BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

They are only inteviewing to whittle it down to two so Venkys can yay or nay their final decision next week. So no contracts yet.

I heard it on a BRFCs podcast so that's why I attributed it to Kamy. It will be interesting to see what the documentary reveals.

Shebby is probably still promising 'I can do better than Holloway' especially as Shebby has put him in his unloved 2nd category of manager - unfortunately this sounds like every manager that has ever managed the game apart from the people who have never managed before.

Got told that myself, that Balaji has been told we can do better. So we will hopefully see this week who better than holloway is.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Holloway be one of those? Robinson or Grayson the other?

They've interviewed everyone as far as I know. Even the Pope and Sarah Ferguson. I'd say all of the above.

I have a gut feeling that if Shebby gets his way it'll be Robinson.

Would anybody disagree with me for posting that the process to find a new manager is a total farce?

I would. Its actually a complete and utter total farce of epic proportions.

It took two weeks to make different shortlists, Sherwood has been unsuccessfully poached for a month, Shearer says he's in but no-one wants him. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer gets ruled in and then ruled out. McKinlay's approach receives the wrath of supporters, Venkys and BRAG. Shebby walks out of the meeting with Holloway, countless interviews occur with Yorkshire-based former Blackburn Rovers-playing managers, Shebby creates odd theoretical categories ruling out most managers in the existence of football and declares he wants to find the new Mourinho. Harry Redknapp then gets courted on Sky Sports news by David Dunn and Eric Black whilst Ian Dowie announces a non-league manager Gary Flitcroft is being appointed in the morning.

And Shebby promises it will be resolved by Wednesday. I hope so.

I would. Its actually a complete and utter total farce of epic proportions.

It took two weeks to make different shortlists, Sherwood has been unsuccessfully poached for a month, Shearer says he's in but no-one wants him. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer gets ruled in and then ruled out. McKinlay's approach receives the wrath of supporters, Venkys and BRAG. Shebby walks out of the meeting with Holloway, countless interviews occur with Yorkshire-based former Blackburn Rovers-playing managers, Shebby creates odd theoretical categories ruling out most managers in the existence of football and declares he wants to find the new Mourinho. Harry Redknapp then gets courted on Sky Sports news by David Dunn and Eric Black whilst Ian Dowie announces a non-league manager Gary Flitcroft is being appointed in the morning.

And Shebby promises it will be resolved by Wednesday. I hope so.

A great summing up!

Before we start jumping into conclusions, Alan Nixon did not actually say it was Shebby Singh who walked out. So it's premature to start hounding him out and turning on him until we have concrete evidence. Talk of asking BRAG to reprimand Singh on this supposed action is also premature because for all we know, Shaw could have been the one who walked out. Hell, what if the two top men are the Venkys brothers themselves, and not Singh and Shaw?

And as someone mentioned earler (I think it was Rev), if it was true it would have become a sensational headliner and published for everyone to read. So let's wait for that article before bashing anyone.

Edit: Here is what Glen has to say on the matter: glen mullan @glen9mullan 2d

@mrmack84 @j4m3sy_b0y Wouldnt believe a word Niko says, so out of touch with the facts

And they did meet Ian Holloway on Friday (way before Nicko posted that tweet), so even if it did happen it wasn't with Holloway.

Before we start jumping into conclusions, Alan Nixon did not actually say it was Shebby Singh who walked out. So it's premature to start hounding him out and turning on him until we have concrete evidence. Talk of asking BRAG to reprimand Singh on this supposed action is also premature because for all we know, Shaw could have been the one who walked out. Hell, what if the two top men are the Venkys brothers themselves, and not Singh and Shaw?

And as someone mentioned earler (I think it was Rev), if it was true it would have become a sensational headliner and published for everyone to read. So let's wait for that article before bashing anyone.

Are you Shebby's brother or something? Before I even clicked on this thread I knew you were in here sticking up for him.

Shebby has been worthy of contempt even before this. Yes some might argue he had a hand in Kean's departure, but even this he handled in a way that made our club look even more ridiculous.

The sheer hubris of the man, whose footballing achievements to date have been in a minor Asian league, to wear a tracksuit with "SS" on it and to claim the footballing authority to take a lead role in deciding who our manager should be is staggering.

If he did walk out of the interview, it would be entirely in keeping with his actions to date.

The man is a parasite, nothing more and nothing less.

Are you Shebby's brother or something? Before I even clicked on this thread I knew you were in here sticking up for him.

Shebby has been worthy of contempt even before this. Yes some might argue he had a hand in Kean's departure, but even this he handled in a way that made our club look even more ridiculous.

The sheer hubris of the man, whose footballing achievements to date have been in a minor Asian league, to wear a tracksuit with "SS" on it and to claim the footballing authority to take a lead role in deciding who our manager should be is staggering.

If he did walk out of the interview, it would be entirely in keeping with his actions to date.

The man is a parasite, nothing more and nothing less.

I happen to live in the same region where Shebby Singh lives, and so I am part of this "minor Asia" thing you're talking about. I didn't deny that he is a parasite, or guilty of hubris, etc. but I do believe in "innocent until proven guilty". I'm being rather calm here, if I may say so, while you and some of the others are happily pulling the trigger and shooting Singh before finding out the facts. Yeah, maybe it would be entirely keeping in line with his actions of late, and he probably is more likely to do it than Derek Shaw, BUT AS OF NOW WE DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. It's easier to pull the trigger and jump into reckless accusations than waiting patiently for confirmation or evidence, I agree, but what happens if we turn out to be wrong? I bet if it wasn't Singh who did it, or Nicko was just winding people up, no one is going to apologize for their harsh comments on Singh.

