BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football attendances

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Drog. Let's be real here, the only reason you're so vehement about 'Lanky United' is because you know the idea will never get off the ground in the first place. You're like a politician.

Then enjoy footballing oblivion guys. Most of you will find something else to do with your saturdays whilst the stubborn ones who don't will cosy up in the one stand still open whilst someone goes around with a blanket to catch coins so that the electric isn't switched off for the last time. A cold wind is blowing around these parts.

Then enjoy footballing oblivion guys. Most of you will find something else to do with your saturdays whilst the stubborn ones who don't will cosy up in the one stand still open whilst someone goes around with a blanket to catch coins so that the electric isn't switched off for the last time. A cold wind is blowing around these parts.

Drama Queen. :D

I can catagorically tell you that your scenario will never happen but thanks for the story anyway.

And I'll still be there :)

I've no doubt you will odb, and you too clitheroe...... Ever wondered whether your kids and their kids will be with you though? :rock: They wont want saddling with a tiny little club plodding around the lower divisions without any future hope and trading on former glories I'm sure.

You know what Jack Walker's motto was I presume?

I've no doubt you will odb...... what about your kids and their kids though? :rock: They wont want saddling with a tiny little club plodding around the lower divisions without any future hope and trading on former glories I'm sure.

You know what Jack Walker's motto was I presume?

I've always thought there's 2 types of football fans:

1. Traditional fans - Ones who support their team based on loyalty to the area, love of the club and its community of fans, and enjoyment of the matchday experience.

2. Gloryhunters - Ones who support their team based on its level of success.

I always thought you were in the first bracket, but its becoming quite obvious that you're in the second and proud of it. If you don't want to support a "tiny little club plodding around the lower divisions" why don't you just support Man Utd? Its exactly the same as supporting Lancashire Utd except a bit more expensive for a ticket and you have to travel a bit further, but on the plus side you get to support a club thats miles better than Lancashire Utd will ever be.

I've always thought there's 2 types of football fans:

1. Traditional fans - Ones who support their team based on loyalty to the area, love of the club and its community of fans, and enjoyment of the matchday experience.

2. Gloryhunters - Ones who support their team based on its level of success.

Very good. You sound like a chap who drinks mild. ^_^

Unfortunately when the town was full of industry, employment and Blackburn born and bred citizens we averaged about 6000 of those 'traditional fans' of which you refer. I've been through all that and I'm not wasting my time going through it again. Life is too short for liost causes. Jack strode up to the oche and put his money where his mouth is and we found 20000 'glory hunters'. Much as you despise them they are needed cos their money is worth 3x yours. Jack said BRFC must be run as a business, you are promoting the opposite.

And I'll still be there :)

I've no doubt you will odb, and you too clitheroe...... Ever wondered whether your kids and their kids will be with you though? :rock: They wont want saddling with a tiny little club plodding around the lower divisions without any future hope and trading on former glories I'm sure.

I'll try with my son but I'll never push supporting the club onto him. If he supports a Premier League club so be it but I'll vow never to buy him a United shirt, any of the others I'm not as concerned with. Seeing teenagers in Accrington Stanley tops gives me hope that not all kids give in to peer pressure and if he does end up supporting one of the bigger clubs hopefully he'll come round and see the light when he grows up a bit.

My lass when she was a nipper came home from school one day and said she was supporting ManU. A few hours locked in the garden shed did the trick and she's been a hard-nut Rovers fan ever since. I don't go along with this idea of letting kids make up their own mind - if they're living under your roof they're Rovers fans full stop.

My lass when she was a nipper came home from school one day and said she was supporting ManU. A few hours locked in the garden shed did the trick and she's been a hard-nut Rovers fan ever since. I don't go along with this idea of letting kids make up their own mind - if they're living under your roof they're Rovers fans full stop.

Someone call childline!!!!!

;)

Very good. You sound like a chap who drinks mild. ^_^

Unfortunately when the town was full of industry, employment and Blackburn born and bred citizens we averaged about 6000 of those 'traditional fans' of which you refer. I've been through all that and I'm not wasting my time going through it again. Life is too short for liost causes. Jack strode up to the oche and put his money where his mouth is and we found 20000 'glory hunters'. Much as you despise them they are needed cos their money is worth 3x yours. Jack said BRFC must be run as a business, you are promoting the opposite.

