BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like squid. Never had dog though.

I tried dog once - didn't really enjoy it. Nothing special, a bit greasy and too expensive.

But now I've decided I don't particularly like it, I wouldn't sit there whilst other people are eating it and tell them it's disgusting.

I did a 600km round trip last Tuesday..... Bloody big trucks trying to overtake an equally big truck on a hill.

A truck? isnt that american....wheres claytons left foot :)

It is annoying when they cut you up becasue they dont want to lose speed going uphill. To get revenge I overtake them, pull infront of them then slam on. They have to slam on then have lost all their speed and cant get up the hill

Wooooooo I win :rover:

Women at the check out: Checkout person: £5.49 please

Woman at counter fumbles for purse in handbag. Can't open it one handed. Puts down purse, puts down handbag, picks up purse, riffles around for notes, changes mind and looks for correct change, can't find correct change, back to notes, "I'm sure I had £10," "Do you take cards?" looks for cards, decides which one to use, changes mind, chooses different card, "Oh look there's that £10 I knew I put it somewhere."

Me at till, mentally calculates cost, begins counting change or has card in hand. Job done.

Apologies ladies but you know it's almost true!!! :) It's not a surprise, shops like to be paid!

And the other one. Lottery tickets. The hours I've spent at checkouts while people check their winnings!!! Do their numbers. Buy a Lucky frigging dip!! Newsagents PLEASE get a second till for this national tax.

Cash machines. I always seem to be behind someone who seems like they have never used one before in their life. Card comes out, goes back in, long pauses deliberating the life changing choices of receipt or no receipt :blink:

Motorists who litter - can someone explain the mentally behind throwing rubbish out of a car window ?.

Idiots on motorways (usually company car drivers) who think undertaking is clever.

Lorry drivers on dual carriageways who think it's clever to overtake another lorry and sit in the outside lane for 20 minutes or more.

Increasing Americanisation of the language - you see it all the time on this site.

Declining standards in newspapers. Many do not employ sub-editors any more.

Did I mention litter ?

A truck? isnt that american....wheres claytons left foot :)

It is annoying when they cut you up becasue they dont want to lose speed going uphill. To get revenge I overtake them, pull infront of them then slam on. They have to slam on then have lost all their speed and cant get up the hill

Wooooooo I win :rover:

Ever watch 'duel'?

Idiots on motorways (usually company car drivers) who think undertaking is clever.

That'll be less likely to happen now that the inconsiderate drivers who potter along and clog the middle and outside lanes are to be targetted by the police. About time too, such blinkered 'weekend' drivers are responsible for much of the M Way congestion.

Pretty much like the mentallity of the lazy arsed individuals who neither walk up escalators nor stand on the right to allow others to pass them.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

People who ring the Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Police etc, just to attack them. Cretins.

People who put you as their 'out of office' contact without telling you, despite you having no idea what they actually do.

Corporate speak straight out of a book...although I am currently beating my friend at 'bullshit bingo'

Toasters which aren't big enough to toast all the bread. Just why?!

One from last night - idiots who haven't paid for their ticket to get out of a multistory carpark. The man in front gets to the barrier, it doesn't let him out, tries several different cards (presumably not the ticket). Turns his car off, gets out, walks to the machine round the corner, seemingly can't use the machine because he's there a while, eventually gets back to the car and shrugs his shoulders saying 'what can you do?'. :wstu:

Pet hate - people who "manage" by email. If you want summat pick up the phone.

On the contrary if there is one thing that I have learned over the years is to put important stuff in writing. No one can deny, plead ignorance or argue then can they?

Archived