BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Current chants

From all my years of watching Rovers I can't really remember many significant chants, the main thing I remember was when the drummer used to bang away at the drum which was great, but far too frequently so it seemed to kill off some chants.

What are our current chants? Do we have any chants that have been sung for years?

From all my years of watching Rovers I can't really remember many significant chants, the main thing I remember was when the drummer used to bang away at the drum which was great, but far too frequently so it seemed to kill off some chants.

What are our current chants? Do we have any chants that have been sung for years?

The drum element is an interesting one. I know a lot of people dislike it but personally I think its quite important and adds to an atmosphere (as you said as long as its not used for every single song). The problem without a drum to keep time is usually that fans sing too fast. This is especially the case in the Darwen End where a bunch of moronic kids use the side of the stand as a make-shift drum and then bang along dementedly at 100mph to everything, ruining most songs before they've really got going.

He's got a big head ... Grant Hanley .. He' s got a big head .......

My personal favourite at the moment, really made me laugh when I first heard it. Can't recall the Scott Dann one though unless is the same but "He can't f*ckin head".

Think we missed a trick with JR though, not using Country Roads, something along the lines of:

Jordan Rhodes, takes us home

To the place, where we belong

Premier League, for Jack Walker

Take us home, Jordan Rhodes

I always liked the Damien Duff "All you need is Duff, da da da da da"

Think we need to get a bit more creative. I think the loss of terracing is largely responsible for that, as in the 'olden days' it was always the same groups, stood in the same place in the BBE who used to get things going, ably assisted by a few shandies before the game! Things were more spontaneous. I rember John Fashanu coming to Ewood shortly after Justin came out of the closet to a rapturous chorus of "Does your brother s%^g your ar$e". Not very PC and in keeping with all the respect campaigns etc, but spontaneous & (at the time) very funny.

I think we should use this section for a few ideas (keeping them a bit cleaner & PC than the example above though obviously).

If he keeps up the performances of the last 2 games, I think Josh King would probably be deserving of one. Haven't got a clue what at the moment though.

Anyone?

• Like 1

We used to sing a different one in the 80's as well.

Were gonna fly over Burnley as high we can,

Show each other the way that they ran,

Ask the pilot how high can he go,

The s..t on the b.......s below, below.

For me, I have always been disappointed that we don't have an anthem particular to our club. Stoke, West Ham, Liverpool and others...when they sing their anthems and all join in it makes the hair stand up on your neck.

Going down the Bolton Road is probably our 'go to' chant, or somebodys 'blue and white army' for the masses, but others sing both of these with different wording so it is hardly exclusive to the club.

Anthems take years to integrate and become accepted and universally recognised. If we could create one now, our kids and their kids would have it for them to enjoy, something exclusive to the Rovers. But that is where I reach a full stop.

Any thoughts? Maybe something from days gone by, long forgotten. Our current chants are uninspiring and we need something that everyone is happy to join in to.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker