BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Think everyone is annoyed at the fact the media seem to take the action groups statements as the opinion of all rovers fan when realy it's just a small population. For instance I have a lot of the same views but thought the yellow tshirts were up there with an underwater hair dryer and chocolate fire guards.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Bet, a 24 hour market, have had no market for Rovers' new manager for about 3 hours.

Flitcroft is more than just rumour in my view.

Cryer came to the party late on both Rhodes and Mckinlay. Hope this isn't his hat-trick !

No chance. Surely? Then again. Who's left? Clowns listening to clowns.

Anyway, we won! It was crap! I'll save Andy Cryer the words; centre halves did very well, Givet worked hard, as did Lowe, Dunny, Rochina, Robbo and Rhodes, again with Kean all support. Oh, and Orr, at least he tried. As for not grafting; Martin, CKR and the big lazy buggier in the middle - well, sorry but they're taking the pi$$.

Thank God Shebby is here. Being advised by proper "football people" !!

If there's a way to Kean it up, they'll find it. That's one thing they've mastered in the last two years.

If people was running around stating that you are trying to stop every appointment so someone else gets the job of your choice then I think you would also blow your top, especially as it has zero truth to it. One guy says something, othesr catch on and before you know it people are believing it.

I'm only human after all and when lies are spread I do have a right to clear them up

No matter what you say or do, someone will think its not the right thing. Some will never agree with you on anything. Don't worry about it.

I've calmed a bit after a few have quashed the rumours, I just hope Shebby realises that whoever is appointed some people aren't going to be happy but obviously some appointments would be a lot more popular than others. If the appointment is in the McKinley / Flitcroft mould then there will be conspiracy theories as to his motives and role in it all

Tonight I heard the best rumour yet, a Farnborough fan told me there was a rumour around that we had approached their manager, now this obviously isn't true but its not nice that our club is now seen as such a joke.

Spencer day the guy who pretended to have cash to save aldershot when he had nothing and bought himself a few places in football management since our owners would have to be clueless to app...... oh wait that makes perfect sense.

Well I have seen it all now, we get blasted for issueing a press release on behalf of our members regarding Rovers appointing a coach rather than a manager, and I can tell you 100% McKinlay was going to be appointed, then Flitcroft goes to watch the match as he does all the time when Chorley aint playing and then we get blasted as if we had suggested him as manager.

As we have told you a million times the Action Group have put NO names forward as the new Manager, I'm aware of many who are interested and many who have been spoken to by the club however any appointment I do not want on my conscence hence I have never named one.

You informed Shebby that McKinlay would be a disaster, which I believe (and I think a significant majority) agree with.

But you went further a lumped Sherwood in with McKinlay. That was a bridge too far as I (and I think a significant majority) would accept him.

All in all, I believe, based on public comments:

1. BRAG communicates with Shebby about managerial appointments.

2. BRAG claims that it does so only to warn Shebby off.

3. At least in the case of Sherwood, BRAG misstated the bulk of supporter opinion.

4. You previously floated Flitcroft as manager for reasons I'm unsure of.

Like it or not Glen, you've put yourself in the position of being a public figure. The earlier reaction here was not unreasonable, all things considered. You're past the point of being justified in getting bent out of shape for real and imagined slights. You're now the chairman for 8,000 supporters and need to start acting like it, which means that fair and unfair barbs will be hurled your way on issues BRAG interjects itself into, such as the managerial appointment. You need to stay cool, keep it simple and tell the truth. If not, then BRAG and you will have even bigger problems in the future.

Thanks for the work that BRAG and you have done. I suggest you step back and adopt a measure twice and cut once attitude when it comes to further interventions.

According to Mike Jackman's excellent " complete record 1875-1990", Lee joined the Rovers Jan 1974.

Going back to this - "Yes I know!" I've got the book as well and checked it later.

You know what, I've met Mike Jackman at reserve games in the last couple of years or so and he's an extremely nice and knowledgeable bloke and I've no reason to believe he would be wrong.

BUT .........the more I think about it the less I can remember welcoming Gordon Lee in the January of that season.

I've still got it in my head that Richard Dinnis was our caretaker manager for the best part of a season at some point - certainly not just December 73 to January 1974.

I remember vaguely the odd game from that season. I remember going to Halifax away on a sunny Easter. I also recall attending the final home game against Wrexham which attracted our lowest ever League gate (3520 according to the book) and I could have sworn blind Gordon Lee wasn't in charge at that stage.

Does anyone have a programme from the latter half of that season 73/4? To confirm whether I am right or have lost my marbles completely?

Edit: Just noticed the book says Furphy resigned on 7/12/74 and Lee took over on 16/01/74. So at the very least there's a misprint. Was it meant to read 07/12/73 for Furphy resigning? That sounds about right, but I still think the bit on Lee's wrong.

Like it or not Glen, you've put yourself in the position of being a public figure. The earlier reaction here was not unreasonable, all things considered. You're past the point of being justified in getting bent out of shape for real and imagined slights. You're now the chairman for 8,000 supporters and need to start acting like it, which means that fair and unfair barbs will be hurled your way on issues BRAG interjects itself into, such as the managerial appointment.

