SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

As good as this is something doesn't add up

Less than a week ago he was announced as chairman of the community trust now this

Thats got to be one of the worst press releases/Official Statements ever?

"The Club would like to announce that Operations Director Paul Agnew is no longer employed by Blackburn Rovers.

The Club would like to announce that Paul Agnew is no longer
employed by Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Plc and would like
to thank Mr Agnew for his service as Operations Director over the last
11 months."

Would Like to? Eh?

On a serious note. Paul is an individual with a family and a living to be made from his reputation and is therefore easily libelled. I'm just hypothesizing here, but I imagine the club would have been against him brining action against fans, but he is now just an individual with no such pressure

Please, think before posting.

Thats got to be one of the worst press releases/Official Statements ever?

"The Club would like to announce that Operations Director Paul Agnew is no longer employed by Blackburn Rovers.

The Club would like to announce that Paul Agnew is no longer

employed by Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Plc and would like

to thank Mr Agnew for his service as Operations Director over the last

11 months."

Would Like to? Eh?

I think its a great press release. Aggers is no more.

Didn't he once say in relation to kean our fans have backed the wrong horse I've backed the winner or words to that effect.

Either way a wins a win I'll take them wherever I can with rovers. Really has made my day the thought we've actually taken a baby step to heading in the right direction for a change.

Cue something ridiculous...

My Dad used to play cricket with him and said he's a Blackburn fan through and through.

I don't know what led him to act the way he did alongside Kean and Shaw but I think he honestly thought he was doing the right thing.

That's the thing about the bad guys. They always think they're doing good.

My Dad used to play cricket with him and said he's a Blackburn fan through and through.

I don't know what led him to act the way he did alongside Kean and Shaw but I think he honestly thought he was doing the right thing.

He acted the way he did for one reason self preservation at the expense of the club.

He saw an opportunity to climb up the greasy pole to further his own career to a position well beyond his capabilities.

And therein lies the problem when your climbing the greasy pole and you kick everyone in the head on the way up no one will catch you on your way down.

Nothing makes sense at this club anymore. You are made chairman of the community trust last month and now you are walking or made to walk out the door.

His rise to where he got to

Press officer to director is unheard of

He probably didn't help himself backing Kean and Venkys for so long but what can you do when that is exactly what you were paid to do by your employers.

I am not disputing he is a lifelong fan but any other fan given the opportunity would have the balls to speak up and say something isnt right in the running of the club..

MAYBE HE HAS SPOKEN OUT

Who knows who will ever know.

Goodbye Mr A

• Backroom

So now just the S.S.to remove.

Must say rather strange to give him another job last week and sack him this week. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

Also wonder if the direct-line has played a role?

In fairness we don't know he was sacked he may have taken a role elsewhere

Hmm. I think you are very generous here. My experience is that people often need to find a way to explain away poor choices and decisions. Denial is so ingrained that in the end they believe their own distorted logic.Before we all dissolve into tears, let us remember that the real cost is born by others.

Solid news. Shebby next please.

So Singh is temprarily at least out the loop the FD is working her notice and Agnew is gone a week after being made chairman of the community trust.That leaves Shelf boy as last man standing incredibly after the court fiasco on Berg.makes you think a deal was struck for him to get publicly cast as an out of control fruitbat in return for some job security.

that may be the case but we have the club losing money hand over fist, a new rookie manager with the biggest amount of squad surgery to perform that we have ever seen and we have a Nobend failure to steer the ship through.

What in the name of god is going on.??

maybe there is something coming down the track re the long talked about boardroom overhaul but once again we have total carnage leading up to our charge to promotion next season ( yeah righty ho).

It redefines anybody s understanding of shambolic .Just where are you taking us Venkys??

Please , please do the right thing and hand this over to the Trust or Seneca or a combination of both whilst we still have a trickle of blood and oxygen left in our veins.

Archived