• Created
  • Last Reply

Kazim.

Henrique.

Orr keaner

Formica

Murphy

Edinho

Average foreigners stopping Henley,hanley, oconnor, osawe coming through.

Thats really unfair. 2 of them aren't even foreign!!

Sounds like a lot of people are coming out in support of Black now but before the mid-week game everyone was saying "anyone but Black"

Fans can be so fickle

Well not if you actually read whats been said. I think most reasonable people can see he's tried to address the problems in the side. But if given the straight forward question 'Would you be happy if Rovers appointed Black as full time manager?', i'd wager 95% of all fans would answer 'no'.

Kazim.

Henrique.

Orr keaner

Formica

Murphy

Edinho

Average foreigners stopping Henley,hanley, oconnor, osawe coming through.

would get rid of Orr.

would keep Kazim, Murphy.

Henrique havent see him play. Edinho is only 18 years old so plenty of time for him to develop.

Formica maybe sell.

Henley and R.Hanley will come through this season.give them time.

I saw the below comment on the LT website,

lewis 87 says...

Radio lancs said Harry was in directors box today any truth any one ?

I'm guessing it is bobbins, but just wondered if anyone saw him or heard this on Radio Lancs? Probably said tongue in cheek on the radio i suspect.

I'd take Black, to honest, over and above the vast majority of those linked.

It takes a particular type of personality to connect to 'us lot' at t'Rovers (we've never liked fancy fans and bull$$itters) and most of us would admit we are a hard lot to please and always have been, maybe because Blackburn is such a dump and we are all permanently depressed at living here. However, from a very unpromising start, through no fault of his own, but simply being present under the most shockingly bad management in our history (I never thought Jim Iley would one day be regarded almost wistfully), I think most Rovers fans would acknowledge that there's something about him you can trust. In that sense he's a perfect antidote to the apparent idiocy in the boardroom and the Walter Mitty like lunacy and dishonesty of wee Stevie.

I reckon he's been quietly appreciated and rated in a low-key sort of way wherever he's been, it's just that some guys don't get the breaks, whereas untold numbers of absolute morons (probably the vast majority of the former players who make up the football manager fraternity) do. Really, the quality of most of them is shockingly bad.

Black is no moron, he's a likeable, down-to-earth, intelligent guy. It's obviously still too early to judge him on management, but even there, it's hard to fault his efforts so far. If nothing else, he's clearly seen what we all see and is doing something about it. Not rocket science, I know, but a massive improvement on what we've been accustomed to recently.

Believe me, we could do a lot worse, and we probably will.

It takes a particular type of personality to connect to 'us lot' at t'Rovers (we've never liked fancy fans and bull$$itters) and most of us would admit we are a hard lot to please and always have been, maybe because Blackburn is such a dump and we are all permanently depressed at living here. However, from a very unpromising start, through no fault of his own, but simply being present under the most shockingly bad management in our history (I never thought Jim Iley would one day be regarded almost wistfully), I think most Rovers fans would acknowledge that there's something about him you can trust. In that sense he's a perfect antidote to the apparent idiocy in the boardroom and the Walter Mitty like lunacy and dishonesty of wee Stevie.

I reckon he's been quietly appreciated and rated in a low-key sort of way wherever he's been, it's just that some guys don't get the breaks, whereas untold numbers of absolute morons (probably the vast majority of the former players who make up the football manager fraternity) do. Really, the quality of most of them is shockingly bad.

Black is no moron, he's a likeable, down-to-earth, intelligent guy. It's obviously still too early to judge him on management, but even there, it's hard to fault his efforts so far. If nothing else, he's clearly seen what we all see and is doing something about it. Not rocket science, I know, but a massive improvement on what we've been accustomed to recently.

I would agree with that, I noticed when Kean was here, Black was telling him stuff during games but Kean just looked bemused and did nothing about it.

He has done a decent job and shored up our supposedly leaky defence, which it wasnt really, just poor tactics by Coco!!

