BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Comment: Venky's Managerial Appointment Farce

Eddie

What makes me so annoyed is that because of the shambles of appointing a new manager I have'nt even been able to enjoy Kean going, if they had appointed an experienced manager within a week or so it would have felt amazing, as it is it feels like business as usual.

Without Blacks good stewardship of the team things could have been so much worse, I hope he is kept on in some shape or form because I feel he deserves it.

Excellent piece Eddie you make some very valid and good points you should do a blog would make for some interesting reading you sum up the points perfectly 5 weeks on and we still are to find out who will be manager I only hope Shebby doesn't extend this deadline for any longer I mean we were supposed to have had the manager in by the end of last week.

Excellent piece Eddie you make some very valid and good points you should do a blog would make for some interesting reading you sum up the points perfectly 5 weeks on and we still are to find out who will be manager I only hope Shebby doesn't extend this deadline for any longer I mean we were supposed to have had the manager in by the end of last week.

For the want of a full-stop.

What makes me so annoyed is that because of the shambles of appointing a new manager I have'nt even been able to enjoy Kean going, if they had appointed an experienced manager within a week or so it would have felt amazing, as it is it feels like business as usual.

Without Blacks good stewardship of the team things could have been so much worse, I hope he is kept on in some shape or form because I feel he deserves it.

I think that so long as Venkys own Rovers it will always feel like business as usual. One stuff-up after another.

They are deciding between Mourinhio and Guardiola, it's a tough decision, expected to take some time.

I was told last night (by an ITK) that they are seriously looking at Alf Ramsey. He apparently has has a good record when it comes to winning trophies but lacks recent experience.

I was told last night (by an ITK) that they are seriously looking at Alf Ramsey. He apparently has has a good record when it comes to winning trophies but lacks recent experience.

I was told last night (by an ITK) that they are seriously looking at Alf Tupper.He apparently has has a good record when it comes to winning trophies but lacks Football experience.

I'm not bothered to a week or five if it has stopped an inexperienced appointment. In most lines of business, I'm sure they don't just move from a resignation to an appointment without careful considering. A three week playing period is not overly long providing the best candidate for the job is appointed. Whether any new manager likes it or not, there will be more accout this time via Singh-the days of managers just doing what they want are long gone at most clubs IMO.

It amazes me people are complaining how where taking to long.

Kean is gone.. where improving as a team

i view this as positive.. the owners instead if the old days (we want Diego Maradona ect, then employee a world class manger in steve kean ) seam to be taking there time and not making rash decisions

its some people on here that seam to be making rash assumptions.

damned if they do damned if they don't.

Redknapp - its good to hear that hes interested, but he might want 20m per year wages and 50million transfer kitty, so lets interview him and see what he wants..

Redknapp has already communicated his terms.

I understand they are not excessive in the circumstances.

seems to me that Agnew, Shaw and Shebby are all justifying their existence rather than doing a professional job.

You will be telling us he ''always wanted to manage Rovers having supported them as a boy'' ,shortly. So where did he communicate his terms ?? who approached who then if we are to believe the interview isn't until tomorrow??

Harry ''Give me 30 bags a week mate and i'll do it for you''

Shebby '' oh come and have an interview then and we will see if we can make it 40. Did you see me on Sky the other night?''

Harry, '' nah , only messing with ya son''

Shebby '' yeah ok but did you see me on Sky and i have my own training kit with my initials on''

FFS we are indeed a feckin circus

It amazes me people are complaining how where taking to long.

Kean is gone.. where improving as a team

i view this as positive.. the owners instead if the old days (we want Diego Maradona ect, then employee a world class manger in steve kean ) seam to be taking there time and not making rash decisions

its some people on here that seam to be making rash assumptions.

damned if they do damned if they don't.

Redknapp - its good to hear that hes interested, but he might want 20m per year wages and 50million transfer kitty, so lets interview him and see what he wants..

Not 100% sure that people are complaining purely because of the time taken. It's because of the time taken, plus Shebby has stated his intent to employ a novice. Employing a novice should not take this amount of time, and we shouldn't even be employing a novice in the first place.

If people knew we were going to definitely end up with a Holloway, a Solskaer or a Redknapp I would imagine people would be less critical. It's the thought we may end up with Karl Robinson and have taken a month to get there that's getting people's backs up. And for that you have to blame the messages being sent out from the club, or rather Shebby specifically.

Archived