BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orr is a solid enough rb for the championship. BUT wages too high , prefer Kane - Henley will get stronger. So really need his wages off the bill. Also his stupid comments attempt to undermine the entire BRFC support on the night of our relegation wont be forgotten.

Corrected that for you. His actions were not of stupidity, they were malicious and pre-meditated imo. Read them again in the clearout begins thread

If your good enough, your good enough?

That must be why Lowe is already getting paid thousands to play professional sport. Respected by club and International managers alike. Clueless the lot of them. You would think they would listen to the views presented on here.

The only thing I can think of with Lowe is that when he was younger his athleticism made him stand out head and shoulders at youth team level but that his overall game hasn't developed to keep pace since. I don't care who's picked him for what teams, at this point in time, imo he's absolutely useless in midfield and has no influence on games whatsoever. I don't see the point in trying to dress it up or dance around the issue because he's young and or local etc.

Maybe he might become an effective ratter in midfield in the Savage mould once he gets older but I really can't see it personally. At full back however I think he's always done a decent if unspectacular job.

Pleased with Evans signing! But confused then why we signed the likes of Marrow. In the CM position we now have lowe, marrow, evans, etuhu, williamson, cairney and am sure there are others too (rosado, formica, dunn etc)

expect etuhu, formica and rosado to be sold

I think we are looking for 4 Centre mids in the main, Evans, Willo, Marrow & Lowe. Cairney is only a loan but I think Etuhu will be gone by the time the window shuts.

Willo is injury prone as well and any of the other names Peds, Dunn, Formica etc are not natural (or decent) CM.

Corrected that for you. His actions were not of stupidity, they were malicious and pre-meditated imo. Read them again in the clearout begins thread

Yup, the true version of events at Rovers had been clouded over all season by Kean's PR team. To quote Orr, "I'll thank him for everything he's done over the course of the season..." This from a fella who hadn't even joined until January. Why was Orr of all people speaking on behalf of the dressing room? The interview was quite clearly staged and Orr was the lucky sellout who got to spiel more Team Kean propaganda to Sky Sports and the viewers at home.

I think the team/squad is shaping up quite nicely but it is now imperative we need to get some out and I wouldn't mind any of the following going: Robison, Givet, Orr, Olsson, Formica, Rosado, Etuhu, Edinho, Jorge and so on....

I think we need to keep Rochina though I really believe he could be the difference in us struggling towards the bottom end to mid/playoff places coupled with Rhodes...

Also I rate Scott Dann and want to keep him and Hanley together - If either went though I would not be dissapointed in Kilgallon :)

Really need to shift a minimum of 5-6 ASAP.

Yup, the true version of events at Rovers had been clouded over all season by Kean's PR team. To quote Orr, "I'll thank him for everything he's done over the course of the season..." This from a fella who hadn't even joined until January. Why was Orr of all people speaking on behalf of the dressing room? The interview was quite clearly staged and Orr was the lucky sellout who got to spiel more Team Kean propaganda to Sky Sports and the viewers at home.

I was being polite! I don't like him and haven't forgiven or forgotten his comments, which were at a time when fans of this club were being blamed when all we were rightly doing is objecting to the way our proud club was being treated and run. I was trying to just keep it to talking about our incoming players and players who need to be got rid of. I would have got rid of him a long time ago. Was simply saying even on pure football ability and wages he needs to be got rid of.

The only thing I can think of with Lowe is that when he was younger his athleticism made him stand out head and shoulders at youth team level but that his overall game hasn't developed to keep pace since. I don't care who's picked him for what teams, at this point in time, imo he's absolutely useless in midfield and has no influence on games whatsoever. I don't see the point in trying to dress it up or dance around the issue because he's young and or local etc.

Maybe he might become an effective ratter in midfield in the Savage mould once he gets older but I really can't see it personally. At full back however I think he's always done a decent if unspectacular job.

I think he would have a nice career as a full back for Accy Stanley, Rochdale or Bury.

Then again if he stays at Ewood we could find ourselves competing with those 3 soon.

Regarding Orr I'm sure I can speak for most Rovers fans in saying "Don't let the door hit you on tour obnoxious arse on the way out."

Personally I'm not too bothered about what he may or may not have said, however ill judged it may have been but I do take great exception to his performances in a Rovers shirt which are some of the worst I've seen in 40 odd years of watching the Club.

Despite being somewhat happy with all these new signings I have concerns over whether GB will get them working as a team soon enough for most fans. Sundays lineup will be very interesting indeed. Every team needs a backbone and a leader. I know some would like to see Cairney, Kilgallon, Spurr, Evans, Judge and perhaps even Marrow to start against Derby, but that makes half a team that hasn't got a preseason together. Building understanding takes time and in this league (combined with cups) the games come fast and hard. Honestly I'm hoping for "slow" start rather than trying to please impatient fans and throwing all our new boys on the field and hoping it works. My biggest fear is we will get too ambitious and thus get sucked into the bottom of the table early on. This again could turn the fans against our new players and so the circle of negativity under Venkys continue....

*sigh* We really are a mess either way aren't we? GB sure got his work cut out for him. Really REALLY hope he suceeds!

Still find it a very odd decision to let David Jones go to Burnley.

Completely one footed (as in literally his other foot was only for standing on), slow, not particularly convincing in the tackle and dallied on the ball.

A half decent quick fix but not a particularly good player.

If your good enough, your good enough?

That must be why Lowe is already getting paid thousands to play professional sport. Respected by club and International managers alike. Clueless the lot of them. You would think they would listen to the views presented on here.

To argue my point, Stuart Pearce was pretty clueless as a manager, look how we performed. Lowe works hard, that's it, nothing more and I'm sorry, at this level it just plainly isn't enough. I've heard many many times that he's the fittest player at Rovers by a mile, last off the training ground etc... Tugay wasn't, not that I'm saying that's what I expect from him but you see what I'm getting at (fitness needs to be teamed with talent).

Some seem to be getting uptight about the 'stick' he's been getting on here but people are just saying what they see unfortunately.

That determination could come from what they see on the training pitch? That's why Im saying give him a year in a stable team. Lets be honest hes been introduced into a team at the worst possible time in living memory.

The best teams introduce the younger players slowly into stable teams giving the best opportunity to develop and flourish, rather than the worst possible conditions which is plainly the case the last few years at Rovers. You never know, you might actually see other youngsters start to improve this next year with Bowyer in charge and everything appearing to be a little more sane at Rovers. There are a lot of younger players now at rovers and this may produce a good team spirit.

That's obviously the reason why he's getting picked, same response as above really. I really do want him to prove me wrong of course but from what I've seen, after almost 2 seasons and a loan he needs to out again and prove himself. With the competition we have here now, he could stagnate. Let him drop down to a promotion chasing league 1 team... I feel that would be perfect for him.

The more I read of Evans the more I think he is a good transfer and exactly what we need. Tough, able to contribute defensively, but also able to move the ball about and keep the team ticking over. On paper he seems a very good signing, and he fits into where we need him. A round peg for a round hole. Hopefully he'll get fit soon.

Guest Norbert

I'm another one who is puzzled by the signing of Marrow (or perhaps that should be Evans as he came later). If Evans and Crainey will be the main midfielders, then where would that leave Marrow? Fighting for a bit part with Williamson? Long term, maybe the central midfield will be:

Marrow/Evans/Crainey

or

Marrow/Evans

Rochina (as a number 10)

Now we have a few midfielders, we should focus on getting the overpaid dross out.

Oh, and I apologise to JAL for being so personal yesterday. You see the bad side of things all the time, but I was a bit too aggressive in that post.

Archived