Agree with some of what you say but we need strong leadership if possible and for that to transmit itself onto the pitch. The penalty fiasco was another sign of no one running the show. Some of these players need a rocket up them from time to time and they need someone of authority and respect to be delivering that. Although we might as well keep Black above going to the trouble an cost of some of the inexperienced one's linked.

If you watched todays game you wouldnt be calling for black dire performance again in a poor leauge.

People have to get their heads around the fact that we won't walk the league and out pass every team we play no matter who is manager. Coco's left us with an unbalanced, not fit enough and not good enough to thrash teams squad.

Great post, heartily agree.

Alot of thanks to Black for tightening up the defence but by the sounds of it we were pretty toothless up top yet again, no creativity/service to rhodes..i know we cant have everything at once but surely we can be a bit better going forward than we have been in recent games?

Ricky Sbragia did fantastic at Sunderland as caretaker. I wouldn't want him as a manager. A number two yes but not the main man.

In an alternate universe somewhere, a likeable, humble Steve Kean is still in charge of a mid-table Premier League Blackburn Rovers after listening to advice given by his trusty number two. Combining goals with a decent shape and defensive adeptness.

In this other word, Orr is a likeable fans favourite singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the big screen and Scott Dann is an England regular.

I'd keep Black in some capacity but I hope we bring in someone credible.

Ricky Sbragia did fantastic at Sunderland as caretaker. I wouldn't want him as a manager. A number two yes but not the main man.

In an alternate universe somewhere, a likeable, humble Steve Kean is still in charge of a mid-table Premier League Blackburn Rovers after listening to advice given by his trusty number two. Combining goals with a decent shape and defensive adeptness.

In this other word, Orr is a likeable fans favourite singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the big screen and Scott Dann is an England regular.

There's no probability curve that warped...

I saw the below comment on the LT website,

lewis 87 says...

Radio lancs said Harry was in directors box today any truth any one ?

I'm guessing it is bobbins, but just wondered if anyone saw him or heard this on Radio Lancs? Probably said tongue in cheek on the radio i suspect.

He was at Newbury Race Course directors box or something like that

I reckon he's been quietly appreciated and rated in a low-key sort of way wherever he's been, it's just that some guys don't get the breaks

Nicely written post but I have to strongly disagree here, sounds like a hard luck story but without any foundation.

Black is nearly 50 now and has been at many clubs. At no point has anyone looked at him and thought he was managerial potential. There must be reasons for that beyond hard luck.

Not at all keen on Black. The chances of us having found the best man for the job by pure circumstance are so slim. So many clubs fall in to the trap of appointing a caretaker permanently on the back of a few good results. It hardly ever turns out well.

Nicely written post but I have to strongly disagree here, sounds like a hard luck story but without any foundation.

Black is nearly 50 now and has been at many clubs. At no point has anyone looked at him and thought he was managerial potential. There must be reasons for that beyond hard luck.

Not at all keen on Black. The chances of us having found the best man for the job by pure circumstance are so slim. So many clubs fall in to the trap of appointing a caretaker permanently on the back of a few good results. It hardly ever turns out well.

agree. It seems Black has always been content with being the number 2. If he really wanted to be number 1, then he would have been doing everything to get there.

I think people expecting a manage to change to much. Our Squad is VERY poor!!!

Givet now ou main cb, who was behind Samba,Nelsen,Jones - All gone!

Orr, Dann.

Murphy, Fomica, Kazim, Dunn, Gomes, Pedersen robinson and all the portugese contingent - all not good enough journey men or not good enough just has beens.

Does Simon exist?

Rochina, Hanley, Henley, Lowe have nothing but potential at the moment!

Rhodes and Etuhu our only consistant performers IMO.

Going to be a HUGE task for any manager! Getting rid of a lot of rubbish off our books would be a good start. Trying to nick a few of the better players from the clubs aound us would be a start.

But then surviving in the prem if we get up could be a whole new headache.... and then there is Venkys!

Archived