BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PES 14

Gt a chance to play PES and FIFA gamescom whilst working over there, both are great. Only played FIFA on next gen so can't really compare it to PES as they aren't doing a next gen version this year....I think a sensible move due to their poor transition last time.

Really enjoyed PES, felt like it was a real tactical challenge and passing the ball around felt great.

Been a FIFA boy for the last few years, their effort on next gen is great, but I think on current gen PES is better than FIFA 14. Understandable really as i'm sure they will have put more focus into the next gen with their live Worlds gimmick than the latest offering on PS3 / X360.

Looking forward to playing the demo later today. Kamy do you know if the demo is also out on Xbox Live today or is it just PSN?

Been playing PES 13 for a while, but downloaded the fifa 14 demo for xbox360, fifa just doesnt feel right. It has all the bells and whistles, but the play isnt the same. It just doesnt feel as natural, with PES you feel like you are cushioning a ball when controlling it, on FIFA it just happens. Im no PES fanboy either, i've had copies of both in last few years, and for a time FIFA was marginally better.

this has got to be the worst pro evo game ever, they have taken everything that was good about the game out of it, last years efforts were pretty good, all it needed was a few tweaks and they have totally revamped it. There are so many things wrong with this game that I cant be bothered typing them all. The player likenesses are quite frankly laughable, something you would expect on a playstation 1, the building up to a goal changed so badly that you can hardly keep possession, there are so many negatives with this game, all I can say is I think I will go back to playing pro evo 13.

this has got to be the worst pro evo game ever, they have taken everything that was good about the game out of it, last years efforts were pretty good, all it needed was a few tweaks and they have totally revamped it. There are so many things wrong with this game that I cant be bothered typing them all. The player likenesses are quite frankly laughable, something you would expect on a playstation 1, the building up to a goal changed so badly that you can hardly keep possession, there are so many negatives with this game, all I can say is I think I will go back to playing pro evo 13.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Very surprised at the poor reviews on here as the vast majority of the people that I know absolutely love PES14.

I have had it for a week and think that it superior to PES13 in terms of gameplay. Yes there are a few problems with the match engine but for me the animations are much better than PES13. I like the way that you have to use a combination of controls for tricks etc. I play on zero pass assistance and the game allows you to do a huge amount of things.

If you are having trouble with players trapping the ball then press R2 as the ball reaches the player, it will help player control the ball.

The faces etc aren't great and that aspect of the game definately needs work. But personally I am not bothered about that as I wanted the gameplay to be good and thus far I am enjoying it. I loved PES13 and played it right up until a few weeks ago, but have fallen in love with PES14, it is shaping up to be better than PES5 (which is my favourite ever PES).

To be fair I've only played the demo, maybe I need to try the full version but the demo just really isn't convincing IMO. It's a lot slower as well.

I know about the special controls but I still feel their touch is bad. You can't select an individual player on a set piece anymore either which I thought was a really good feature on the last game. Come to think of it I actually loved that feature.

Thanks Kamy, every now and again I have been heading it normally but I was getting frustrated because most of the time the player wasn't jumping for the ball. I'm glad I know how to do it now.

Yeah I do also do them crosses usually, my crosses have at times been really good which makes it even more annoying when I didn't know how to head it, and I couldn't see anything in the manual.

I hate it really, why couldn't they have left it like last years efforts, just tweaked it, I have been pro evo's biggest fan for years and every year I cant wait for the next instalment to come come out but this is seriously pap, if this is the new bar they have set then I wont bother with next years release

• Moderation Lead

It's a shame, as I was always very Pro Evo, but now I'll end up getting FIFA.

If they'd just re-made Pro Evo 3/4/5 every year but improved the graphics and updated the squads, they'd have been away. If it ain't broke....

Archived