BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats got to be one of the worst press releases/Official Statements ever?

"The Club would like to announce that Operations Director Paul Agnew is no longer employed by Blackburn Rovers.

The Club would like to announce that Paul Agnew is no longer

employed by Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic Plc and would like

to thank Mr Agnew for his service as Operations Director over the last

11 months."

Would Like to? Eh?

Will his son have written that?

My Dad used to play cricket with him and said he's a Blackburn fan through and through.

I don't know what led him to act the way he did alongside Kean and Shaw but I think he honestly thought he was doing the right thing.

That's the thing about the bad guys. They always think they're doing good.

He clearly wasn't as through and through as the rest of the fans who wanted Kean out when he was trying to talk Kean out of resigning.

Happy , Happy , Happy!

Wonder if he's going to join his mate Keano at Chelsea :)

Let's hope his part in the demise is not forgotten in any investigation, perhaps this is all part of the "clean up" of the crime scene

Gary Bowyer's appointment and now this , amazing what can be done when you have some control over the club you own on paper

He clearly wasn't as through and through as the rest of the fans who wanted Kean out when he was trying to talk Kean out of resigning.

Hey I'm not defending the guy, far from it. I'm just trying to get my head around how someone who cares about the club can do so much damage to it.

Silk has been working her notice since the end of April (when the rumours started at least), she have to work 3 months?

Maybe Venky's have asked her to stay and she said ' on one condition. '

Shaw should be next.

Hey I'm not defending the guy, far from it. I'm just trying to get my head around how someone who cares about the club can do so much damage to it.

Wonga.

I do not think you are too far wrong.

Looking at Karen Silk's Linkedin page, she has a fairly impressive career to date, I just doubt she would allow herself to be pushed

out without a fight, a woman scorned and all that, more or less being blamed for the Berg cock-up.

Pretty sure she will have let Venky's know what is wrong at Ewood in no uncertain terms, maybe they are listening for once, of course

I could be barking up the wrong tree.

• Moderation Lead

I celebrated Kean's departure far too happily, not even considering who he would be replaced by. Let's see what happens next, though this is obviously a small step in the right direction. The guy's clearly a bell-end and not fit for purpose.

I celebrated Kean's departure far too happily, not even considering who he would be replaced by. Let's see what happens next, though this is obviously a small step in the right direction. The guy's clearly a bell-end and not fit for purpose.

I certainly celebrated, but assumed they would appoint someone better. Now, knowing the Loons for what they are, we could end up with any unqualified YTS lacky. At least for a short time we can welcome a good decision for a change.

Happy to see this but not turning cartwheels until we see what the structure of the club is going to look like. Replacing 1 tube with another isn't going to solve anything but at least the chuckle brothers dynasty is broken.

Mysterious though, they gave him a new job the other day didn't they. Does this mean he has gone completely or that he is doing a different role in the organisation? As usual the poor quality of the press release raises more questions than it answers.

It does make you wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

Funny though, as soon as Glen starts saying nice things about people - they are gone! :P Change of tactics for the Action Group, Glen? :lol:

Much like when Kean left, it all depends now on who they replace him with or if they replace him. A general manager is more of a baseball term so I'm not sure what their role is at a football club.

Happy to see this but not turning cartwheels until we see what the structure of the club is going to look like. Replacing 1 tube with another isn't going to solve anything but at least the chuckle brothers dynasty is broken.

Mysterious though, they gave him a new job the other day didn't they. Does this mean he has gone completely or that he is doing a different role in the organisation? As usual the poor quality of the press release raises more questions than it answers.

maybe they did'nt give him the Trust job, maybe they don't care about jobs like that, perhaps him and Shaw sorted that out between them.

Well it appears that Agnew was in Portugal (info from Mark Fish), which if true then he was at the Football League AGM, which is taking place in Portugal when he found out that he had been sacked! Excellent!

Perhaps he can nip into the SEM offices there and see if there are any other jobs going

The longevity of his involvement at BRFC, lasting an incredible 10 years and more, has always been a truly baffling one, particularly when we were in the Premiership.

There was never any obvious evidence of what he brought to the club in any positive way at all that a simple relationship with a decent PR firm and/or an experienced communications officer would not have done 1,000 times better.

His public pronouncements these past two and a bit years (whether he agreed with what he was saying or not) have been disgraceful and disrespectful to the supporters.

The public relations of our club is pitiful even when it has not been actively against the fans.

The media image the club has, and those responsible for that, truly cannot be any lower.

All in all a good day.

The longevity of his involvement at BRFC, lasting an incredible 10 years and more, has always been a truly baffling one, particularly when we were in the Premiership.

There was never any obvious evidence of what he brought to the club in any positive way at all that a simple relationship with a decent PR firm and/or an experienced communications officer would not have done 1,000 times better.

His public pronouncements these past two and a bit years (whether he agreed with what he was saying or not) have been disgraceful and disrespectful to the supporters.

The public relations of our club is pitiful even when it has not been actively against the fans.

The media image the club has, and those responsible for that, truly cannot be any lower.

All in all a good day.

Spot-on there my friend, his contribution in that sense has been unbelievably shocking, in fact our worst enemy could'nt have done

the job better.

Archived