BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you swap the Venkys for the Oystons?

Jack Walker cared for his club, Oystons bought Blackpool FC for the land the club owned. Its laughable that the Oystons complain and wont deal with agents in the game, yet they are estate agents themselves. Give me the Venkys any day of the week, i think there could well be two sets of fans protesting at the game. Iam hoping our happy clappy fans learn a few things of yours.

Now hold on. Weren't you in league one when Karl Oyston took the reigns? Two promotions and now I would say a relatively steady Championship side? I guess when you gained PL status you expected him to gamble the clubs future on a few years in the sun? For a club like Blackpool (no offence meant) surely PL was an incredible achievement but not sustainable in any way? How many clubs do we know that have gambled big money in the PL and have plummeted afterwards?

In my view Oyston did the right thing. Took a manager who had belief in that set of players, instilled that belief into them, and without spending a penny, almost kept them up. Blowing big wages on PL players is a huge gamble for a small club, and one that if I was a chairman, I would not take. Dingles did it almost the same way, only spending on Fletcher.

Perhaps Blackpool fans should neglect the belief that Oyston is going to plough millions in, because he won't. But he's hardly done badly for you has he? You've seen PL. He seems to me like a business man, perhaps a Ken Bates mould? I don't believe there are any financial worries for Blackpool at the moment? Given the current state of many clubs (including Rovers) who have recently been involved in takeovers, perhaps sticking with financially sound model is best for your club.

BTW I know the feeling when an outsider completely misunderstands the situation in your club, so, if I have it wrong, please explain. I'd hate to be thought of as one of those prats on the BBC comments section telling Rovers fans that we should have kept Steve Kean!

It wasn't Oyston who put the infrastructure in place at BFC anyway, it was Gavin Steele.

But yeah I'd rather be skint and have a well functioning club than be the laughing stock of British football

What on earth gives you the impression that anybody on this board is going to be interested in a positive BRFC news story like that?

We had this discussion on a Blackpool forum a few weeks back and it seem most of our fans would rather have the Venkys. Although they make mistake after mistake, at least they seem willing to spend on players and wages, something we can only dream of. Both owners cost there clubs places in the Premiership IMO, ours by refusing to spend a penny and yours by sacking Fat Sam. The Oystons have milked the club for all the Premier League money, paying Owen 11 million whilst refusing to pay the going rate for players, refusing to invest in the cabbage patch of a pitch, buying land for 650k then selling it to the club for 6.5 million, building hotels with the Premier League revenue, having days when the players are unable to train due to unfit for purpose training facilities. We have needed a striker for 3 years, yet you have them in abundance, transfer fees received are never reinvested and just seem to vanish, we have a stand which is unsafe and dosent seem to be any closer to being repaired. I could go on and on with the list but iam sure you get the jist, all i will say is be careful what you wish for ;)

always had a soft spot for Blackpool as their fans talk sense!.If oyston had shown a little more ambition(dingle board too!)you would of gone straight back up.

Yeah it's not like the club will have much use for good players in the future

pathetic and predictable post!.Change the record as your getting very boring!.Well done venkys for backing the youth team and reserve team etc facilities to bring us upto academy status 1.Whats your problem doom and gloomsters? Have venkys annoyed you for receiving some praise?!.

What on earth gives you the impression that anybody on this board is going to be interested in a positive BRFC news story like that?

It actually sounds like positive news that. But if they can get (and listen to) good advice on matters like a new 3G pitch, why can't they do so on important things like, oh I don't know, the first team manager?

Some interesting posts, guess things seem different looking in from the outside. You may think Blackpool are well run but it is more down to the Oystons being tight, we were a striker away from winning the Play-Off final last season, the fans knew it, the manager knew it but the clowns that run the club wouldnt fund it. Oh well, lets hope for a good game today and hopefully this will be a Championship fixture next season and not League 1 :(

It's like asking whether you'd rather have your dick put in a mangle or a vice.

:D

First off to all Blackpool fans the Oystons are not good. From all I've heard from family and friends in that area who are interested in the team they see Blackpool solely as a money making scheme and are tight to the point of detrimental to the team. They are not good owners or prudent as some may say but tight fisted leeches.

Having said all of that compared to Venkeys they're a blessing. Regardless of motives the financial structure at Blackpool is sound, and recent managerial appointments aside, generally they appoint sound managers. They let football people look after the football, even if on a shoe-string budget, and actually have a clue what's going on.

So terrible as the Oystons are compared with Venkeys they'd be a blessing as owners.

At the moment I would take the Venkys over the Oyston Clan but only just. A few years ago I was told a story from a Man U fan who was serving them at a restaurant and he was appalled at their attitude and open bragging about how much they were making out of the club and the fans.

Do you know anybody who has served either Martin Edwards or even worse the Glasers?

To be quite honest hanks anybody who shoves a load of money into a football club and who benefits that club should quite rightly see a return on his investment. It's only right.

• Moderation Lead

Do you know anybody who has served either Martin Edwards or even worse the Glasers?

To be quite honest hanks anybody who shoves a load of money into a football club and who benefits that club should quite rightly see a return on his investment. It's only right.

Indeed, though paying yourself an £11 Million salary when your team has just been relegated is likely to rile folk, and probably massively takes the proverbial IMO.

Indeed, though paying yourself an £11 Million salary when your team has just been relegated is likely to rile folk, and probably massively takes the proverbial IMO.

Never going to have access to that sort of bunce again though is he? Rem Blackpool were alternating between divs 1 and 2 before they bought in and I'd be amazed if they didn't end up back there if they leave.

Archived