BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys: "after we took over"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, don't remember that. Can only retain a certain level of bad news!

So, did both sides know that that was the situation? Thick if they did?

From the Trust side i think it was referred to as a finders fee. God knows what title it was given from the Venky side, a please don't expose us to your perverted dance rountine and we'll bung u a million, fee perhaps :)

Venky's statement; "When we bought Blackburn Rovers, we were VERY naive. (For that, we are so sorry). We did not, and still do not fully understand the proper way to run a football club. (For that, we are SO sorry). We were sucked in by people who had their OWN interests at heart. (For that, we are SO sorry). People who CLEARLY thought they were better equipped to do the job for which they were employed, than they actually were. (For that, we are SO sorry). These same people advised us that we COULD sign such players as Ronaldhino, Beckham etc, through THEIR contacts within the game. (For that, we are SO sorry). They also made us believe that Champions League qualification would be achievable within 3 seasons. (For that, we are SO sorry) We got rid of an exceptional chairman in John Williams, and replaced him with Shebby Singh. (We are VERY sorry for that). Then a succession of use-less people who in reality, are not capable of running a bath, let alone a once PROUD and ADMIRED football club. (For that, we are TRULY sorry)................Carlsberg don't do GROVELLING APOLOGIES, but if they DID.................................

(pinched off facebook )

• 2 months later...

Mrs D has said she is not in control even now.

What the kean got discussed in Pune two weeks ago then?????

Philip you will also remember at the time it was rumoured Keanochio had a stake in the club and any players leaving the club was split between Keanochio & " he who shall not be named" all this suggests to me in the early days & with those leaked emails Venkys were only the owners on paper.

Exaggerating the attendance at matches lets you run some of the dirty takings from your previous career through the turnstiles, turning them into legitimate income (this particular ruse works best if you buy a middling club, where games are not routinely sold out).
With the help of a co-operative agent, the fees, commissions and even parts of players’ salaries can find their way back to you (and away from the taxman). Agents who are personal friends may be safest.

Now if you could just relegate the club so they're out of the PL spotlight too, then it would make it all so much easier to get away with. But don't worry, there's still 4 years of juicy parachute payments to offset the loss of all that TV money. Once that's run out, dump the carcass and move on.

interesting indeed, one could argue that several of those techniques have been used at Rovers. Or, alternatively, that Venky's are just naive.....

They own/run multi national companies and you think they may be naïve.

I would suggest they have used those techniques and a few more that have not come to light as yet

interesting indeed, one could argue that several of those techniques have been used at Rovers. Or, alternatively, that Venky's are just naive.....

Or that Venkys are naive and certain people surrounding them were not? I'm not saying this is the case, just speculating.

Or that Venkys are naive and certain people surrounding them were not? I'm not saying this is the case, just speculating.

There's none so blind as those who will not see

This is a very good point. One that has been mentioned several times before, but now we have a bit of proof that may point toward this being the case. Namely that Venky's weren't running the show. They were just a front for people who weren't allowed to own a football club. They may have said that they fully supported Kean because they were told to say so. We were all suspicious when that old witch said that Kean was unsackable. We always wondered why Kean seemed so at ease in his job, despite the new lows we hit week after week with him in charge. This would all add up.

This is going to be the case it would seem.

oops my point about Venky's naivety was tongue in cheek. I'm firmly in the conspiracy theory camp

:D

I would not call it the conspiracy camp, I would call it something like the empirical data camp

Yep, ditto. It's after June now.......

They didn't say which June.

It's probably no coincidence that its all gone very quiet on that front too, perhaps keeping their heads down until 'the dossier' is forgotten about.

Maybe they are just busy with other stuff, you know, like legends 'charity' football matches and arranging players flights to take part.

They didn't say which June.

It's probably no coincidence that its all gone very quiet on that front too, perhaps keeping their heads down until 'the dossier' is forgotten about.

Maybe they are just busy with other stuff, you know, like legends 'charity' football matches and arranging players flights to take part.

Busy with lots of different things :) It's nice to know the charity side doesn't go unoticed thanks Roost

To keep updated visit www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk

At the end of April this place was in a frenzy regarding the Shaw case. Talk of the dossier contents being revealed this summer. Even Kamy was saying he expected a lot to come out in the close season.

Glen posted (and then deleted) a message saying there would 'Anderson and Kean stories' 100% 'hitting the broadsheets' detailing how they 'monopolised a 138 year old institution'. Added to this loads of hints about the Brunei, the British Virgin islands and the role of Indoo Sella Di Monteluce.

All of that anticipation has completely evaporated without further mention. I wouldn't mind knowing why!

To keep updated visit www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk

No thank you. It's been a refreshing change this summer with the attention seekers back under their rocks. The real fans will get on with supporting the team, the manager and the players into a vital season. If other people are still desperately trying to secure the club a points deduction with their "dossiers" then that's up to them.

I wonder what happened to the ballot on supporting the Rovers Trust, the result of which was due in February.

I wonder what percentage of the legendary 12000 members of BRAG turned up at the AGM last week?!

Archived