BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson - Set to Return

Paul Robinson now feels he will be ready for the start of the new season

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8730314

If Jake Kean is now our number 1(I believe he should be) should the club be doing all it can to move Robinson(and his big wages) on even if that means having to pay him off if no other club is willing to match his salary OR should we keep him on as back up instead of having to pay him off(if no club is willing to take him on)

p.s. sorry if this is not really 'new thread' worthy but I couldn't decide which other thread it best suited!

If Bowyer doesn't see him as his number 1 keeper then he needs to go in my opinion. There can't be any more of a pointless waste of money than having your reserve goalkeeper on big wages. The trouble is who's gonna come in for a 33 year old keeper on big wages who can't get in a bottom half Championship side?

if PR is fit then he should be our No1, much better than Kean.

If Bowyer doesn't see him as his number 1 keeper then he needs to go in my opinion. There can't be any more of a pointless waste of money than having your reserve goalkeeper on big wages. The trouble is who's gonna come in for a 33 year old keeper on big wages who can't get in a bottom half Championship side?

I think Robbo would be well suited for a move abroad, somewhere like USA or Quatar. Being at his age/skill level and a former regular England international he ticks all the boxes for a move to one of those type of clubs. I also reckon they'll be the only ones willing to pick up his high wages as no club over here with any sense will pay that much.

Ive got full respect for robbo, always nice to the fans and professional. Would be sad to see him go, but at the same time do we really need him when we have kean?

I just hope he gets back to full fitness and shows us his best form.

I said a while ago that I read in the LET that he had 2 years left and this proves it. We're going to have to pay him a bloody good wedge to leave, which is obviously why his Hammers deal fell through. Murphy, Etuhu, Robinson, Dann, Best and Olsson must all be on £30k+ and going absolutely nowhere (well, Olsson may get some interest).

Maybe Venkys silence is down to the fact that they're simply hiding from the money men?

• Backroom

Have people forgotten that Kean was a revelation after PR was pisspoor for a couple months? Kean bosses his defence and appears to command respect. PR is good at occasionally stopping shots. I genuinely prefer Kean.

Ive never rated PR(even in his prime), hes JUST a close range shot stopper, every other aspect of his goal keeping is and always has been awful, sure hes a nice guy though and good luck to him in the future, just let it be somewhere else though please(unless he's willing to take a massive wage cut and play back up to kean)

Ive never rated PR(even in his prime), hes JUST a close range shot stopper, every other aspect of his goal keeping is and always has been awful, sure hes a nice guy though and good luck to him in the future, just let it be somewhere else though please(unless he's willing to take a massive wage cut and play back up to kean)

agree 100%

Guest Norbert

If he's fully fit again, he'll be slightly easier to shift. As said before, no room for sentiment, which is why we should have sold Flowers and kept Given.

• Moderation Lead

Any shots outside the box, on target are a goal where robbo is concerned.

As someone rightly said above, no room for sentiment in football.

Though saying that, I think Kean still has a lot to prove, many a time young players have a good start to there 1st team careers but then suddenly decline for some reason(though I think he'll be fine), it would be ideal to have a senior(veteran) keeper around to keep him on his toes(a low paid one though)

Rovers also brought in young goalkeeper Simon Eastwood: "Simon is someone that our goalkeeping coach John Keeley knows really well. He worked with him down at Portsmouth last season and rates him highly.
"He'll provide us with good competition in the goalkeeping position with Jake and Robbo."

Robinson seems to be in Gary's plans if this is anything to go by. Not the worst thing in the world if we get him back fit. Could alternate between him and Kean.

Archived