh.

OMG! Months of hell, Kean's finally gone, fans coming back, and this is probably the most important decision in the clubs history! It has to be right Martonrover!

Crucial, show patience fella!!

Ok, point taken. Just listened to the interview and Shebby actually says "by Thursday" rather than "on Thursday".

Just hope one or two of the stronger candidates don't have second thoughts in the meantime.

I think people seriously need to calm down, it's a massive decision which cannot be rushed. When you look some of the high profile names who have apparently applied for the job it's imperative that the correct manager is appointed.

If we haven't made the appointment by the time the international break is up then we need to start worrying.

If we were a well run club where everything was in working order behind the scenes then I am sure I would be more patient. Venky's have brought this upon themselves.

Anyone remember Kean being caretaker manager and then getting the full time job?

Also, everyone says 'give it time we need to make the right appointment', well if the lads were planning on sacking Kean, surely they would have had at least a shortlist drawn up by now? Or is that just too much forward-planning?!

Time is not the most concerning factor here, it's the clowns who will actually be picking the new manager.

QPR have had a poor start to the season BUT Hughes helped them stay up last season at our expense, did a great job at Fulham and was fired off from Man City after drawing too many games. I think some fans are a bit too quick to say that he isn't much kop anymore. He'd be top of my list if he was made available.

Is it safe to assume Shebby is looking for a tiki-taka manager?

If it was indeed Shebby that brought in all those Portuguese players then I can only assume this philosophy that he is speaking of is some sort of Barca-esq football?

We can certainly knock a few names off the poll if that is the case.

His time at Rovers. He seems to have lost something since he became a complete mercenary.

He's forgotten more than 'Big Al' knows.

Give me ONE good reason for Shearer being a managerial success here.

And no, his playing career or any imaginary backroom staff don't count.

Looking at those videos of the 'Golden Shearer Goals' did you see the service Shearer was getting through the middle of the park. Rhodes could only dream of such balls played into him from the current set-up!!!

Maybe a manager who could sort out some basics like that would be a good start!!!!

Archived