BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Well Chaddy, I've read the whole article twice - even though you've already had stick for links to the same story overnight.

Three things:

1) "the Daily Star Sunday has been told"

2) the final paragraph means you can drive a bus through the whole piece

3) It's the Star

No chance. Anyone discussing Redknapp, away from the mb, as a serious contender is embarrassing themselves.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down dear.

Were you encouraged by Kean's opening results of this season?

I have no idea what your point is. I've made mine, you don't seem to be interested in addressing it, so give it a rest.

Coventry sacked him and his win percentage at Motherwell was 25% (not sure if he was sacked from there too, Wiki doesn't give that detail). Hardly a ringing endorsement for his skills!

To be factually correct, I could say no-one in the last 8 years has deemed him worthy of a managerial position. Surely the fact that his managerial position was brief and he dropped back to an assistant tells you that there are fatal flaws in his skillset which prevent him having the top job?

Assistant managers hardly ever make good managers. Sbragia is a great example of someone who did ok as a caretaker but got found out in the long term. All Black has shown us is that he can make us harder to beat than Kean could. That's probably 5% of what he needs to be successful as a long term manager. It's unbelievably risky with the odds well stacked against it being a success based on past examples. As I suggested before...the odds of the best man for the job coincidentally being the current assistant manager? Very, very low!

His performance at Coventry seems to be pretty good statistically? I don't know why they sacked him.

I'm not for one second suggesting Black is the best man for the job. I'm also not expecting Venky's to be remotely capable of appointing the best man for the job. We could do worse than Black and it wouldn't be a guaranteed disaster if he got it, that's all.

His performance at Coventry seems to be pretty good statistically? I don't know why they sacked him.

I'm not for one second suggesting Black is the best man for the job. I'm also not expecting Venky's to be remotely capable of appointing the best man for the job. We could do worse than Black and it wouldn't be a guaranteed disaster if he got it, that's all.

Black's big challenge is the next two away games against good teams. (I dont believe we will have a permenant manager in before them.) If he gets a win and a draw or two draws, I think he'll be named.

Unspectacular, not going to get the crowds back and too associated with KeanOut, but will be seen as a success by the Venkys.

I do feel that some posters reflect a section of the Rovers support who are in a perpetual state of anger and hate.

The very section that the 'T' word was coined for.

As for the manager .... can't see it being anybody else but Holloway; the circumstantial evidence seems to be mounting.

I'd be perfectly happy with Ollie. I also wouldn't have too much of an issue if they decided to wait for OGS.

If Harry wanted it on a short term contract they should definitely go for it. Massive promotion bonus and a reasonable basic. You'd think any manager would fancy it on those terms, we're currently 2 points off the automatic promotion places.

I have no idea what your point is. I've made mine, you don't seem to be interested in addressing it, so give it a rest.

My point is, much like Kean's start to the season, results don't tell the whole story.

Our last two games were entirely winnable; Black won both 1-0 so, on paper, it's a successful job done.

However, if we continue to perform like we did this week we will not be promoted as better teams will murder us.

The very section that the 'T' word was coined for.

If you'd explained that definition 18 months ago you'd have saved a lot of trouble.

Glad to see you've overcome your grief following Kean's departure.

• Backroom

I also would like Black to be involved somewhere

Not as manager but he has done the right thing, he saw we were leaking goals and has shored us up albeit making us a little less dynamic, we have the players to be able to d both and with a bit of tweaking we will be there.

Since he has been in though Dann and Hanley have been superb IMO for the most part

My point is, much like Kean's start to the season, results don't tell the whole story.

Our last two games were entirely winnable; Black won both 1-0 so, on paper, it's a successful job done.

However, if we continue to perform like we did this week we will not be promoted as better teams will murder us.

If you'd explained that definition 18 months ago you'd have saved a lot of trouble.

Glad to see you've overcome your grief following Kean's departure.

Black has done a decent job, he's sorting out the defensive shambles and we do look like we are playing in formation, he isn't the right man for the job though because we need a massive lift from a fresh appointment.

I say this because think the supporters need to do their bit too and we clearly aren't really getting behind the team whilst all this drags on. The players look scared of pushing forward and scared of making mistakes. I think the only thing that will heal the wounds is a manager that won't accept the 60% that they put in but will give them the belief that they are lacking. The fans will accept home defeats much easily if we play with intensity and suffer a defeat to a lack of luck, rather than effort and belief.

We can't afford to have the fans to stay away, so while Black is doing a decent job, we do need somebody to bring them back. Harry or Holloway IMO are the ones we should be going for, but I'm not sure what the owners and Shebby are playing at here. We are in a good position right now, get the right man in, and we will be flying, make a mistake, and I'm afraid we will slide down the table.

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Tuesday Black not good enough, Saturday Nlack the man to take u forward. (Sigh) No wonder we are a joke

2 mins to go he wernt good enough then we score and he is ?!! WTF it's pathetic !! Fickle is understatement !! Black is puppet !!! And anyone who plays Orr deserves hanging from the floodlights!!!!!

2 mins to go he wernt good enough then we score and he is ?!! WTF it's pathetic !! Fickle is understatement !! Black is puppet !!! And anyone who plays Orr deserves hanging from the floodlights!!!!!

I agree with this. Black is not the man to take us forward and represents a link with bad times. As much as I would commend his efforts for making us harder to beat, it is time we moved on. So thank you Eric Black, here's your pay-off, best of luck for the future.

I can't see how Black is a puppet. He has changed things around and seems to me to be very much his own man.

Who would you play at right back given our meagre resources in that position?

Well Chaddy, I've read the whole article twice - even though you've already had stick for links to the same story overnight.

Three things:

1) "the Daily Star Sunday has been told"

2) the final paragraph means you can drive a bus through the whole piece

3) It's the Star

No chance. Anyone discussing Redknapp, away from the mb, as a serious contender is embarrassing themselves.

never said I believe the DS story did I just ask people to wait to read the story first before moaning about it, Thats all.

But the Sunday People is saying Redknapp is interest but wants a 2.5 million pounds a year plus 1 million pounds promotion bonus. SS wants Rdknapp but Redknapp still unsure about rovers job and is likely to wait for PL job. Shaw still wants Holloway as rovers manager. The SP article is written by Steve Bates. no link to the story but you can always go and buy the paper ;)

I also would like Black to be involved somewhere

Not as manager but he has done the right thing, he saw we were leaking goals and has shored us up albeit making us a little less dynamic, we have the players to be able to d both and with a bit of tweaking we will be there.

Since he has been in though Dann and Hanley have been superb IMO for the most part

I would like to see the new manager whether its Holloway or someone like Robinson keep Black on as assistant manager or first team coach, given his experience in the PL and championship.

btw, cant see Redknapp coming.

I can't see how Black is a puppet. He has changed things around and seems to me to be very much his own man.

Who would you play at right back given our meagre resources in that position?

It's amazing what a last minute goal does for you, eh? Black is very much not his own man, although I bet he wishes he could be. I would play Jason Lowe there as he's the best player at the club in that position. Failing that, Henley deserves his chance.

The truth is,we were dreadful yesterday, absolutely dreadful. I agree the three points is more important and fair play to the lads and to Black for getting them but for you to suggest that he's changed things around is absolutely bizarre!

Not saying Black's the answer, though its been so refreshing hearing someone tell it as it is, As I remember Ferguson wasn't good enough till a Mark Robins goal at Forest

Archived