I say let the hammer fall after he is confirmed as the culprit, not before. Don't execute the accused before he is given a trial, so to speak.

I happen to live in the same region where Shebby Singh lives, and so I am part of this "minor Asia" thing you're talking about. I didn't deny that he is a parasite, or guilty of hubris, etc. but I do believe in "innocent until proven guilty". I'm being rather calm here, if I may say so, while you and some of the others are happily pulling the trigger and shooting Singh before finding out the facts. Yeah, maybe it would be entirely keeping in line with his actions of late, and he probably is more likely to do it than Derek Shaw, BUT AS OF NOW WE DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. It's easier to pull the trigger and jump into reckless accusations than waiting patiently for confirmation or evidence, I agree, but what happens if we turn out to be wrong? I bet if it wasn't Singh who did it, or Nicko was just winding people up, no one is going to apologize for their harsh comments on Singh.

I say let the hammer fall after he is confirmed as the culprit, not before. Don't execute the accused before he is given a trial, so to speak.

Another tendency you have is to take it awfully personally when people comment on Shebby's footballing background.

The Malaysian League is a minor Asian league. Which part of that do you have a problem with?

Singapore, on the other hand, is a major Asian city, though I've visited there twice and it's also one of the dullest places I've ever been to.

This man has gleefully accepted taking large amounts of money for doing a job he's nowhere near qualified to do at the expense of our club, and has already tried to appoint people nowhere near suitable for the job at Ewood, without accepting he should be taking the opinions of people who clearly know far more than he does.

Whether this story is true or not, the guy deserves all the stick he gets.

Edit: Here is what Glen has to say on the matter: glen mullan @glen9mullan 2d

@mrmack84 @j4m3sy_b0y Wouldnt believe a word Niko says, so out of touch with the facts

And they did meet Ian Holloway on Friday (way before Nicko posted that tweet), so even if it did happen it wasn't with Holloway.

What has Kalinic got to do with anything...?

Another tendency you have is to take it awfully personally when people comment on Shebby's footballing background.

The Malaysian League is a minor Asian league. Which part of that do you have a problem with?

Singapore, on the other hand, is a major Asian city, though I've visited there twice and it's also one of the dullest places I've ever been to.

This man has gleefully accepted taking large amounts of money for doing a job he's nowhere near qualified to do at the expense of our club, and has already tried to appoint people nowhere near suitable for the job at Ewood, without accepting he should be taking the opinions of people who clearly know far more than he does.

Whether this story is true or not, the guy deserves all the stick he gets.

Shebby is a poor pundit who played in a minor asian league he should be nowhere near BRFC as for the owners ( or so called owners ) they should be no where near BRFC they have taken a top ten Prem club into the Championship and made the club into a total joke , lost thousands of fans , etc ( need I go on ...decision making , etc , etc )....how these people have businessess is beyond me..

The only way BRFC will move forward is for new owners to come in but unfortunately we are stuck at the moment with Venkys so they need to get in an experienced manager with his own backroom staff and full control of team affairs and get rid of shebby the parasite Singh ( who couldn't even sack Kean )

Berg was sacked from lillestrom after taking 1 point from 8 matches. That was in 2011.

Surely he has to be pretty much bottom of our short list.

Hmm, I cant see that being a success. If people are sceptical about OGS, he won the league in his first try and is about to win it again now.

Berg hasnt really done anything as far as I can recall (maybe some of the other norwegians on here can?)

Berg is only considered because he is a former player. It seems to be their philosophy this time, please the fans with a former player and its all good.....

Berg did a very good job with Lyn FC and led them to third place his first season. He also had a good start with Lyn when it was decided that he was taking over the hotseat at Lillestrøm SK. What can I say about Lillestrøm ? A club in total turmoil. Its a graveyard for managers. They used to be among the best teams in Norway, but have been suffering for a long time.

When Henning Berg was under a lot of pressure and the supporters wanted him sacked he actually met them all after a match and apologized on behalf of the players.

I spoke to him 3 years ago and he was clear that he wanted to come back to Rovers as a manger or coach one day. He pays attention with rovers and follows have they are doing. He had very good memories from the time here.

Emge: Agree about OGS, but you have to consider that he was given a shitload to spend and at the same time they had a very good squad when he came in.

He had a 42% win ratio at Lyn and 28% win ratio at Lillestrøm.

Agreed Ricky, we're scraping the barrel if Berg is the best Shebby can come up with.

He really does think that any ex-Rover will do, doesn't he? Whose next from the Prem winning team, Robbie Slater?

Bumped into him last week at the Manly Wharf Bar which is my local in Sydney. Nice chap, he apparently still talks to Shearer and Sherwood now and again...

Henning berg was known for his defensive stability and dynamic play. His teams where rock solid at the back which resulted in rather free roles for the attacking players.

Yes, he was very organised, remember how he and Short worked as a great central defensive unit and how they used to give each other high fives after they had nullified attacks with great defensive play, the only other I have seen organise like that was Graham Hawkins!!

Yes, he was very organised, remember how he and Short worked as a great central defensive unit and how they used to give each other high fives after they had nullified attacks with great defensive play, the only other I have seen organise like that was Graham Hawkins!!

Graham Hawkins, we could do with some like him right now

Archived