Look at Gordon Taylor. He's a lovely fellow and Joey Barton publicly called him fat and greedy. Imagine how difficult it was to defend himself outside of PFA HQ in front of his colleagues. Yet he did with surprising dignity and restraint and made Barton look like an ungrateful child.

Well I have seen it all now, we get blasted for issueing a press release on behalf of our members regarding Rovers appointing a coach rather than a manager, and I can tell you 100% McKinlay was going to be appointed, then Flitcroft goes to watch the match as he does all the time when Chorley aint playing and then we get blasted as if we had suggested him as manager.

Quite laughable really.

I tweeted out on the day of the Charlton Match regarding Flitcroft as it was in the Chorley Guardian. I asked Gaz if there was any truth in it and he told me he had held informal discussions with people at the club. He has heard nothing since.

So my understanding reading half of these post on here, is we issued a press release which we got slated for and then everyone comes on and complains at any other name linked. Guess what guys , the appointing committee aint reading this board and your words wont be hitting home. This is why we issued a press release to ensure Rovers didnt drop an almighty one..

Seems if we do something ,its wrong, but everyone else can say/do and act how they want??

As we have told you a million times the Action Group have put NO names forward as the new Manager, I'm aware of many who are interested and many who have been spoken to by the club however any appointment I do not want on my conscence hence I have never named one.

This all boils down to Kamy's Podcast were he insinuated we had put Flitcrofts name in the ring, which was proceeded with him telling Shebby to listen to no-one. Well he got his wish because Shebby has spent the last four weeks ignoring the supporters and anyone else.

I suppose if I gave you other names like Shearer too, in which I have personally spoken to his camp, that he also can go on the BLACK LIST?

Or perhaps the Holloway camp? Shall we stick him on the Blacklist too?

I really think some people need to grow up and stop spinning completer and utter rubbish because it is just not helping the situation and is making things a million times worst!!!

Glen, If this is the way you are going to act, then you really need to ask your self, why do you get all this stick???

Dont you think its time to take yourself out of the limelight, Stuff like this is making stuff worse for yourself, and giving BRAG a worse name than it already has.

Seems to me its like a donkey with a carrott sitiuation (yes off the IMG ad)

Get yourself out, stop feeling sorry for yourself because your getting stick, or put up and shutup.

You informed Shebby that McKinlay would be a disaster, which I believe (and I think a significant majority) agree with.

But you went further a lumped Sherwood in with McKinlay. That was a bridge too far as I (and I think a significant majority) would accept him.

Why are people so much keener on Sherwood than McKinlay though?

Both of them are far too inexperienced to be taking on the role at such a crucial time, surely?

Maybe Glen did misrepresent some of the views of the fans.

I'm just speaking for myself here, but if that statement moved Shebby away from the inexperienced likes of Sherwood and Shearer and more towards more experienced heads then I will be mighty relieved he did so.

Personally, Glen is speaking for the minority of the fans.

Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with the McKinlay Option,

However i wouldnt mind with sherwood, He seems in high regard of spurs, which is a pretty big club in england, and they seem to see something extremley talented in him.

However Mckinlay, really? Fulham and the NI assistant manager is all he has to his coaching careeer.

I think you misunderstand, I don't think when it's quoted in the media it helps because the media often quote it out of context, but the statement was the views of the majority of the Action Group and didn't claim to be the majority of all fans. It is fait that the group is allowed to show the stance of the majority of its members.

I also feel that rumours and false wild theories gather pace very quickly. For example, the notion that the group or even Glen personally could impact the decision of our next manager is laughable IMO. Yet when people believe it and write it off as fact that is when perceptions are soured.

Having got over the initial shock of being forced to consider Flitty and his pals, I actually warmed to it. Probably for non-playing reasons, but I warmed to it nonetheless. Our idiotic appointing committee could do a lot worse for us.

On the face of it, it would be a staggering appointment which would merely serve to confirm the dysfunctionality that exists at t'Rovers under this appalling regime.

However, because of that very dysfunctionality, having people I could trust at the helm is equally if not more important to me than a proven football management record, and it has to be said, I would trust this trio above a lot of others and I think on that front, fans could rest as easily as they are likely to under the current owners. They might not take us up (but who knows, everyone is a gamble) but I would feel much easier with them there to safeguard the overall future of the club than with say another SEM appointment or most of the other candidates who seem to have been considered by the aforementioned committee. On that score, if the owners (whoever the owners are) are expecting some grateful Kean-like puppets, they might get a bit of a shock with these old-boys. I should hope so anyway.

In the meantime, I'd have got behind them for sure. It would be good if it came off with success on the pitch. If it didn't, at least I won't be feeling like relegation and destruction of our club is actually part of the plan, along with lining the pockets of parasitic agents, which is all I've felt like for the last two years and expect to continue. Because of that, of course, if Shebby or whoever pulls the strings actually felt about them like I do - then they wouldn't get appointed anyway. You see, under this shower, you can't have everything - only something which might be half decent one way, but bad in another, or usually, bad in every way possible.

