BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] microsoft office

When the wife purchased a pc she got this as part of it (2010 version) ,you could add it to 3 machines(I think ). I use it all the time and never had a problem .I awoke today with orange icons on it , like its been disabled . I cant load it any longer as we don't have the disc as its asking for a key...any ideas before I look for "other " options.

It says not installed. ( ive system restored, ccleaner, malware )

If you have installed this, it was probably automatic,

Update kb2589275

It will be the cause of the problem. Either do a system restore to a date prior to when this was installed, you can check that in control panel, or Google it for the solution

I had the same problem, legally got Office 2010 with the laptop, but no key supplied on the case, in box etc so couldn't give a license, and ringing the Microsoft customer services was just a joke, so I just downloaded the 'toolkit' and 'fixed' the problem myself. I would imagine lots of legal Office owners have done the same.

Archived