BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8729551/Bayern-Munich-youngster-Dale-Jennings-is-keen-to-return-to-England

i know he's trained with the 1st team a few times but think he's only played for the B team. Good player and a left winger with two feet.

Knock yourselves out:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB1.html

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Jones would be a good signing.

Bowyer has already lined up Taylor, Judge and Eastwood. Plus he is interest in Matt Smith from Oldham on free transfer(source LT yesterday)

Already believe Rovers are after Ian Evatt from Blackpool on a free transfer

would be a good loan signing.

I would expect a lot of outgoings tbh. players I expect to leave are Givet, Martin Olsson, Murphy, Rosado, Henrique, Formica, maybe Pedersen and Etuhu.

Would defo keep Rhodes at all cost plus Dann and Hanley plus Rochina and Best.

Who would want all of them? You keep saying this but none of these players will have suitors.

David Jones would be a good signing.

Bowyer has already lined up Taylor, Judge and Eastwood. Plus he is interest in Matt Smith from Oldham on free transfer(source LT yesterday)

Already believe Rovers are after Ian Evatt from Blackpool on a free transfer

would be a good loan signing.

I would expect a lot of outgoings tbh. players I expect to leave are Givet, Martin Olsson, Murphy, Rosado, Henrique, Formica, maybe Pedersen and Etuhu.

Would defo keep Rhodes at all cost plus Dann and Hanley plus Rochina and Best.

we`d be bloody fortunate to get rid of the likes of murphy and nuno gomes on the money they are on, they won`t get that elsewhere.

etuhu i think bowyer might want to use, injuries clearly hindered him last season, so we may not have seen his best form for us. cue lots of derision..

Putting aside the turmoil and circumstance at the club the player I think would be ideal for us would be Holt at Norwich - would be an excellent partner and foil up front for Rhodes ( if he stays).

Not quite sure of his situation at Norwich and would probably command and pretty decent fee if available and would prepare to drop from the P/L

Putting aside the turmoil and circumstance at the club the player I think would be ideal for us would be Holt at Norwich - would be an excellent partner and foil up front for Rhodes ( if he stays).

Not quite sure of his situation at Norwich and would probably command and pretty decent fee if available and would prepare to drop from the P/L

think holt is a first team starter for norwich ain`t he..?

For me Mr Whitehead has slightly unfortunate hair and has the look of a Dickens villain.

:D We're in no position to be turning down players cos they have crap hair :D

there's nothing wrong with picking up lower league players provided they are the right ones - the up and coming not the had it once but don't now or the never even had it ones. Not every young lad who is going to make it gets into a premier league academy because all kids develop at different rates and there are only so many places anyway. Plenty of the lower league clubs develop decent players and plenty of players for whatever reason end up playing in lower leagues. We're not looking for elite premier league players at this stage - we are looking for a couple of senior pros who will work hard, rarely get injured and can put in a hard graft doing the dirty work that needs to be done to get you a foothold in any game. After that we are looking for runners who will go and go and go and still be running when the whistle goes. If they have pace too well that's a bonus. the ability to find a team mate with a pass and to make space for a teammate to find you with a pass are helpful, since we've had neither of those skills in our midfield for some time now. We do have some decent - not great but decent - players already but they are having to do too much on their own and need a full team of at least decent players around them to help them play to the best of their ability. We'd all like to buy Messi but who would get the ball and give it to him in dangerous areas? Last year showed if nothing else that a little bit of flair and a lot of hardwork, is what gets you out of this league - the premier league can be worried about if and when we ever get back there.

We'll be looking for any crap lower end Premiership cast offs and lower league superstars such is the position Venky's have put us in. Cheers guys.

Indeed. Oh for the heady days of Johann Vogel and Yildaray Basturk.

I quite like the transfer policy so far. Forget about big names from the premier league, we need established lower league players who will graft.

They are not exciting names but they'll be far more effective than our current crop of overpaid losers.

Indeed. Oh for the heady days of Johann Vogel and Yildaray Basturk.

it`s laughable to try and be derisory about those 2 players, each had top notch careers at the highest level, just unfortunate they joined rovers after injury had ravaged their ability to perform at the top anymore.

Archived