I wouldn't know if it's a deliberately perverse appointment (i.e. made to put fan's noses out of joint) or an ignorant/stupid one or a 'genuinely' misguided one (i.e. made for the right reasons, but still in mistake) or a blatantly cheap one or a desperate one - but it's probable that Flitty/Jansen/Short would do what's good for the club rather than what's profitable for the owners and agents and for that reason, notwithstanding their lack of managerial experience, I think there could be some merit in the appointment, if it were to happen. Not in the way that Shebby or whoever appointed them think there might be, but in other equally important ways at this desperate time for the club (and us, the fans.)

So, if it did happen, don't panic. Let's get behind them ... and hope for the best. It could be worse (another Anderson client? Or indeed anyone compliant with our owners' malignant strategy.)

Whoever gets appointed, I hope they keep Black on. He also seems to have some trustworthy qualities and he's definitely not a bullshi££er like Kean was. We could do with people like that about the club.

Having got over the initial shock of being forced to consider Flitty and his pals, I actually warmed to it. Probably for non-playing reasons, but I warmed to it nonetheless. Our idiotic appointing committee could do a lot worse for us.

On the face of it, it would be a staggering appointment which would merely serve to confirm the dysfunctionality that exists at t'Rovers under this appalling regime.

However, because of that very dysfunctionality, having people I could trust at the helm is equally if not more important to me than a proven football management record, and it has to be said, I would trust this trio above a lot of others and I think on that front, fans could rest as easily as they are likely to under the current owners. They might not take us up (but who knows, everyone is a gamble) but I would feel much easier with them there to safeguard the overall future of the club than with say another SEM appointment or most of the other candidates who seem to have been considered by the aforementioned committee. On that score, if the owners (whoever the owners are) are expecting some grateful Kean-like puppets, they might get a bit of a shock with these old-boys. I should hope so anyway.

In the meantime, I'd have got behind them for sure. It would be good if it came off with success on the pitch. If it didn't, at least I won't be feeling like relegation and destruction of our club is actually part of the plan, along with lining the pockets of parasitic agents, which is all I've felt like for the last two years and expect to continue. Because of that, of course, if Shebby or whoever pulls the strings actually felt about them like I do - then they wouldn't get appointed anyway. You see, under this shower, you can't have everything - only something which might be half decent one way, but bad in another, or usually, bad in every way possible.

I wouldn't know if it's a deliberately perverse appointment (i.e. made to put fan's noses out of joint) or an ignorant/stupid one or a 'genuinely' misguided one (i.e. made for the right reasons, but still in mistake) or a blatantly cheap one or a desperate one - but it's probable that Flitty/Jansen/Short would do what's good for the club rather than what's profitable for the owners and agents and for that reason, notwithstanding their lack of managerial experience, I think there could be some merit in the appointment, if it were to happen. Not in the way that Shebby or whoever appointed them think there might be, but in other equally important ways at this desperate time for the club (and us, the fans.)

So, if it did happen, don't panic. Let's get behind them ... and hope for the best. It could be worse (another Anderson client? Or indeed anyone compliant with our owners' malignant strategy.)

Whoever gets appointed, I hope they keep Black on. He also seems to have some trustworthy qualities and he's definitely not a bullshi££er like Kean was. We could do with people like that about the club.

Agree with all of this...

It's about time everyone here stopped throwing their toys out of the pram with every new name mentioned. Where will it end? As supporters we aren't supposed to pick the manager - hell. half the people on this forum couldn't even pick their own noses!

I agree with the McKinley nonsense, but we have to let someone manage us for Christ sake!

Personally, Glen is speaking for the minority of the fans.

Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with the McKinlay Option,

However i wouldnt mind with sherwood, He seems in high regard of spurs, which is a pretty big club in england, and they seem to see something extremley talented in him.

However Mckinlay, really? Fulham and the NI assistant manager is all he has to his coaching careeer.

Have you not learned from previous appointments that appointing coaches who aren't managers is a ridiculous risk?

Brian Kidd was and still is held in high coaching positions by some of the top teams in the country.

Dalglish refused to join Ewood unless Ray Harford was made his assistant.

Even Steve Kean was wanted by Scolari to be part of his coaching staff!

Glen is entirely correct to say Sherwood is not experienced enough for the job. Sure he might have been inaccurate to suggest the fans wouldn't be happy with a Sherwood appointment, but all that says to me is that the fans need to look again at why they would be happy with having Sherwood in charge.

This morning's LT reports that Harry Redknapp is interested in Rovers job, but currently unlikely that he would get the job.

LT reports that Shebby, Agnew and Shaw had a meeting yesterday and now there is another shortlist of 6 names, some in work and some out of work. Rovers will attempt to interview these candidates over next few days.

LT reports Flitcroft would like to be considered but is not thought to be in the frame.

Today? Or generally?

Today its Happy Harry. Harry wants it, but do Blackburn want him? I know iam.

Just arrived back yesterday afternoon.So no idea were things are at.See 5th in league which is good!

Harry would be great surely?

Massimiliano Allegri will need a new job in a few days too!

Surprised your owners haven't tried for Pep Guardiola,you know what they are like!

Archived