Well what about those fans that haven't been through it (any fans under 30 for example)? If someone had come to you in 1970 and said they wanted to disband Rovers and create a more successful club, what would you have said? I'm in the generation that has rarely seen us outside the PL and I know plenty of people in it who are relishing certain aspects of being further down the footballing ladder. Aspects such as fair refereeing, no glass ceiling, cheaper tickets, new grounds to visit, more saturday afternoon kick-offs etc.

I suppose we disagree on the fundamental reasons for being a fan. I'm a Rovers fan because I like football and I'm proud of where I'm from, its as simple as that. So there's no "cause" to lose in my eyes. There's no minimum benchmark for where Rovers have to be, as long as everyone at the club has the right motives and application, I'll support it. Even under Venkys who to be fair are affecting my support, there's still plenty of things about Rovers I enjoy: this board, our awesome kit, our awesome ground, the great home pubs around it, our away following, comitted players like Pedersen and Dunn and brilliant players like Rhodes, our name, our history, the sign at Jct 4 of the M65 that says "Proud home of Blackburn Rovers", etc etc. Stuart did a similar post to this in a topic a week or 2 ago that was a lot better and summed it up for me.

Its all hypothetical I know but personally I'd be devastated if Rovers was wrapped up and would despise Lancashire United from its first day to its last.

There's no need to worry - Lancashire United won't happen. It was mooted 50 years ago when the Lancashire town clubs were struggling after the abolition of the maximum wage and it was dismissed then as unworkable and undesirable. Trouble is, some people are stuck in the past and still think it's a good idea.

There's no need to worry - Lancashire United won't happen. It was mooted 50 years ago when the Lancashire town clubs were struggling after the abolition of the maximum wage and it was dismissed then as unworkable and undesirable. Trouble is, some people are stuck in the past and still think it's a good idea.

Protagonists for Lancs County are stuck in the past...?

That's an interesting take on it considering the main argument for Blackburn Rovers is tradition and history.

(When you consider the alternative arguments are an allegiance to a badge created in the 80s and a stadium built on the 90s). :)

I''m sure it did but it's a great pity they ever let you out!

Well what about those fans that haven't been through it (any fans under 30 for example)? If someone had come to you in 1970 and said they wanted to disband Rovers and create a more successful club, what would you have said? I'm in the generation that has rarely seen us outside the PL and I know plenty of people in it who are relishing certain aspects of being further down the footballing ladder. Aspects such as fair refereeing, no glass ceiling, cheaper tickets, new grounds to visit, more saturday afternoon kick-offs etc.

I suppose we disagree on the fundamental reasons for being a fan. I'm a Rovers fan because I like football and I'm proud of where I'm from, its as simple as that. So there's no "cause" to lose in my eyes. There's no minimum benchmark for where Rovers have to be, as long as everyone at the club has the right motives and application, I'll support it. Even under Venkys who to be fair are affecting my support, there's still plenty of things about Rovers I enjoy: this board, our awesome kit, our awesome ground, the great home pubs around it, our away following, comitted players like Pedersen and Dunn and brilliant players like Rhodes, our name, our history, the sign at Jct 4 of the M65 that says "Proud home of Blackburn Rovers", etc etc. Stuart did a similar post to this in a topic a week or 2 ago that was a lot better and summed it up for me.

Its all hypothetical I know but personally I'd be devastated if Rovers was wrapped up and would despise Lancashire United from its first day to its last.

Thats a lame one to trot out cos we already have cheap tickets. I doubt you'll find a better deal for ST's than the £200 and bundles offered by BRFC. Just as a matter of interest how much do you think ST's should be?

As to the others and especially 'further down the divisions' you'll soon get heartily sick of those when the fottball on offer is so dire. Trust me I've been there and bought that bloody T shirt and you can have it!

btw you won't have a hope in hell of seeing players like Dunn, Rhodes and MGP playing in the blue and white halves. Out of the current lot Olsson mk2, Cameron Stewart, and if you are very lucky Lowe and Morris are about the best you'll see. Trust me I am not lying!

Time to send this non-debate for a long stand

The ONLY time Lancashire United will ever of had any relevance in the North West. Even that name didn't last

lancashire_united_2.png

Blue and white halves with red piping though! Can't knock that. :tu:

Time to send this non-debate for a long stand

The ONLY time Lancashire United will ever of had any relevance in the North West. Even that name didn't last

lancashire_united_2.png

I still see buses with Lancashire United on the side, but this is in Clitheroe where things are a wee bit behind everywhere else.

Note the guy getting onto the bus behind has his hands in his pockets so as not to reveal the amount of fingers he possesses.

Archived