BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> The Tyranny Of Ignorance

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Writer Dean Jones has agreed to let us publish an article of his on Shebby Singh. It is published to the front page here.

Excerpt below.

The controversial figure has been causing controversy once again this week, defending the club's Indian owners Venky's whilst launching a scathing attack on the people looking to take the club from their clearly incompetent hands.

Singh is a symbol of everything that has been wrong at the football club for the last two years. A former Malaysian international and Asian football pundit, Singh arrived on the scene at Blackburn in 2012 with the title "global advisor". Few knew what that title actually meant and what responsibilities Singh actually had to justify his £400,000 a year salary, but there was so much confusion surrounding Blackburn at the time that it went relatively unnoticed.

View full article

Very good, but where was this sort of piece at the start of the 'slide'?

It's obvious that the press knew what was happening then (based on the agents taking the club for a ride again quote) yet they chose the easy target, the fans.

Also funny that one of the main constants in this debacle comes out of it in a positive light.

That's properly weak. It can't be from a professional writer.

It's basically an extra long forum post, and not a particularly insightful one.

The only sentence worth picking out, on Shebby's MGP 'pensioner' comment:

"The fans did not take well to this callous remark over one of their most committed players."

Seriously? I thought people had been calling for MGP to be axed for years.

Thanks Dean Jones. negative comments are the posters' problem. BRAG actions,Trust progress,the Documentary coming out,Dean's article are a front of action from committed supporters.

The word you are looking for is BRILLIANT. Bring it on!

Guest Wen Y Hu

was good apart from mixing the tenure lengths of Berg and Appleton.

Good spot. Many thanks indeed. Duly amended.

Very good, but where was this sort of piece at the start of the 'slide'?

It's obvious that the press knew what was happening then (based on the agents taking the club for a ride again quote) yet they chose the easy target, the fans.

Also funny that one of the main constants in this debacle comes out of it in a positive light.

The start of the "slide" is difficult to define in one sense inasmuch as it wasn't recognised as such until much later. I don't believe that the "press" actually understood what was happening in the initial stages, but as you suggest it was clear that there is an unhealthy air of resignation in press circles with regard to the role of agents who take clubs - and the game - for a ride. Not sure that anyone associated with the dysfunctional entity that is BRFC can come out of this in a positive light - whoever you are referring to is, in any case, beyond the remit of the article and is, in any case, a complete ****.

Whoever it is.

Is Dean Jones freelance or does he works for a National publication?

Very much freelance. With the emphasis on "free" in the spirit of a fans site.

That's properly weak. It can't be from a professional writer.

It's basically an extra long forum post, and not a particularly insightful one.

The only sentence worth picking out, on Shebby's MGP 'pensioner' comment:

"The fans did not take well to this callous remark over one of their most committed players."

Seriously? I thought people had been calling for MGP to be axed for years.

Correct - he's just a regular bloke like you and me. But he put something together that we thought deserved a wider audience. MGP has been poor for yonks - I run to the bog quicker than he closes down opponents - but the point is that a senior official of the club should not be making disparaging comments about a senior player in a public gathering in front of the national media. Comment as a football pundit? Punchy. Comment as a senior club representative? Irresponsible and unacceptable.

Thanks Dean Jones. negative comments are the posters' problem. BRAG actions,Trust progress,the Documentary coming out,Dean's article are a front of action from committed supporters.

The word you are looking for is BRILLIANT. Bring it on!

We're bringing it on. Believe me. It's time for the phoney war to come to an end. I may not easily become animated ( ;)) but when I do ...

Correct - he's just a regular bloke like you and me. But he put something together that we thought deserved a wider audience. MGP has been poor for yonks - I run to the bog quicker than he closes down opponents - but the point is that a senior official of the club should not be making disparaging comments about a senior player in a public gathering in front of the national media. Comment as a football pundit? Punchy. Comment as a senior club representative? Irresponsible and unacceptable.

Fair enough. I was just a bit disappointed with the article as it's little more than a summary of a couple of old Daily Mail stories, and I don't think it does the front page any favours. There's original research and punchy comment in various threads on here that is more deserving of promotion.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Don't give Perthblue ideas. It seems we both have something against Nazis.

And M-K: Fully get where you are coming from, but it is a case of reading in context. This was an opinion piece from a guest writer and we are very grateful for the contribution. Everyone is dying to know the full story and make sense of it all. I truly believe that the day when Rovers fans can start to come to terms with the raping of our club and its heritage is very close.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.