BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2013

No, I had to add them in to the data for the January 2011 data update of FM 2011.

Also had to do Steve Kean, with the deadline being the day after the Liverpool match, hence his stats being decent. It all went wrong from there.

Splendid.

Btw, is there any reason why you can only assign one 'favourite team' to your profile? Always thought this was a weird restriction - given that in-game managers & players have more than one (this might well have been fixed, but I haven't played the more recent versions).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No, I had to add them in to the data for the January 2011 data update of FM 2011.

Also had to do Steve Kean, with the deadline being the day after the Liverpool match, hence his stats being decent. It all went wrong from there.

Kean's stats are ridiculous on FM11. I lowered them in the editor as they had without any justification given him Jose Mourinho-esque stats.

Venky's are actually fairly decent owners on FM11, but then owners don't really do much in the game anyway.

Kean's stats are ridiculous on FM11. I lowered them in the editor as they had without any justification given him Jose Mourinho-esque stats.

Venky's are actually fairly decent owners on FM11, but then owners don't really do much in the game anyway.

Perhaps SEM were creative consultants?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Just started playing this, now that all the patches are out. Have managed to get promoted with Rovers on the first attempt, came 2nd in the end.

In:

Alexey Eremenko - Loan

Olexiy Gai - Loan

Marcio Abreu - 575k

Alan Tate - Loan

Dani Estrada - 1.2m (Jan)

Out:

Marcus Olsson - Loan

David Goodwillie - Loan

Jordan Slew - Loan

Micah Evans - Loan

Danny Murphy - 100k (Jan)

Fabio Nunes - Loan (Jan)

So not that much change in terms of personnel. Gai and Abreu have been fantastic. In terms of our 'regular' team, Nuno Gomes & Jordan Rhodes have been very good (Nuno playing in the hole behind Rhodes). Dann and Givet have been solid, I've rotated between Williamson, MGP, Etuhu and Lowe in midfield. All have been fine.

Either FM overrates our team even after the 3rd patch, or Venky's should have hired me instead of Appleton. Oh well.

• Backroom

To be fair, regardless of media prediction Wolves didn't do very well and Bolton finished mid-table, so that was fairly accurate. Lowe, Hanley and Etuhu performed far too well, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm good B) but not good enough to get those three playing as well as they did.

FM definitely over-rates us. Even after the last update, all the of last years Premier League relegation teams are predicted by the media (you see this in the team selection part) to finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd still in the Championship.

That's more to do with reputation than squad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm now in 2026 in a file and it seems that I've been hit by a glitch. When I go to the job security section it only shows a handful of jobs in France and I am no longer able to apply for any jobs.

Has anyone encountered this before?

After being a virtual addict of cm/football manager since the beginning I really cant get into fm2013, I've tried a few time but it just doesn't engage me at all and its just to slow and clunky, unless you play in the basic mode(which is just too basic!) or career mode but with a tiny database(too limiting), not sure if its me or the game that's changed the most.

p.s. my laptops a few years old but is powerful enough for most games so it shouldn't really make such a difference.

• Backroom

I'm somewhat the same. It's just a very clunky game and it's the only FM game that has actually caused my laptop to shut down due to overheating, which is really irritating. The laptop has decent specs and otherwise has no heating issues, so it's most certainly the insane amount of resources that the game demands to use. I've played a couple of seasons with Rovers and it was moderately enjoyable, but not enough to keep me playing.

• 2 weeks later...

what role do people play Rhodes in? Complete forward? Deep lying forward? advance Forward? or Poacher?

plus what formation do you play?

4-4-2, Rhodes complete forward with an advanced forward. I've won the premier league with him playing that role, then I sold him to Hull funnyily enough (17M) The young mexican always bangs them in and is cheap. Rochina also makes a good complete foward and will score goals (sold 18.5M).

• 2 months later...

Really got into this now. Into season 2021/22 with Rovers. Took a long while to get things sorted but here's how the seasons went:

12/13 - 5th and promoted via play offs

13/14 - 9th

14/15 - 6th

15/16 - 11th

16/17 - 7th

17/18 - 6th

18/19 - 1st and League Cup winners

19/20 - 3rd knocked out of Champions League in last 16

20/21 - 1st and FA and League Cup winners (domestic treble), knocked out of Champions League in Quarter's

My main focus has been to build a squad with a strong core of British players and I have succeeded in doing so, but there is only so much quality in doing that so other signings have been made that go against this. I finally lost my last player that had been with me since the start in the summer. Grant Hanley left and joined Liverpool. Jason Lowe (now Celtic) Ruben Rochina (WBA then off to a Spanish team) and Adam Henley (Wolves) proved decent squad members until around 2018/19.

Still have a few players that I rate highly that aren't regens, if any of you are interested:

Carlos Fierro - Bought him in to replace Rhodes in the summer of 2017 and his record so far speaks for itself, 127 league apps and 108 goals. Played as a poacher at all times and always as the lone striker. Signed for £19mil after Rhodes joined Arsenal for £15mil.

Fraser Forster - Highly reliable GK who I bought in 2014 for £7.5mil and made played 260 league apps for the club.

James Tomkins - Absolutely fantastic centre back who puts in performance after performance. Unfortunately I didn't sign him until later on in his career but since buying him in 2018 for £18.75mil he has made 102 league apps, scored 10, won fans player of the year twice and was shortlisted for the World Golden Ball. Has an average rating of around 7.7 throughout his seasons here.

Jack Cork - Bought in 2013 for £6.5mil and key to my success. Made captain after a season or two and is only just being phased out of the side. Played simply as a centre mid a lot of the time, or sometimes as a deep lying playmaker. He has made 256 league apps and has been our Lampard/Gerrard type player.

Sam Byram - Arrived in 2017 for just £4.5mil. Very solid right back and has made his way as first choice England right back. Now valued at £14.5mil, very consistent and rarely makes a mistake.

Branco Van Dem Boomen - Strong Dutch centre mid. Usually play him as a deep lying playmaker but equally adept as an advanced playmaker of defensive midfielder. Bought for £6.5mil in 2018 and I would imagine he would be pretty cheap early on in the game (he is originally at Ajax).

A few players to have been and gone are: Rooney, Alonso, Isco, Beckham and we have a 37 year old C.Ronaldo who has just joined on a free now.

Tactic for the last few seasons has been 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending on opposition or whether chasing game.

Ex players who are now managing are:

Brad Friedel - Hull (in PL and a good mid-table side for quite sometime. Steve Bruce won 2 Europa titles with them and is now managing Citeh!?)

Scott Dann - Boro (in Championship). Dann actually served very well early on in the game for me.

Archived